Which would you skip?

Which reservations would you skip/drop?

• Total voters
I haven’t been to Boma but it’s on our list for next time. Jiko is one of our favorite restaurants anywhere.

Having said that I don’t really love most of these options. I agree that CRT is overrated, especially without princesses. It’s great for the under 7 set, but beyond that, meh.

Prime Time seems like a disaster based on how you like to eat.

Teppan Edo just isn’t that good, nor is it unique.

I love WL so I would vote for Storybook and Boma for the locales. However given your dining preferences I wonder if you might not be happier skipping most (all?) of the dinners and using that money for a special experience with the family instead. Especially if the entire family can be persuaded to make different choices, you probably wouldn’t be that far off from a VIP tour, which would be far more memorable and worthwhile.
Lol. I agree that prime time isn’t my normal schtick, but worse case I don’t mind just having a drink and grabbing something on the go later.

I also am not in love with most of the options, so was curious how people would err if it were their choice. Ultimately I’m going to try and balance out family time with expense. Hopefully will find a balance in there somewhere.

Thank you for the input!! I’m loving hearing everyone’s thoughts and opinions! It’s been very helpful

Keep Boma. You mentioned a couple of times that the menu is appealing to you and it is an overall well received buffet. Out of all the buffet/character meals that would be the one to keep. I’d opt out of artists point and CRT-but keep own to stay somewhat with the group and it is most in line with your preferences.

Keep Hoop. It will be an experience and memory to share with the whole group. They also have plant based offerings, if you don’t want as much friend food.

Trails end is an easy skip.

Prime time can be fun and it would be easy to go for just the famous pb and j shake, if that’s something you would enjoy. Good way to be with the group without breaking the bank.

Teppan is good, but also an easy skip if you have easy access at home and if you feel you’ve had enough dinners with the crew.

So keep hoop, prime and boma and then bow out of the others.

Has the family considered different character dining like Hollywood and Vine (where you get Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy in their Halloween costumes ) or Garden Grill (Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale)? At least you are getting more character interaction than CRT.

My son was at 50's Primetime and wasn't happy that they dont have the Chicken Pot pie on the menu anymore...seems they changed a few things

Keep Boma. You mentioned a couple of times that the menu is appealing to you and it is an overall well received buffet. Out of all the buffet/character meals that would be the one to keep. I’d opt out of artists point and CRT-but keep own to stay somewhat with the group and it is most in line with your preferences.

Keep Hoop. It will be an experience and memory to share with the whole group. They also have plant based offerings, if you don’t want as much friend food.

Trails end is an easy skip.

Prime time can be fun and it would be easy to go for just the famous pb and j shake, if that’s something you would enjoy. Good way to be with the group without breaking the bank.

Teppan is good, but also an easy skip if you have easy access at home and if you feel you’ve had enough dinners with the crew.

So keep hoop, prime and boma and then bow out of the others.
I think this is what I’m settling on! Thank you for putting it so succinctly!

I am not in love with full expensive Disney meals because as others have said, often they are subpar versions of better food you can get at home. So, I do prioritize theming over the menu and try to find places that people have vouched for the quality of the food. I do have a daughter who dines with me.

That said, I disagree with those who said to skip Storybook Dining. It’s expensive, yes-but the portions are more like a grazing menu and fairly light (compared to Mickey waffles and chicken tenders). The restaurant is nice in a terrific hotel and there is high character interactivity. Even though you’re grown, I bet you’d enjoy seeing the “show” of Snow White and the Dwarves frolicking and the great job the Evil Queen does greeting guests by the door. It’s really destination dining.

I haven’t been to HDDR since I was very young, but I don’t remember us going for the food. So I’ll thrown in my vote to keep that for all the reasons others have stated.

I really don’t think there’s much reason for a table service reservation in Epcot, generally, unless you need a place to rest/stay dry, are trying Space 220, or you have a child who says they NEED to experience something (my daughter and Coral Reef this time…). When there’s a festival going on there is SO MUCH FOOD everywhere, you’ll make yourself sick. Definitely agree to nix Japan.

It sounds like you might be a candidate for a Oga’s reservation while your family is at Prime Time?

I have a trip planned for September with extended family, and a family member has taken care of all the dining reservations, which is wonderful and makes my life easy! I have the option to opt out of a meal or two, which i am leaning towards for 2 reasons - reduce my overall food spending, and because i prefer to graze and snack throughout the day rather than eating a large meal in the evening. I worry that some of the buffet, family style, and prix fixe restaurants won't be worth the cost for me (personally). If there were options to order a smaller item and still tag along, i might be more inclined to keep myself on the reservation and only order an appetizer.

If i opt out of any of these, ill take some alone time to wander the parks, grab a quick-service meal or packed snacks, or relax.

If you were to pass on any of the following, which would you skip? All are dinner reservations. (purple = drop?, and blue = keep?) Would love to hear your thoughts/feedback, or recommendations!

1) Cinderella's Royal Table (Prix Fixe - $62)
2) Story Book Dining at Artist's Point (Prix Fixe - $60)
3) Boma (Buffet - $49)

4) Hoop-dee-doo Revue (Family Style - $69 for Category 2 seating)
5) 50's Prime Time (Regular menu - pricing variable)
6) Teppan Edo (Regular menu - pricing variable)
7) Trail's End Restaurant (Family Style - $29)

I am leaning towards dropping either Cinderella or Storybook dining (possibly both?), and Boma. I know the atmosphere is supposed to be great at all, and the food appeals to me at Boma. Boma will be after our Animal Kingdom day, however, and there are loads of quick service options that i'm already drooling over there.

Ps. At home i tend to eat a fairly diverse, veggie-based diet. I do eat meat, but usually sparingly. Heavy, sauce-based meals tend to make me feel sluggish and a bit gross. I'm anticipating larger/heavier meals than i am used to, and will plan accordingly (aka. packing pepto and metamucil)
I have only been to Boma out of all the ones on your list, but I would definitely keep it. It's one of the most amazing meals on property imo.

The menu looks wonderful at Boma. I am certainly on the fence about it. Any thoughts on some of the others?
Trails End and Hoop Dee Doo really eat up time to get to them. Hoop De doo is an experience so worth it but special trip for trails end would not be worth it to me. Resort dining if not your resort is always a little complicated and takes a lot more time.

Trails End and Hoop Dee Doo really eat up time to get to them. Hoop De doo is an experience so worth it but special trip for trails end would not be worth it to me. Resort dining if not your resort is always a little complicated and takes a lot more time.
I should have added this in the original post, but we will be camping at Fort Wilderness so Trails end is pretty close for us. A few folks have mentioned how tricky it is to get to.

I don't think you have any bad options out of what is listed. I voted CRT because of cost.

• Cinderella's Royal Table - Dinner
  • Storybook Dining at Artist's Point - Dinner
Between these two, I'd opt to keep Cinderella's and drop Artist's Point. I haven't been to the latter since they converted to the Snow White character dining deal, but the menu didn't look all that interesting to me.
  • Boma - Dinner
Yes, this is a huge buffet, but it's also one of my favorite restaurants in all of WDW. A lot of diverse options to choose from.
  • Hoop-dee-doo Revue - Dinner
This one is more about the show. I believe the food is western-type barbecue, so from that perspective, maybe not what you are hoping for.
  • 50's Prime Time - Dinner
This one being in the Studios park is more of a convenience if you happen to be there.
  • Teppan Edo - Dinner
Basically Benihana. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but there are so many more interesting places to eat in EPCOT, if you asked me. Maybe consider Nine Dragons instead. I would have also suggested Marakesh, but I thin it's still closed.
  • Trail's End Restaurant - Dinner
If you do Hoop-dee-doo, this one is pretty superfluous. It's also pretty out of the way unless you happen to be in Fort Wilderness. The only times I've eaten there were because I was staying in the campground. It's good, but not worth the extra effort to get there otherwise. -- (edit) I just saw the reply above that you are staying there. In that case, it's not a bad place. More 'comfort food' type fare than other options throughout.

Hope that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter