Whiney letter that I'm sending to WDW about access...

I suppose you could also say that your chair cannot be tied down for *make up a reason* so you have to transfer... if you give them a reason why taking the chair would be unsafe, that may do the trick.
Only the front section of the Safari tram is wheelchair accessible. All the people in the other rows have gotten out of wheelchairs or ECVs and transferred to the ride tram. So, it's one row of wheelchairs and

One reason they may be telling people with ECVs and wheelchairs that they need to use the 'accessible tram' is that the wheelchairs and ECVs are parked right there and you board and exit at the same place. If you board at the regular boarding site, the walk from the stroller parking area to the boarding area is not that long. But, people who boarded at the 'regular' boarding area get off at a different stop, before the tram gets back to the boaring area. My guess for why they 'make' you use the accessible boarding area is the distance between the regular unload area and the stroller parking area. It would be quite a long walk. So, I think they are taking the possible complaints from people for having to wait extra over the inevitable complaints they would get if people had to walk.

That doesn't excuse the extra wait, maybe just explains it. I should also mention that our 'personal record' long wait was at the Safari. We waited over 40 minutes after we reached the accessible boarding areal This was after waiting in the regular line until that point. We could also watch the 'regular' tram get loaded as fast as people could possibly walk in and some of the 'regular' trams were actually going out with some empty seats beause people were not walking fast enough.

call me selfish, but i dont want to wait extra for an accessible seat/spot when i can transfer! also, i NEED to get up and walk and move sometimes, or my joints will settle and sublux, so i see transferring and walking a bit as a good thing! well, we will see how this trip goes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter