WHICH RACE HAS THE BEST MEDALS

Which race weekend has the best medals??

• Disney World Marathon weekend

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • Star Wars LS

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Star Wars DS

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Disneyland Half Weekend

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Tink Half Weekend

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Princess Half Weekend

• Super Hero Weekend

• Wine & Dine

• Total voters
This was a difficult decision for me. In the end I chose Star Wars Light Side because of the medal of bravery theme to the half medal. My very favorite medal is the Kessel Run challenge and since it requires both Star Wars Half Marathons, I had to choose my favorite Star Wars Half medal.

I think overall RunDisney does a really nice job with all of their medals. Like @rteetz said, if you have a specific theme you are looking for it can vary from Weekend to Weekend. For sheer volume and variety I don't think you can beat grabbing 6 of them by completing the Dopey Challenge. My favorite medal was the 20th Anniversary Marathon Medal, I'm hoping the 25th Anniversary Medal next year is also a standout.

I'm partial to the Fab Five so usually enjoy pics of the Marathon weekend medals. I really like the past Wine N Dine ones as well. And then my girly side thought the Tink weekend ones were done especially well this year (not as good the previous years imo)
So I think it's ever changing. I'm really jealous of the pixar ones atm but I realize that's probably a one and done theme.

Too hard to pick. The best bling to me is the bling I earn so all of it is equal and amazing for different reasons. They change so much each season that it is hard to pick a favorite.

Mickey is my favorite character and Spaceship Earth is my favorite attraction so the W&D medal followed by the January full would be my pick. I have my share of gripes with rD but their medals are not one of them.

As much as I cherish my Dopey Challenge medals, the other Marathon Weekend medals aren't all that exciting to me. I prefer the Tinkerbell medals overall.

I think the Coast to Coast ones are my favorite ... I'm really looking forward to getting that anniversary one here in a couple of weeks!

What, the Star Wars medals are the best.. The BB8 spiner 10k medal was fire. The Kessel run medal... no brainer here.

I think the WDWMW medals are consistently and overall the best looking. Consistently is the key word for me here. I love some of the Star Wars medals. The Tie Fighter 10k medal, BB8, the Kessel Run are some of the most appealing that I've seen. However, there have been so many "meh" to bad looking medals from those weekends that I can't go with them as being best looking overall.

Holding out a little hope that with it being the 25th Anniversary and with sellouts being somewhat important to rD that there might be previews of 2018 Marathon Weekend medals, specifically the 25th Anniversary Marathon medal, on display at the upcoming DL races at the end of August. The 20th Anniversary Marathon medal is still my favorite but they completely botched (IMO) the 20th Anniversary Half medal; I guess I'm cautiously optimistic about what they will design.

I can really only compare the ones I have in person, so my favorite is my Everest Challenge medal, I mean it's a compass, so it's the most unique I have. Otherwise, I like them all since they all have different meanings to me.

Whatever weekend I am able to sign up for. If it is an anniversary or inaugural spinner all the better. That being said, Marathon weekend has been my only repeated weekend so far.

I'll copy @Keels answer and say I love the Coast to Coast I just got. As far as races, I haven't participated in all of them, but I do love the marathon weekend ones because of the classic Disney characters they represent. Mickey and the marathon in particular.

Not an option in the poll, but the Kessel Run is the best medal. It's the entire reason I started running. And they better have one next year when I can finally do it!

It's too hard for me to actually vote in the poll because of the medals always changing, so there's no specific weekend that I think always has the best medals. But in terms of the medals I've earned, my favorite is the Dark Side Challenge Death Star one from this year. I love it so much. The 2015 Wine and Dine medal is also great, but my feelings towards it as a whole are a bit tainted since it wasn't really a half marathon.

One of my favorite medals overall that I don't actually have and am sad to have never gotten the chance to earn is the Princess Half medal with the heart and tiara. I think that one is so pretty and princessy and much better than the enchanted rose one they used this year for the Belle theme.

As others have said, Marathon Weekend's medals are also usually pretty cool with the classic characters. They better come up with something really special for the 25th Marathon next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter