Which Steak Restaurant? Opinions, please.

mrsap

DIS Veteran
Hey guys! We have been going to our favorite restaurant for the last few years, which is Narcoossee’s. Last year we tried Le Cellier. I liked the filet but LOVED their truffle fries. This year we booked Yachtsman, but I’m staring to doubt my decision. We’d be ordering filet so it’s most important in the decision. I’ve never been, so I’d love to hear your opinions on how it compares with Narcoossees and Le Cellier. Do you feel it’s a good choice, or try to get one of the others? Thanks for your opinions!

I haven't had the chance to go to Narcoossee's or Yachtsman but like you, we love the truffle fries at Le Cellier. My wife and I really like the atmosphere and food at Le Cellier. We also greatly enjoy the steaks at Artist Point but since that is changing soon, we will have to find a second steak place to enjoy. I hear a lot of great reviews about Narcoossee's especially with the ability to see the fireworks over the castle.

Had a great Steak and Dinner experience at STK 2 weeks ago. Samuel the waiter is the best I've ever had in Florida and I've been coming for 23 years.

I've been to all the restaurants you mentioned and had great meals at each. I love Le Cellier's Filet so much I'm serving it at my wedding. But I also really enjoyed my meal at Yachtsman Steakhouse. I would try it out, it is a really nice atmosphere, the tables are way farther apart than you'll find at Le Cellier. You should order their truffle Mac and Cheese it is absolutely amazing. They also have really delicious rolls.

Are you on the DDP? If not, then I would pick Shulas. We have had filet at just about every restaurant on property that has it and Shulas is by far the best and most consistent.

A year ago we ate at the Turf Club in SSR and they had a NY strip steak with rosemary fries special. It was PHENOMENAL. Probably the best steak I have ever had in WDW... and the price was only around $30! The place is not particularly fancy but is very inviting!

Are you on the DDP? If not, then I would pick Shulas. We have had filet at just about every restaurant on property that has it and Shulas is by far the best and most consistent.

No, we are not on the dining plan. We had Schulas a couple years ago, and honestly, I’d still prefer Narcoossees! Thanks for your input!

Thanks everyone for your advice! I have Yachtsman booked and would really like opinions on it in particular. Do you like it? Would you recommend over the others? Thanks again!

We ate at Yachtsman last year for the first time and was really looking forward to it because DH and I both really like a good steak. We were VERY disappointed in the steaks. We both got the filet and mine was so overcooked that I sent it back and the new one really wasn't any better. I've read tons of reviews of it and it seems like we just hit on a bad night, but for now, we aren't planning to go back anytime soon.

I haven't had the filet at the Yachtsman. I've had the prime rib and it was very good. My wife had the filet, but she always gets it will done (a waste of meat IMO) it was good for a well done filet.

I have been to Yachtsman several times and have yet to have a less than very good experience. The service has been very good and in my opinion completely blows away Le Cellier with the atmosphere, service, and their steaks. I'll admit though, I have been a long time basher of Le Cellier.

I have been to Yachtsman several times and have yet to have a less than very good experience. The service has been very good and in my opinion completely blows away Le Cellier with the atmosphere, service, and their steaks. I'll admit though, I have been a long time basher of Le Cellier.

At least you’re honest! LOL Thanks for your review, I’m happy to hear that! Our friend swears by Yachtsman, and that’s why I cancelled my Le Cellier- but like I mentioned, I’m starting to panic lol

Having given LeCellier 3 shots I’m shocked anyone else would be as stupid as me to keep returning

I’ve only done Yatchsman once but it was very nice. The filet was 100x better than that sad piece of meat at LeCellier
My top 2 are Jiko and Boathouse. (Boathouse serves Gibson’s of Chicago steak. Outstanding!!!!!)!

We ate at Le Cellier on our last trip and the filet was very good, but felt it was better at both Flying Fish (best meal of the trip) and the Kobe steak at HBD.

I LOVE Yachtman's Steakhouse. Hands down best steak I've ever had. Filet is tender but I literally could cut mine with the side of my fork. The rolls are the topper though. I should have just had more of those rather than dessert. I can't wait to go back in two weeks.

We’ve been to all 3 of the restaurants you’re considering and my vote would be for Yachtsman. I did love the filet at both Narcoossee’s and Le Cellier, but my husband and I have shared the porterhouse at Yachtsman on several occasions and it is just amazing. I eat the filet side and he gets the NY strip, best of both worlds. Their potatoes au gratin and sautéed mushrooms are also delicious (though maybe not quite as good as Le Cellier’s mushroom risotto...drool...).

Second best steak I’ve had on property would be the filet at Jiko, which is our favorite restaurant in all of Disney.

We’ve been to all 3 of the restaurants you’re considering and my vote would be for Yachtsman. I did love the filet at both Narcoossee’s and Le Cellier, but my husband and I have shared the porterhouse at Yachtsman on several occasions and it is just amazing. I eat the filet side and he gets the NY strip, best of both worlds. Their potatoes au gratin and sautéed mushrooms are also delicious (though maybe not quite as good as Le Cellier’s mushroom risotto...drool...).

Second best steak I’ve had on property would be the filet at Jiko, which is our favorite restaurant in all of Disney.

Thank you all, definitely making me feel better!

Just be sure you all order the filet, I suppose. We were there last week, four of us. Duck was OK, chicken cordon bleu was awful, two of us had that, so sorry we did. DH had the filet, which was good, but not great.

Three of us felt the onion soup was weak.

It was our most disappointing meal at WDW in a very long time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter