Who does happy hour for dinner?

Yes, all the time. I usually prefer appetizers to entrees, so happy hour is great for me.

My big thing used to be Chili's baby back ribs. It was really odd because most locations used to have lunch specials (maybe on a card on the table) that weren't on the regular menu including a half-slab (complete with cinnamon apples) of the ribs for maybe $6.99 in my area. This was actually less than half the price of a full order which I could never finish. Even though it was off-menu I'd ask for it an almost every location said they could do it for the lunch price. One time I asked and was told they could only do an appetizer (1/4 order) in a basket for $6.

Now they have half-orders at all locations on the menu, but it's not quite the bargain it used to be.

We have a local restaurant/bar (now starting to franchise out) that has a great happy hour. We are able to feed family of 5 off the apps, plus a beer for DH and me for <$40 (tax and nice tip included). Another favorite is more upscale restaurant but their happy hour on the patio and in the bar is good-drink specials are not great but the small plates of signature foods-OMG the bacon wrapped dates and lobster bisque soup is enough for a meal.

So to answer your question-yes we often do happy hour for dinner :)

We do it at a burger restaurant near us called Zinburger ( small chain) . They have reduced price basic burger and half price on some appetizers / sides several days a week. Also some other restaurants have reduced prices until 6:00. Since DH goes to work at 5:30am and eats lunch before noon , dinner before 6:00 isn't an issue for us

Another disappointing thread.

Happy Hour here means cheap booze for an hour - and sometimes two if they can't count.

Another disappointing thread.

Happy Hour here means cheap booze for an hour - and sometimes two if they can't count.

Oh, there's cheap booze, and at least two hours as well as some all day specials. However, I can have that at home cheaper than even the cheapest happy hour drink special. However, I can't make a restaurant meal at home.

Well - just as a follow up, my local happy hour place just changed. Apparently has to do with a change of ownership, although I'm not sure if Landry's sold just this particular restaurant or the entire McCormick & Schmick's chain. A fellow customer presented their loyalty card but was told they're no longer part of the company.

They still have a happy hour, but it's not all the same stuff as before. No more $5 cheeseburger with fries, although they have an $8 burger. It's still taco Tuesday and that wasn't too bad although not as much food as the cheeseburger. And the hours are now 3-7 instead of 3-9.

bcla- saw you posted Spengers. That was my great grandparents favorite place to eat when they lived in Berkley. Had thought it closed years ago.

We do happy hour dinner if a restaurant has later times. The 2-5 time span doesn't fit our work schedules. We have no shame in doing that. Half off apps for Happy Hour specials isn't too bad either. Couple this with a few kids meals and it's a cheap night out for our family. Although we also take advantage of Kids eat free night at IKEA and other local businesses.

I rather avoided Spenger’s over the years. Everyone knew what it was, but it seemed to be a place stuck in a time warp living off its reputation from the 60s or earlier.

It never really closed, but their fish market is gone and I think parts of the building will be turned into retail. Over the years Fourth Street has become upscale. McCormick & Schmick’s bought it a while ago and the food supposedly got better. I rediscovered it because I got a Landry’s gift card.

But the 3-9 happy hour was awesome.

Bonefish Grill has a decent happy hour with $6 food. There is one near my DD's University so we like to go and can easily make dinner by sharing 2-3.

$6 Bar Bites

CRISPY COD SLIDERS (2)
Alaskan Cod, on a savory potato bun, with our signature sauce, tomatoes & lettuce

WAGYU BEEF SLIDERS (2)
served on a savory potato bun, dressed with our signature sauce, tomatoes & lettuce

CRISPY AU GRATIN BITES
a delicious blend of our original potatoes au gratin, filled with cheese, bacon & green onions

CRISPY CALAMARI (SMALL)
flash-fried with peppers and served with crispy noodles & a sweet, spicy Asian sauce

MUSSELS JOSEPHINE (SMALL)
served with tomatoes, red onion, garlic & basil in a lemon wine sauce

My parents are retired and one of their favorite things to do is check out different happy hours. Some of their favorites are Tuesdays at Bar Louie for $5 burgers or Tuesdays at Red Robin for buy one get one free burgers. They also like the endless apps at TGIFriday's but not sure if its being offered anymore. I think Applebee's has half priced apps too, which is also a good deal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter