White chocolate glass slipper pre-oder?

skippelm

Mouseketeer
I thought I read that I had to pre-order, but when I asked WDW DINE they said no- it's always on the menu. Can anyone confirm?

I havent found it on a menu yet... there is a thread buried somewhere about it you should read.

What I gathered from that thread is: You have to call the Grand Floridian Bakery to special order it in advance. More than likely, the front desk CM will have no clue what you are talking about (happened to me) and you have to insist on the bakery. I left a message there and havent heard back yet, plan on trying again tomorrow since its been awhile. They have to be served in the Grand Floridian, but can be at any of their places, even tea. It is only on the catering menu for weddings, and only made there, so its not on other menus.

Thats what info I recall from that thread... Good luck to you!

We actually called 1900 Park Fare to order ours. I had to leave a message, but they returned the phone call later that day. The slippers were great!

You have to pre-order it. It's not on any menu in WDW.

However, it can be delivered to any WDW park or resort restaurant per the info I was told.

I have a character dinner scheduled at 1900 Park Fare for a Friday night-- can I have that slipper there? for that dinner?

also can they deliver it to my hotel at the PORiverside?

Oooh, what is a White chocolate glass slipper? Sounds yummy! Is it just a slipper made out of white chocolate, lol? or is there more to it?
thanks,
Sherry

We didn't have the slipper, but a cake the GF bakery made. They said they do not deliver to other hotels any more. If you want an item from the bakery you have to pick it up. That is what we did and the cake was wonderful. Would have been great if they would have delivered it, since we didn't have a car.

My mother tried ordering one to have sent to my birthday dinner at the Kona Cafe. She was told by the chef that they cannot leave the GF due to the possibility of spoiling. Obviously others have been told differently, but that was the answer she got. ;)

Does anyone know if they could be sent to the lounge at the GF?

Wahoo! SUccess! I jut preordered from the bakery! FYI- they are very small, about 3" and they suggest one per person. They are $8 each.

:sunny:

Oh, and they are actually called Cinderella's slippers

I would love to hear more about these....is it just white chocolate that is shaped like a slipper?

StaceyA
They are really White Chocolate (Cindrerella's Slipper)about 3 to 4 inches, filled with whipped cream and 3 rasberries on top, they are on a plate with Milk Chocolate filled with either white chocolate or milk chocolate mousse and there is a red gel heart on the side and the Castle stenciled in Chocolate on the plate. They are gorgeous.
There use to be a photo on this board, but I searched and couldn't find it.
We had them delivered to us for My Mom's BDay in November at the Afternoon Tea at GF. They were $8.00 each and worth it.
We had to order them in advance through the GF 1900 Park Fare Manager.

If anyone has a photo, could you please post it. TIA

FloridaGirl,I wasn't able to find any list of items the GF bakery makes. I remembered seeing a special one night about the wonderful pasteries chef they have there. So I decided to give them a call for our cake.

I just spoke with the pastry chef at GF, and I am not staying there, nor will I be having a dinner there, so I was wondering how I can get some of these anyway. I told them it was my daughters birthday and they asked where I was staying.; I told them I was staying at the Beach Club resort and they gave me the number to the head pastry chef there, he is not only going to make them for us, he is going to deliver them to our room, and we did not have to pre-order them. He told me to call them the day we get there and tell them what day we want them and he will take care of it.

Im actually giddy!

I am going May 7th for my daughter's fourth birthday and we are staying at the Port Orleans Riverside-- do you think it is worth a shot for me to call there and see if I can get them to our room too? that would be a great surprise-- my sister and I are taking her down there for a weekend surprise

What is the phone number for the bakery at the Grand Floridian? Did they also give you that number to call the head chef at your resort as well?

I wonder if I could have this done at Boardwalk? Does anyone know how I might find out if they have a pastry chef there I can speak to.

I just called the bakery. I called 1-407-824-3000 and asked for the bakery. The pastry chef answered, he was very nice and helpful, and took down my information and told me to just tell the waitstaff when we dined, and they would get it for us.

I did not ask about other locations, becuase others had been told it couldnt be transferred. We decided to just have lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe one day just to be able to have it!

I suppose you could call the other resorts and try to speak with someone in their bakery and see if they can prepare it for you there.

Im so excited!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter