Whining, Dining, and MNSSHP...with In-Laws! Oct 2015 (Day 3 Complete!)

That would make me really angry, about the TSMM. We plan and we plan to make everything perfect for others, then they gotta go mess it up :rotfl2:

I'm still very very excited to see what the Halloween costumes are! Think I forgot to mention that last time.

That is nice that at least your dads like each other enough to go back and have their naps together, haha. I just think there are too many horror stories out there about parents not liking each other.

You guys managed a lot of food, geez. I also notice that Cory's score on TSMM went up when you were playing with him. I think my boyfriend and I are the same way. I usually beat him in Buzz Lightyear, but he wins in TSMM and I just have to play supporting cast.

What a great CM a TSMM! Disney CMs make some serious magic. I always forget to check name tags too - I need to do that more and actually call Guest Relations after.

I'm sorry Cory's mom was not a fan of the Tower of Terror! I know it is a love/hate thing for everyone!

All the treats from F&W sound yummy!

Following along! Food and Wine looks divine. It is definitely on the must do list sometime for us. And I love, love beach club and their villas. It is where my family stayed on vacations growing up.

Hi! I'm so happy you came over from my last report! That resort and the villas are so beautiful. I'm so thankful we got to stay there.

I have to commend you on taking both sets of parents. I love my folks and my in laws, but having so many people with differing opinions/ways of doing things does sound like it could get stressful. Good for you for taking deep breathes and having so much patience!

Ha, thank you. It was definitely very stressful, and as the trip went on, my breaths were not as deep and my patience began to wane, starting by Day Three especially, but I tried! lol

That would make me really angry, about the TSMM. We plan and we plan to make everything perfect for others, then they gotta go mess it up :rotfl2:

Right? It was so frustrating. They didn't seem to realize why the plans were just so and needed to be met. Maybe because I didn't want us all to wait in a line over 30 mins, but they just didn't understand lol

I'm still very very excited to see what the Halloween costumes are! Think I forgot to mention that last time.

They are coming up on Day Three, so very soon! :)

That is nice that at least your dads like each other enough to go back and have their naps together, haha. I just think there are too many horror stories out there about parents not liking each other.

Our dads are, weirdly, very much the same person lol So they get along rather well. We've been together for 12 years and they used to have to drive us back and forth to each others houses, before we had our licenses, so they got to know each other pretty well. Honestly, the trip went a lot smoother than I thought, in terms of everyone getting along at least ;)

You guys managed a lot of food, geez. I also notice that Cory's score on TSMM went up when you were playing with him. I think my boyfriend and I are the same way. I usually beat him in Buzz Lightyear, but he wins in TSMM and I just have to play supporting cast.

We ate until near explosion every time we went to the festival. We ended up eating at least one thing from almost every booth I believe. We've learned how to work together on TSMM to attain higher scores, so we are a much better team than we are solo. In my last report, with teamwork, Cory got the bear, so we know what works. But without each other, lol it doesn't happen very well. I do the same in TSMM, I know my score won't be as high, so I like to help him get as high a score as he can.

What a great CM a TSMM! Disney CMs make some serious magic. I always forget to check name tags too - I need to do that more and actually call Guest Relations after.

You know, I see people that make little cards to hand out to the CMs and bring to guest relations. I think that's a great idea to at least be a reminder to do it.

I'm sorry Cory's mom was not a fan of the Tower of Terror! I know it is a love/hate thing for everyone!

She was pretty shaken up for the next hour or so lol Not a fan at all. But she was a trooper and went on everything at least once.

All the treats from F&W sound yummy!

The food was SO amazing. I really wish they had all of that all year round. It's just so fun to experience things you wouldn't get to usually.

Day Two: Part Six

From the Chase center, we decided to walk into Morocco. We were all tired, but instead of going back to the hotel, we decided to just shop around. The ladies spent a good amount of time shopping while Cory sat on a bench.

Then we decided to sit in the Tangerine Café and I got my favorite, tangerine couscous. I’m pretty sure you will see this in all my past reports lol I really love this so much, we even requested and had it at our wedding reception.

Why the heck would you want to go back in sit in a room when you could sit with this little view? My heart is in Morocco.

After about an hour of just sitting and talking with our moms, it was time for dinner, so we headed over to France to meet our dads at Les Chefs de France.

We waited outside for 15 minutes before it was our turn to sit.

They have one of my favorite drinks here, the St. Germaine cocktail and it’s super yummy. Here’s a pretty terrible picture of it. On the left is the vessel they serve it in, and on the right is the glass to pour it into.

Dinner was very good. I was super adult and got the mac and cheese which, is really actually delicious with more adult cheeses. Lol This isn’t kraft! We had a hilarious waiter who kept saying what words he couldn’t say in English, like box and squirrel. He had us cracking up and worked hard for his tip.

It was dark when we got done with dinner and almost time for Illuminations. We grabbed a photopass pic by the fountains.

The dads wanted to go back to the room, but the moms, Cory, and I decided to stay for the fireworks and we stopped on the bridge between France and the UK.

We haven’t stayed for them in years and after watching, I’m sorry to say, we remembered why. We are just not fans. Especially after Wishes, I just don’t find Illuminations very impressive. Also I thought I remembered the globe opening and like shooting fire out of it, but I may be making that up.

We were very tired at this point, having no break and so we crawled to the exit and back to the Beach Club, which was just a few minutes away.

Okay...I made it. I hope I am not to late for the ride. I decided I am going to post comments for each day until I am caught up. Okay... deep breath here we go. DAY ONE:
Our trip was from Oct 18-23 and we rented points to stay in a two-bedroom villa at Disney’s Beach Club resort. Man, I love walking right into Epcot, especially during food and wine.
THIS IS SUCH A GOOD IDEA! My wife and I are going to DLR this year and we rented points at the Grand Californian. We are saving money plus it's on their monorail line. I wish we had done this at wdw last trip. Smart move! Did you like the accommodations?
. I get it, safety and all, but come on, I need Disney!
I know how feel. Get the plane in the air already! I get way to excited the day of. I am in my seat about to burst.
And devoring our pretzels. I don’t know how I found the time between snarfing it down to take a pic, but I suffer for you guys…
WE appreciate it so darn much. Those pretzels are a bite out of heaven every time. It's a must.
My Mom has been on this before and she does not love rides. We convinced her to go on though, and she was a good sport. We were terrible people and made excuses and directed her to the seat right next to the dino. Whoops. Also this is why I love Photopass. Also LOL at Cory who is just pointing at her. My mom is the best. And Cory’s mom who is looking in the complete opposite direction.
okay that made me laugh out loud. I hope you got more. Your mother in law was so funny too. Classic fun!
Please, please go here and eat this. You will forever rejoice. Again, I don’t know how I took this picture while I was also stuffing my face.
it's officially on my wdw list of things to do now. It does look amazing and I love AKL.
Okay, all done for day one comments. Now to read day two!

Hi! I absolutely loved your wedding TR. Your stay at Beach Club sounds so awesome. We also rented DVC points this year and it was a great way to stay deluxe.

I would've gotten irritated with the TSMM thing too. I'm a huge planner so when something derails I get very anxious and antsy!

Mental note to get one of those jalapeno pretzels ;) We tried the sweet cream cheese one at HS last time and it was good too.

That Sanaa bread service.. ahhhh mazing! I hope you got two orders to split between everyone because it is just too good.

I agree, we are HUGE fans of Wishes so Illuminations generally just doesn't do it for me. I think on 2 Epcot evening we had last trip, we bailed before them both times lol.

Great review so far. It is SO nice that you have parents that will vacation with you guys! How fun.

Okay, all caught up. Day two comments. Let the good times roll!!
My parents were still not back. Cory was annoyed we wouldn’t get on and as we were moping, because we are adults, that lovely Star Wars fan of a CM came over and asked if we were all together now. We said we were still missing two. He said to just come over and he would let us through the FP line. I could have hugged this guy. True Disney magic. I profusely thanked him and we got in line.
That is so awesome. With all the stories you hear about bad CMs it is nice to hear about good ones. Bless his CM heart. That is one reason why Disney is so awesome.
. I decided it only meant while I was waiting for Mike and Sully and didn’t apply to the whole week. Cory would probably disagree.
LOL! That is just funny.
I went into the bar for a favorite drink of mine, a Pimm’s Cup. Yum, yum. And got all fancy with my pinky out.
It's food and wine, girl. You've always got to be pinky proper!!
Next we were ready to show our moms one of our favorite parts of our trip two years ago to Food and Wine, the Chase relaxation place in America. This place is so fantastic to take a break. There’s free soda and water and you can charge your phone. We took a bit of a break here which was much needed. All of our feet were feeling tired.
Where exactly is this located in America? We could have used this the last time we were there.

I'm here following along! I love F&W trip reports AND the Beach Club ...can't wait to see how your trip was!!

Okay...I made it. I hope I am not to late for the ride.
Hey, disneyguy4life! You're not too late at all. Happy to see you've found my new report :)

THIS IS SUCH A GOOD IDEA! My wife and I are going to DLR this year and we rented points at the Grand Californian. We are saving money plus it's on their monorail line. I wish we had done this at wdw last trip. Smart move! Did you like the accommodations?
It's such a HUGE savings of money, especially having 6 adults who would otherwise need 3 separate rooms. We loved the Beach Clubs and though Cory and I had the pull-out in the living area, I'd do it again for the deluxe resort at the reduced cost.

Hi! I absolutely loved your wedding TR. Your stay at Beach Club sounds so awesome. We also rented DVC points this year and it was a great way to stay deluxe.
Hi Vernie822 and thank you! Glad you enjoyed it :) We'd absolutely consider renting again next time. Loved the discount.

I would've gotten irritated with the TSMM thing too. I'm a huge planner so when something derails I get very anxious and antsy!
lol Glad it wasn't just me! People don't realize how much planning it takes to see everything in Disney.

That Sanaa bread service.. ahhhh mazing! I hope you got two orders to split between everyone because it is just too good.
We didn't get two orders, BUT the waitress hooked us up with a bunch of refills and more bread which was awesome.

I agree, we are HUGE fans of Wishes so Illuminations generally just doesn't do it for me. I think on 2 Epcot evening we had last trip, we bailed before them both times lol.
Again, glad I'm not the only one! We usually just try to leave before them, but figured we'd stay. It really needs an update.

Great review so far. It is SO nice that you have parents that will vacation with you guys! How fun.
Thank you, and I'm glad you're tagging along!

That is so awesome. With all the stories you hear about bad CMs it is nice to hear about good ones. Bless his CM heart. That is one reason why Disney is so awesome.
Definitely one of the many reasons to come back time and time again.

It's food and wine, girl. You've always got to be pinky proper!!
LOL Glad you agree!

Where exactly is this located in America? We could have used this the last time we were there.
As far as I know, it's usually used for events, so it's only accessible to Chase chard members during Food and Wine Festival. If you are looking at the building of American Adventure, it is to the right of the entrance doors.

Also your little avatar of your son is SO cute. I can't get over him!

I'm here following along! I love F&W trip reports AND the Beach Club ...can't wait to see how your trip was!!
Hello Bebella! Thank you for joining in!

Also your little avatar of your son is SO cute. I can't get over him!
He is such a lovable kid. His mother and I are very lucky to have him. Needless to say all the local Disney Store employees know us by name from all the time we were in there buying baby clothes. Its a little said LOL. Still he is a well dressed Disney baby!! He won't like it when we pull these pics out as a teenager.

Looking forward to following along! We are headed to the F&W Festival and MNSSHP October 2016! Starting to figure out ADRs and itinerary.

I'm loving all of the World Showcase details. It's one of the places I wish I could explore more but the boys just really aren't into it. So I'm planning on spending buckets of time there on my solo trip!

Morocco seems like such an overlooked pavilion! Glad you had some time to relax there!

I'm with you on Illuminations. We sat and watched our first trip and now we're on a "watch as we walk" deal.

He is such a lovable kid. His mother and I are very lucky to have him. Needless to say all the local Disney Store employees know us by name from all the time we were in there buying baby clothes. Its a little said LOL. Still he is a well dressed Disney baby!! He won't like it when we pull these pics out as a teenager.

Oh gosh I'm in there all the time always almost-buying toys or dolls for children so I hear you. He is so snazzy! I'm sure he'll be impressed by all the effort you put into his adorable outfits ;)

Looking forward to following along! We are headed to the F&W Festival and MNSSHP October 2016! Starting to figure out ADRs and itinerary.

Hello lauralynn0612! Thanks for joining. I'm so jealous you're going! lol I would say that while it is nice to sit down at the end of the night, Cory and I could have done without reservations for our Epcot days. There's just so much and you'll want seconds and thirds of your favorites.

Enjoying your TR so much! I am also planning a F&W and MNSSHP visit in Fall 2016!

Maria :upsidedow

Hi Worfiedoodles and welcome! Oh, man. I'm jealous of you too! It was such a fantastic time to be there and you'll love it!

I'm loving all of the World Showcase details. It's one of the places I wish I could explore more but the boys just really aren't into it. So I'm planning on spending buckets of time there on my solo trip!

Morocco seems like such an overlooked pavilion! Glad you had some time to relax there!

I'm with you on Illuminations. We sat and watched our first trip and now we're on a "watch as we walk" deal.

Thank you! I love the amount of time and effort they put into each country, but Morocco is my favorite. There's just so much to see and do there. If it fit more people I may have pushed to have our ceremony there...lol Yeah, I think Epcot is due for some new fireworks. Even the kind of seasonal, Frozen, Star Wars, at Hollywood Studios look so much better than a nightly display at Epcot.

Hi everyone and thank you again for following along! I love reliving my trip with you guys! :love:

Day Three: Part One

We woke up for rope drop at Magic Kingdom today, and the dads let us know they weren’t going. Okie doke, see ya later! But not before I show you the view from our room. Ohh, exciting…

The four of us got to Magic Kingdom just about five minutes before the welcome show. We watched that and headed in with the crowds. I love the fall decorations. So pretty.

Our first stop was our FP at Space Mountain, which my mom chose to sit out.

Next, we went over to check out where Jack and Sally would be meeting that night for the Halloween Party. I had a whole plan and I wanted to make sure I was prepared. We then found an empty splash area, this is so cute btw. Seriously, there is a monkey in a tutu.

Cory and his mom decided they wanted to see who could stay the driest. They started from the stairs, upper left.

Cory went first.

Then his mom went.

Neither of them got too wet, so a winner was undetermined.

Wearing my Alice dress, I really wanted to meet her and the Mad Hatter, so we went over to line up for their first meeting. Once they came out, we were second in line, but they took the first little girl on the ride with them, so it was a bit of a wait to meet them. We took a nice picture…

And then a silly one.

They were very cute and funny.

Next, it was on to a favorite of Cory’s, the teacups!

Day Three: Part Two

Both Moms were willing to go on the teacups because, how crazy could they be? Well, they hadn't been on with Cory. He loves the teacups, specifically, spinning them as fast as he possibly can and trying to make me sick. I was told I wasn't allowed to warn them. So here we are, looking happy, nothing bad is going to happen...

And then he started spinning.

Cory's super serious about his spinning and I'm super unhappy. I'd love to see us from the sidelines because people were blatantly staring at our cup lol We were the fastest spinners for sure.

And he is very happy with the torture he put us through lol

Next was a ride request from Cory's mom, It's a Small World.

On our way over to our FP at Big Thunder Mountain we saw cowboy Chip and Dale meeting. I've never met them in their adorable cowboy hats so we stopped and waited about 10 minutes.

Day Three: Part Three

After our meet with the chipmunks, we headed to our FP at Big Thunder Mountain. My mom wanted to sit out so it was just the three of us. It was the wildest ride in the wildest, just as advertised, and Cory got some pics.

(The older woman behind Cory kills me.)

We grabbed my mom and headed over to The Mine Train for our third FP. My mom was initially scared, but I explained that it was a rollercoaster made for children. She'd be fine. Well, not so much. lol My mom was not thrilled.

She's scared, but still smiling! lol I made her open her eyes in the mine and she really enjoyed that, but didn't like the rest of it.

Poor mom, look at her face.

At this point it was time to head on over to Epcot to grab some lunch from the booths before we had to get back to the hotel to get ready for the Halloween party. We stopped for a quick pic of Main Street.

Now I forgot to mention that we were given two extra FP to use because of the mess that we had to deal with switching rooms. As we were walking out, I saw the sign for Tinkerbell and knew that Terry would love to meet her, she's her favorite Disney character. So I grabbed the moms and Cory sat in a chair to wait, and we went into the FP line for Tink.

Cory's mom was super psyched to see her and says it was one of her favorite moments of the trip. I think it's clear in Cory's mom's smile. Tink was super cute as always and it was a great little surprise.

We exited MK and hopped on the monorail to head over to Epcot. We were stuffing our faces once again.

Last edited:
Day Three: Part Four

We had little wait for the monorail and soon we were seeing this:

And then we were walking into the park on our way toward the food.

We made our way to the Next Eats section as there were a few things I was seriously looking forward to.

We split up between the lines for the Chew booths because we were all starving. We needed this food asap.

We ended up with The Chew Lab (top to bottom): Olive Oil-Poached Salmon with Fresh Corn, Bacon, and Pepper Jam, New York Strip with Parsnip Silk, Balsamic Glaze and Arugula Foam, and Liquid Nitro Chocolate Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey Caramel. I didn't try the salmon, but the strip was SO tasty. I love balsamic glaze so I could have eaten like three of these. The truffle was probably my favorite dessert from the booths.

The next booth was Sustainable Chew: Vanilla panna cotta with fresh figs and pistachio brittle and Ricotta & zucchini ravioli with tomato sauce. Yummy ravioli and Cory loved the panna cotta.

We then walked through Canda and to the Ireland booth for the Lobster and seafood fisherman’s pie. I didn't have any of this, but it was a 'meh' from the group.

And from Ireland for me, as in I completely hogged it because I'm a cheese hog, Kerrygold cheese selection: Reserve cheddar, Dubliner with Irish Stout and Skellig. Yum.

We wanted to get to one more booth before we had to start heading back to get ready. We met Cory's dad on the bridge to France and stopped at the France booth.

We got all France had to offer: Croissant aux escargots with garlic and parsley, Boeuf bourguignon: Braised short ribs in cabernet with mashed potatoes, Crème brûlée vanille chocolat: Vanilla & chocolate crème brûlée topped with caramelized sugar, and Sparkling Pomegranate Kir. Well, I love the kir, hands down one of my favorite drinks ever, and the creme brulee and short ribs were delicious. Cory really liked the escargots.

We then saw it was nearing 3pm and we had to get back to start getting into our costumes. Within minutes from France we were in front of the Beach Club and in our room.

I am studying all your food choices trying to decide how to plan for next year. I will be solo, and I'm wondering if it will be difficult to manage getting food in the lines? I don't mind standing to eat, and I will plan to be at the festival only M-TH, so hopefully avoiding the worst of the crowds...

In any case, keep the photos and details coming, you definitely had a lot of fun on this trip!

Maria :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter