• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whining, Dining, and MNSSHP...with In-Laws! Oct 2015 (Day 3 Complete!)

EVERY picture of your food makes my mouth water. It is killing me to read your TR. LOL. It looks so good. What country's food would you recommend over the others?

I am studying all your food choices trying to decide how to plan for next year. I will be solo, and I'm wondering if it will be difficult to manage getting food in the lines? I don't mind standing to eat, and I will plan to be at the festival only M-TH, so hopefully avoiding the worst of the crowds...

In any case, keep the photos and details coming, you definitely had a lot of fun on this trip!

Maria :upsidedow

Hi Maria! We scheduled our trip to avoid the weekend and I think it really worked in our favor. Saturdays and even Fridays are rough and a bi unmanageable. We found the middle of the week to be perfect with the lines under 5 mins. I don't think you'll have trouble managing the lines, especially going during the week and not minding standing. Plus then you don't have to share your food with anyone! ;)

I can't wait to see the costumes!

They will be in the next post! I'm excited to see what you all think of them.

EVERY picture of your food makes my mouth water. It is killing me to read your TR. LOL. It looks so good. What country's food would you recommend over the others?

I know, right? I want all of it all over again RIGHT NOW! lol That's hard to pick one country, but I really liked China, the Food and Wine booth which had a cheese tasting thing and cheese souffle, Canada, and Greece.

Day Three: Part Five

Costume time!! Featuring our family as characters from Tangled!! As we chose the theme, we were responsible for making and putting together all the costumes. We made/sewed all the guys costumes, bought my moms online, pulled together Cory’s moms, and a friend made mine.

The plan was to be back in the room getting ready by 2pm. The dads grumbled along getting ready, but even with that, we were out the door on time. I had a very specific plan of getting to our FP with Rapunzel which started at 4 pretty much at 4. The next step was to get over to Jack and Sally’s meet as I heard they were meeting before the party even started. I wanted to get that line done and over with before it started as to not waste precious party time. Could we do it?

We got on the bus on time and were ready to hit up the party!

Attila and Rapunzel

Big Nose thug and a braiding girl

Mother Gothel and Hook Hand

We got to the park at 3:50 and they let us in and gave us our wristbands. I was in such a rush, ushering us back to meet Rapunzel that I don’t have any pics of walking in, whoops. We got a ton of looks though and I was starting to get excited/nervous to meet Rapunzel. We got into the FP line and were waiting to meet her and my stomach was complete butterflies. I had been waiting for this moment, to put on our costumes were worked SO hard on and to see what Rapunzel thought. I wish So, So, badly that I could have recorded the interaction because it was THE BEST character interaction I’ve ever experienced. Ever.

We walked into the room and were the last family in before they closed the door. We stood waiting to meet Cinderella first and when Rapunzel spotted us in line, she legit freaked out. She pointed us out to her Photopass photog and was jumping up and down. The one character attendant couldn’t get enough, saying we won the award for best and most creative costumes and how they never see thugs. So we quickly met Cinderella, no offense, but she was not who we were looking to meet and she was fine.

And then we walked over to Rapunzel and she was bouncing up and down. She couldn’t believe us, she was so excited. First I met her myself and got two of my favorite pictures. Here we were talking about where my frying pan was. I told her I brought along Pascale who was in a very angry mood and we agreed he could fight off any bad guys.

She told me how much she loved my outfit and she had us pose like this and my heart, seriously, swooning. Such an amazing moment.

Rapunzel took my hand and then we got everyone else in and Rapunzel was so excited to talk to the thugs and Mother Gothel.Seriously, look how cute she is holding my hand and laughing? Perfect, she is so perfect. I believe this is the moment she asked my mom what she had in her bag, and since my mom and dad watched the movie right before the trip, my mom said she had hazelnut soup, which Rapunzel loved.

She was so cute and so genuinely excited. When we went to pose she said, Oh, I don’t even know how to pose! Lol

Also, at some point here, Rapunzel noticed my dad’s duck tattoo, a stupid mistake he made when he was in the Marines. She couldn’t get over that lol

As we went to walk away, she gave me one last hug and told me I looked beautiful. Guys. I cannot get across just how amazing this moment was. Best character meet EVER and honestly, a top moment in my life lol I wish I could thank her more for the amazing experience.

Love it when people are background or secondary characters!!! Those costumes were well worth the wait.

I'm very impressed you got the dads to dress up.

Really, if we're being honest, is anyone ever there to see Cinderella?? :)

Sounds like a fantastic story! Some of my best memories have been meeting characters when I've been dressed as them for MNSSHP! I've gotten to meet the Step-Sisters (my friend and I were dressed as them) and they flipped out - they saw us later that night and made us join them at a dance party (I didn't realize until I looked at the pictures later that we ended up with our own character attendants and other CM's forming a ring around us all to keep other folks away!), and Merida (She was -so- stoked to see herself).

This year when we go, there are four of us - I'll be wendy, my DBF will be Hook, my friend is going as Tinkerbell and her DBF is going as Peter Pan - I have 4 costumes to make!

I know, right? I want all of it all over again RIGHT NOW! lol That's hard to pick one country, but I really liked China, the Food and Wine booth which had a cheese tasting thing and cheese souffle, Canada, and Greece.
You can not go wrong with cheese. I will just say that now!! I'll have to plan a trip during Food and Wine and make sure totry EVERYTHING!!!
We got a ton of looks though and I was starting to get excited/nervous to meet Rapunzel. We got into the FP line and were waiting to meet her and my stomach was complete butterflies.
Someone is a fangirl!! LOL. I love your enthusiasm. Still it is pretty fun. I love a good character interaction. The best one I had was with Anna. She was giving me a few to many hugs and my wife didn't like it. Of course Gaston was getting a little cozy with her soooo it all worked out.

Yeesh. Talk about a long hiatus from a trip report! I'm ashamed it has taken me this long to update, but hopefully I can still help some people out with their upcoming stays. Granted, my memory is a bit foggier now, but I will try to remember and still post the loads of pictures we have. Thanks again for all of you who had been following and sorry for dropping off the face of Disboards.

After our amazing meet with Rapunzel, we headed over to meet Jack and Sally. I had heard the rumors of them meeting early so I wanted to make sure we were over there for that. We ended up in their line at 4:36pm. The dads left to sit down and also wander while I went into the Big Top for a snack.

Here I am with our mummy rice krispie.

And here's Cory finishing it.

Here was our place in line, looking toward the meet. The people in the Incredibles shirts on the right are ahead of us. So not too bad.

We got a picture of the guys while waiting.

At 5:02pm, Jack and Sally came out and we met them pretty quickly from there. We had a lot of conversations and they were so fantastic. Jack liked my angry Pascal and said he would be good for scaring Oogie Boogie. He then asked if I stole my flowers from the Easter Bunny and I told him I used Pascal to scare him too, which he enjoyed. Sally was very sweet and I told her I loved her eyelashes and she replied, "Oh, thank you. I sewed them on this morning." They were very, very cute and it was well worth the wait.

Here's photos of our various convos.

I love my intense convo with Jack while everyone is cracking up at Sally.

And then I asked for one of just Cory and I.

We were out of the line at 5:33, so we had been in their line for about an hour. Not bad considering how long their wait gets later on. We were very happy to have them met before the party even started. Next we were headed over to the Tangled area for some more pictures.

We went over to the best bathrooms in maybe the whole world to get some pics. During this time there were a decent amount of pictures being taken of us, but not us, which at first felt weird, but then hey whatever makes people happy.

My dad was very excited to see he had his own poster.

And one of my favorite pictures.

It was 6 when we got into Columbia Harbor House for dinner, which is always delicious, and we were out by 6:30. Next we got in line for Jack Sparrow at 6:45 and waited by this lovely bucket of rum.

Jack was out at 7:01pm and we saw him by 7:15. He was hilarious and slightly drunk as was expected and was a very fun meet.

Had to get my own pic.

We then took our treat bags and trick or treated through the Pirates queue and through the Tiki Room. It was somewhere around here, I believe that our dads were done. We were a bit disappointed and annoyed since we worked so hard on the costumes, but we had got the pictures we wanted, so we let them go back lol

Next we made our way through Frontierland.

And stopped to hear a bit of the Cadaver Dans who are so fantastic.

We were headed for the Haunted Mansion, a must do on a night like tonight. In the line we interacted with Carlotta who is hilarious. Seriously, go out of your way to see her if you have to. She commented that I still can't shake Gothel and I must be an independent woman since Flynn wasn't there. Also this area is just too cool on MNSSHP nights.

After our trip through the mansion, Cory was craving some roller coaster fun, so we headed over to Space. Cory, his mom and I rode, all doing our best character impressions.

Next it was off to find Lotso, my favorite villianous bear. We had a bit of a wait for him, but it was fine because he was adorable and smelled like strawberries.

Look how mischevious he is!

Then we had a fun round of Buzz before heading into the hub for the castle show.

We got a good spot against the Partner's Statue because we were SOO exhausted. This is where we were for the castle show and fireworks, not a prime spot right in the front, but we had a little ledge to sit on that the four of us were very thankful for...though some of us may have even dozed off a bit throughout that time...eh em Mom.

As we were waiting for the Castle show to start, we saw a lonely Photopass photographer and had to grab a shot. Love this.

And as we were waiting, I knew there was something I had to grab for Cory. So I trekked over to Sleepy Hollow which was mob scene to get the special dessert.
The apple pie sundae in poison apple cup. I had a very happy husband.

And now, here is the only photo I have of the show or fireworks. You guys, I just wanted to be present and enjoy both of them and I'm so glad I did. Both we amazing. The show was fantastic and exactly what this party needed! And the fireworks are always great.

We then hustled over to Frontierland to catch the parade and grabbed a spot along the walkway on the water. We had a good view and were able to lean against the wood railing because all of our feet were pretty dead.

And then this is the only pic I have of the parade. I just love certain things so much, especially the ballroom dancers that I just wanted to enjoy.

Once the parade made it's way past us, we went past the Tiki room and through Adventureland, past the Crystal Palace, and tried to beat the parade out. Blurry hustling picture.

As we made it to the flagpole, I saw that the previously very long-lined picture area was open and I pulled us all that way. It's one of my favorites from the trip.

It turns out that even though I thought it would be super crowded toward the front, even for the second parade, hence us being in Frontierland, it was pretty dead. We cut across the street and made our way toward the exit. There was some time left but we were all done.

And the train station which I think looks so phemomenal for these parties.

We hopped on a very busy bus and made it back to the room by 12:30am with our candy haul and extremely exhuasted feet.

We got a good spot against the Partner's Statue because we were SOO exhausted. This is where we were for the castle show and fireworks, not a prime spot right in the front, but we had a little ledge to sit on that the four of us were very thankful for...though some of us may have even dozed off a bit throughout that time...eh em Mom.

As we were waiting for the Castle show to start, we saw a lonely Photopass photographer and had to grab a shot. Love this.

And as we were waiting, I knew there was something I had to grab for Cory. So I trekked over to Sleepy Hollow which was mob scene to get the special dessert.
The apple pie sundae in poison apple cup. I had a very happy husband.

And now, here is the only photo I have of the show or fireworks. You guys, I just wanted to be present and enjoy both of them and I'm so glad I did. Both we amazing. The show was fantastic and exactly what this party needed! And the fireworks are always great.

We then hustled over to Frontierland to catch the parade and grabbed a spot along the walkway on the water. We had a good view and were able to lean against the wood railing because all of our feet were pretty dead.

And then this is the only pic I have of the parade. I just love certain things so much, especially the ballroom dancers that I just wanted to enjoy.

Once the parade made it's way past us, we went past the Tiki room and through Adventureland, past the Crystal Palace, and tried to beat the parade out. Blurry hustling picture.

As we made it to the flagpole, I saw that the previously very long-lined picture area was open and I pulled us all that way. It's one of my favorites from the trip.

It turns out that even though I thought it would be super crowded toward the front, even for the second parade, hence us being in Frontierland, it was pretty dead. We cut across the street and made our way toward the exit. There was some time left but we were all done.

And the train station which I think looks so phemomenal for these parties.

We hopped on a very busy bus and made it back to the room by 12:30am with our candy haul and extremely exhuasted feet.
My hubby and I are going to the Sept. 2nd Mnsshp! We have heard great things about the parade and stuff, and we were excited about trick or treating. We were feeling bashful about being adults doing this, but this post reassured me that all ages participate in the trick or treat portion. What a haul!

My hubby and I are going to the Sept. 2nd Mnsshp! We have heard great things about the parade and stuff, and we were excited about trick or treating. We were feeling bashful about being adults doing this, but this post reassured me that all ages participate in the trick or treat portion. What a haul!

Hello, upup4fun. Do not be bashful about doing anything in Disney World as adults, especially trick or treating! lol CMs love to see the costumes the adults rock and I found a few times we got extra candy because they liked our costumes ;)

Just joining in!! My family was there pretty much around the same time as yours were-- Oct 16-24 for us and we did the MNSSHP on the 22 to celebrate our twin boys' birthday. I love reliving our trip through your reports, although ours was more slow-paced ::yes::

And what cute costumes you guys had!! Looking forward to more sports :goodvibes

I am so loving this trip report. Your costumes were spot on for the Halloween Party. Y'all looked awesome. I think I found my way here on day three so I have half the report left. Great job and I'm looking forward to reading more.

Just joining in!! My family was there pretty much around the same time as yours were-- Oct 16-24 for us and we did the MNSSHP on the 22 to celebrate our twin boys' birthday. I love reliving our trip through your reports, although ours was more slow-paced ::yes:: And what cute costumes you guys had!! Looking forward to more sports :goodvibes

Don’t you love that time of year? It was a bit busier than I was hoping, but I love the weather and decorations. Thank you so much for your kind words!

I am so loving this trip report. Your costumes were spot on for the Halloween Party. Y'all looked awesome. I think I found my way here on day three so I have half the report left. Great job and I'm looking forward to reading more.

Thank you so much! Your comment is so sweet.

Aw, thank you!

Wow. Saying it has been awhile is quite an understatement. Sorry for keeping everyone hanging and sadly, I don’t remember a lot of the details anymore at almost a year later, but hopefully our photos will still be enjoyable! (Photobucket is giving me some issues, so apologies if the photos are enormous.)

Day Four

The day after the Halloween Party, we were set on taking it a bit easy. We woke up a little later than usual and moseyed on in to Epcot around 11am as the food booths opened. We trekked over to China as they had a food Cory had been craving, the steamed bun. He is obsessed with these.

China: From left to right, Gaoli beef slider, Chicken pot stickers, and Beijing roasted duck in steamed bun with hoisin sauce.

From China it was on to South Korea. I remember liking the short rib, but thinking it wasn’t anything special. I didn’t try the pork wrap because I don’t like pork. Korean Barbecue Short Rib with Steamed Rice and Cucumber Kimchi (left), Roasted pork lettuce wrap with kimchi slaw (right), and Myungjak Bokbunja Raspberry Wine.

Next was a favorite booth from the first time Cory and I attended Food and Wine, Africa. It was missing the one dish we loved from that first time, but both of these dishes were super yummy.

Africa: Berbere-style beef tenderloin tips with onions, jalapeños, tomato and pap and Buttered chicken with micro cilantro and naan bread.

We made our way over to Hollywood Studios to use a few FPs we had. First up was Tower of Terror, which we couldn’t get either mom on lol

It was so nice to see the Theater without the hat.

We headed back to our hotel after, I believe, a game on Toy Story because we never miss doing that. I had to get my picture with my favorite princess back at the villas.

We just chilled out for a while, we may have went to the pool actually, and then got ready for dinner at our hotel. We were going to Yachtsman Steakhouse, somewhere Cory and I had loved previously and knew our parents, specifically my dad, would really enjoy.

We got the yummy cheese plate; I could live off of cheese plates.

Our meal was fantastic and everyone really enjoyed it. Cory and I went for a walk outside along the pool and then we all went to bed pretty early.

Day Five: Part One

This morning we were at Magic Kingdom before the food booths opened. We all went except for my dad who hung back at the hotel and was going to meet us in Epcot. Our first FP was over at Mine Train. My mom sat this ride out.

Then it was over to the Tea Cups. This time though, I suggested we sit girls in one, boys in another. This way, Cory could still torture his dad by spinning like crazy and I wouldn’t have to feel like I was going to throw up.

They of course spun like crazy and I was relieved to just sit and enjoy the ride.

We were feeling a bit hungry so we went over for some smoothies in Tomorrowland. These are super yummy.

We went back into Fantastyland to see PhilarMagic which is always fun.

Then Cory wanted a dessert he had really enjoyed before, at like 10 in the morning. So Cory and his mom enjoyed Strawberry Shortcake from Fantasyland.

It was then back to Tomorrowland for one of my mom and my favorites, The Carousel of Progress. I love this ride so much and it was so nice to ride again with my mom.

I’m pretty sure we rode the Peoplemover before heading down toward Main St.

I just LOVE the Halloween/Fall decorations.

We grabbed a Smores cookie and hopped on the monorail to Epcot.

Last edited:
Day Five: Part Two

We got into Epcot and our first stop was the Coca-Cola store. These were the offerings. I never find any I really like.

We really wanted to have Cory’s mom try Beverly and I tried to take a sneaky picture, but she didn’t hate it as much as we had hoped.

Our first booth today would be Hawaii: Kālua pork slider with sweet and sour Dole® Pineapple chutney and spicy mayonnaise, Maui Splash Sweet Pineapple Wine, and Tuna poke with seaweed salad and lotus root chips. So I actually don’t eat either of the food here, but I was dying to try that pineapple wine. Whoa was it sweet but so, so good. The food reviews were good, with Cory really liking the slider.

Next, on to Patagonia: Grilled beef skewer with chimichurri sauce and boniato purée. Yum, yum. Boniato potatoes are fantastic. We actually had them at our mashed potato bar at our wedding and they are so delicious.

Germany was next: Roast bratwurst in a pretzel roll and German Riesling flight:

–J&H Selbach Bernkasteler Kurfürstlay Riesling Kabinett

–Selbach-Oster Mosel Riesling Spätlese

–J&H Selbach Bernkasteler Kurfürstlay Riesling Auslese

Okay, so again, I don’t eat this food, but that Riesling flight. My god, so good. I wish I had those wines right now.

Italy had: Cannoli al cioccolato: Chocolate-covered cannoli filled with sweet ricotta, chocolate and candied fruit. This little dessert was super yummy.

In Japan, Cory found another one of his buns he enjoys. Japan: Teriyaki gyoza bun: Steamed bun filled with chicken, vegetables and sweet teriyaki sauce and Sake – Suigei Drunken Whale. The bun was very good and very tasty. Cory is the sake drinker and he said it was just okay.

We then headed back to our hotel to rest a bit before a dinner we had been waiting for. We were all supposed to go, but the dads chose to skip it, which was disappointing, because I planned on celebrating my mom’s birthday this dinner, but it was probably more fun without them there.

We walked outside to the buses to the beautiful sunset over our hotel.

And then we reached ‘Ohana! It was a very late reservation, but it was a must do.

I had my favorite excessive drink, the Lapu Lapu.

And Cory had a Pina Colava.

We had a fantastic meal, stuffing ourselves until we practically burst and had a fantastic dinner. We celebrated my mom’s birthday and she was so happy. It was a really great night.

We took the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom, walked by the amazing HalloWishes fireworks, to the buses back to our hotel.

Day Six: Part One

Today was our last day, ugh, the worst. We were spending the entire day in Epcot, so our FP were here too.

We started with Soarin’, which everyone enjoyed.

Then it was on to Test Track where we designed our cars.

My mom is so funny in this.

Then it was on to Cory’s favorite here, Mission: Space. Love this picture.

Then a relaxing ride on Spaceship Earth.

Then we went into the Seas with Nemo.

We then walked around the aquarium a bit, we especially love the cuttlefish.

12113463_10153774315327755_7127488266429284376_o_zpsq27mgs2x.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And then we went over to Living with the Land for our last ride before going to the food booths.

It was our last day, and last trip to the food booths. We tried to get to what we hadn’t had a chance to previously.

We went over to a booth I had been dying to go to, the Cheese Studio! I wanted to drink this fondue, omg.

Cheese Studio: Cheese fondue with sourdough bread and Trio of artisan cheese:

-Karst cave-aged cheese served with honey

-La Bonne Vie goat cheese served with Craisin® bread

-Rogue Creamery Oregon Blue Cheese with berry port compote

Then we hit up two booths, Greece: Greek salad in a cone and Chicken gyro with tzatziki sauce and Refreshment Port: Pineapple Dole® Whip soft-serve ice cream.

Both dishes from Greece were yummy, but the gyro was so delicious. The Dole Whip was just ok, Magic Kingdom’s are better for some reason.

It was on to France then to get Cory’s mom a non-Food and Wine drink I knew she would love, the Grand Marnier slush. And she did.

I went over to the France booth and got Sparkling Pomegranate Kir (my favorite drink, hands down) and Ice Pop Pomme: Apple juice, vodka, and St. Germain liqueur. The push pop was actually really good, much better than I was expecting.

Cory then wanted to try Brazil’s Cocada: Brazilian coconut candy. He was a bit puzzled, but thought it was just okay.

Man, I just love Morocco. I always seem to take this shot each trip.

While in Morocco, we got the Kefta pocket: Ground seasoned beef in a pita pocket. Yum.

And then we went for our last visit to the Chase lounge in America and enjoyed a complimentary glass of champagne.

Love. This. View.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter