Who did you swim with at Discovery Cove?

Lovely photo, so pleased you have posted it as it shows children in the background with a life jacket on. I am starting to worry that my soon to be 10 year old is going to back out of the swim as she is still not overly happy out of her depth with something (one!) to cling on to.

You have to wear a life jacket or wetsuit when in any water at Discovery Cove, it's not an option. During the dolphin swim if you are not comfortable treading water for a few minutes they will let you walk out a little bit and have the dolphin pull you back to the group. It's pretty much the same ride and your daughter will never be in water that is higher than mid-torso (for an average 10 year old). She will not be allowed to hold on to someone though. You do go out in pairs for the swim, but if she is the only one who doesn't want to tread water she will have to walk the short distance alone. Also make sure she has water shoes on- it was very slippery where we had to walk.

Back on topic- in June we had Jenny until she took a quick break to see her boyfriend Capricorn, then we had C.J. for a little bit.:) Jenny brought my son his Happy 11th Birthday buoy. He named his stuffed dolphin(that came with the Celebration Package) Jenny. Both my boys are still talking about the experience. It was worth every penny, and our pictures are wonderful. So glad we splurged on the photo package.:cool1:

We were at DC yesterday :) . We swam with Marea, Stella and Capricorn.

Fun fact....Capricorn starred in the movie Jaws 3!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter