Which Steak Restaurant? Opinions, please.

Had a great Steak and Dinner experience at STK 2 weeks ago. Samuel the waiter is the best I've ever had in Florida and I've been coming for 23 years.

I wasn't impressed with STK restaurant having to use the torch on my phone to be able to read the menu was irritating, the noise level was way too loud. Food was ok but not that great and the waiter charged my card instead of using dining credits as I asked him to do.

Narcoossee’s. I always say very good. Consistant. Yachtsman’s. Never a bad meal in 15 plus years.

Jiko. Really good steaks. I had elk last trip. Awesome. Maybe even better than wild game elk.

Shula. Didn’t do it for me. If u need to stand over me with a flashlight to ask how my steak is cause it’s so darn dark I don’t want to be there.

How about non traditional steak. Had steak at morimoto last trip. Holy cow! Prob best meal I have had past few trips.

I wasn't impressed with STK restaurant having to use the torch on my phone to be able to read the menu was irritating, the noise level was way too loud. Food was ok but not that great and the waiter charged my card instead of using dining credits as I asked him to do.

Sorry to hear, but funny because I had the complete opposite experience. Food was fantastic and our table were the loud ones. No trouble seeing the menu because i never even looked at it, but i never do and just order whatever i feel at the time. Sam gave us an AP discount as well as a Tables in Wonderland discount which we didn't even have. Bill was about 400$ for 4 people after the discounts and well worth it.

Absolutely loved Shula's Steakhouse. Have been there on two separate occasions and both were an excellent experience. The service here is top notch, steaks were cooked to perfection and well seasoned, and the sides are gigantic and meant for sharing so you can get multiple sides to enjoy. I do recommend the porterhouse and the garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus for sides. For desserts the chocolate souffle is also a must have!

Here is the thing Shula's is a real steak house and only serves a good piece of meat and is cooked the way you want but should be rare only IMO. If you want a strip steak or a porter house or the like you should go here... A filet not to be offensive is a dietary cut of meat and while tender has very little flavor and will only be as good as what is served on top of it.... not what you order at a steak house as above they cook the meat as is with some basic seasoning.

Have an ADR at Narcoosees, have been several times, but not in the past couple of years. Have never been to the Boathouse, so thinking of changing it to that. I'm a steak lover, DS, would probably go with fish, maybe the steak and lobster at the Boathouse. MDE doesn't show availability, but Open Table does(we're on DDP, but I don't think that should matter). Guess the question is, if I make the reservation through Open Table, it won't show up in MDE, correct?
Not that is really an issue, but just wondering?:confused: THANKS for any help!:disrocks:
It will not show up in MDE unless you write a note in MDE. I've several reservations I've booked via OpenTable, written a note, and it shows up just fine in my schedule:).

We ate at Yachtsman for the first time this past July. None of us ordered the filet. DGD and I shared the Porterhouse for 2. We asked for it to be cooked medium rare and that's how it was presented to the table. First time the grand had steak not cooked to shoe leather (AKA well done) and I was very proud of her, LOL. The man had the prime rib, and grand nephew went wayyy off the deep end and ordered meatballs and pasta, LOL. I ordered a side of asparagus and then fought everyone at table off with a knife - order yer demndable own! (I'm veddy territorial about "green spears"):D.
2 shrimp cocktails were "inhaled" by DGD and grand nephew, and the man and I had a Waldorf and Caesar salad as starters.

I'm not a big bread eater so can't speak to that personally but the rest of my party ordered a second basket. The desserts were the normal overly sugared lacking in any other flavour offerings no matter how nice they sound or look. I know the Admiral's choc cake was served but don't recall anything else. Flying Fish has the best desserts in my opinion and their pastry chef should give lessons to other signatures...maybe they also bake for CG?

The New England theme is so much on the money I really didn't notice it much beyond the boat like ceiling trusses and roof level windows; BTDT at many places throughout New England.

Still haven't eaten dinner at Narcoossee's (they used to have a butt kicking brunch though) and and not all that interested in Le Cellier's menu but haven't been there either.

The best steak at WDW is at Shula's.
We've eaten at Shula's in other locales in FL and there was nothing that memorable there beyond the sports memorobilia which actually bored me to tears but enthralls the man. We can still get gueridon steak service at several venues in NYC and the Shula's that opened in Times Sq failed and closed within 18 odd months. That being said some other man told my man Shula's was at Disney and he's all hyped to go there during our December adults' only trip; wants to sit at the bar where the full menu is also served so he can watch sports. Oh goody and will be sure my Kindle is fully charged;).

Last edited:
Ok so I'm back and was at Yachtsman on Monday night...and so was Kenny G!

I had a 7:30 ADR and wasn't seated until 8:10, which was a bit frustrating. For a single guest, waiting 40 minutes after having been told 10-15 is something I've never encountered, and I can only hope they were short staffed or something.

For dinner, I ordered the filet, along with the mashed potatoes that are listed with it, but also ended up getting the beef fat potatoes because quite frankly, potato. For the steak I ordered medium rare, and that's exactly what I got. However, for that particularly piece of meat as it was rather thick, it probably needed a little longer. I recently read an article that suggested ordering it "however the chef would want it served", and I think that might have served me well in this situation. The outer rim was perfect, just that center was a bit too rare for what I'd normally want. The mashed potatoes were fantastic as usual. The steak is served with a cabernet sauce, and I know I liked it last time but this time I wasn't a fan. Luckily I had opted for it on the side. The shining star of that meal ended up being those glorious beef fat potatoes. They weren't what I had pictured and I'm glad of that. These little beauties are cut up fingerling potatoes, which have been fried in a skillet with beef fat, bacon and onions. Apparently there's creme fraiche on them as well but honestly I didn't notice it at all. Crispy, hot, crunchy and so flavorful. Quite literally everything I could ever want in a potato.

For dessert, I had the Admiral's sundae. This thing is huge. Delicious, salty and sweet, but huge. It could be easily split between at least 2 people.

Was it as good as my first time? No, but it was a no fault issue for me. The steak was done as I asked, and it just happened that due to the size I should have asked for medium. I could have sent it back too, but I was a third of the way through. It was still a lovely meal and I would absolutely go again.

Ok so I'm back and was at Yachtsman on Monday night...and so was Kenny G!

I had a 7:30 ADR and wasn't seated until 8:10, which was a bit frustrating. For a single guest, waiting 40 minutes after having been told 10-15 is something I've never encountered, and I can only hope they were short staffed or something.

For dinner, I ordered the filet, along with the mashed potatoes that are listed with it, but also ended up getting the beef fat potatoes because quite frankly, potato. For the steak I ordered medium rare, and that's exactly what I got. However, for that particularly piece of meat as it was rather thick, it probably needed a little longer. I recently read an article that suggested ordering it "however the chef would want it served", and I think that might have served me well in this situation. The outer rim was perfect, just that center was a bit too rare for what I'd normally want. The mashed potatoes were fantastic as usual. The steak is served with a cabernet sauce, and I know I liked it last time but this time I wasn't a fan. Luckily I had opted for it on the side. The shining star of that meal ended up being those glorious beef fat potatoes. They weren't what I had pictured and I'm glad of that. These little beauties are cut up fingerling potatoes, which have been fried in a skillet with beef fat, bacon and onions. Apparently there's creme fraiche on them as well but honestly I didn't notice it at all. Crispy, hot, crunchy and so flavorful. Quite literally everything I could ever want in a potato.

For dessert, I had the Admiral's sundae. This thing is huge. Delicious, salty and sweet, but huge. It could be easily split between at least 2 people.

Was it as good as my first time? No, but it was a no fault issue for me. The steak was done as I asked, and it just happened that due to the size I should have asked for medium. I could have sent it back too, but I was a third of the way through. It was still a lovely meal and I would absolutely go again.

Thank you for your great review!!! I’m sorry it wasn’t perfect. I completely agree- you cannot go wrong with potatoes!!!!!! Hope you had a great trip!!!

This year we booked Yachtsman, but I’m staring to doubt my decision. We’d be ordering filet so it’s most important in the decision. I’ve never been, so I’d love to hear your opinions on how it compares with Narcoossees and Le Cellier.
Definitely a good choice! Their filet is at least as good as Narcoossee and way better than Le Cellier. Also, the pull apart onion rolls at YSH are really, really good!

However, as a local we have found the absolute best filet is at Bull & Bear which is at the Waldorf Astoria (Bonnet Creek).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter