Who feels like a Thread-Killer? Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
My LIME green shirts came today!

YIKES are they LIME!:3dglasses

Hi Threadkillers!

I've got a package....I've got a package! I'll be enjoying the video in a few days (hectic around here) and then sending it on. Loads of fun stuff in it...thanks for mailing it PC!

Yay!!!:yay:

Your very Welcome!:)

Two more shifts and Liz can call herself a nurse :goodvibes Mind you she needs to still right an exam in September to be allowed to practice in the eyes of the province. But she will have a temporary licence so that she can work at camp this summer.

How long are shifts? So I guess they don't do it by quarter or semester? That's cool that she'll be able to work with a temp license!

Good Afternoon ThreadKillers & Lurkers Alike!

Hi Princess C! :flower: It's been awhile...how are you & your?

DisUnc...$100 eh? <~~~ note the "eh"

yo did way better than I.....I won zip zilch zero on the millionaire raffle....CONGRATS!

BstSuda....did OK fishing....DGS Corey caught 2 more fish than I did...but...he couldn't juggle any nightcrawlers...I caught 5 largemouth bass and some sheeps heads.... <~~~ a shazzbott fish ....but...except for the delectable and delicious Lake Erie Perch....we are 'catch & release fisher-guys....so...they all went back in the drink....

Anybody want an update on my stories?

Hmmmm...why do I even ask? lol....you're stuck....

I learn as I go....in filling out the TX copyright forms....I see....if one is dog derivative work...r a continuing work....then, they ask for the TX copyright # assigned....

so...I sent in story 1....and my money....

they cashed my check months ago...and....nothing....

but I worry not...it'll come...

when it does...I'm sending in all the rest of the series for copyrighting...and...submitting for publshing from then....

feel free to ask me any questions here or in PM....

OK!

Pssst! Hey Lurkers.... Pickle batch #1 ...uhmmm...sucked!

I got so puckered up ...the soles of my feet got wrinkly....

on to batch # 2!

Wow! 2 days in a row, eh? <~~ noted!

I'm glad you are making progress with your stories and can't wait to see them in the bookstores!

I think for the KoolAid pickles you might want to start with bread & butter pickles - or even sweet pickles - instead of dill. Try grape next. Truly, there is no experience to be equaled than getting sick after having grape KoolAid. :scared1:

The Element is ready to be picked up. It was the battery. It did make me realize that I do NOT want a new car right now (heck this one isn't 2 years old yet). So that's good!

I hope ya'll had a GREAT day! I got tons-o-housework done today. Not that anyone would want to - but you could perform surgery on my floors!

Aisling,
Im excited:yay: ...but NOT nervous .....
Its soo cool to be able to meet the people Ive talked to for so many years.....We all have at least one thing in common after all.....If all else fails(which Im sure it wont)...there is ALWAYS Disney to talk about....and hey I can talk to anyone...about almost anything...:rotfl2: Just ask my poor DH, Mike;) you CANT shut me up!:lmao: :rotfl: Im sure he will be happy to just point me in the direction of someone elses ears, ...LOL

Hey that's good to know... Because I am a shy person and I get nervous meeting new people. :blush:

Hey that's good to know... Because I am a shy person and I get nervous meeting new people. :blush:

Are you serious? You don't strike me as that type! Believe me (after being related to 2 threadkillers and meeting a group of them) there is plenty to talk about and you'll feel right at home in two shakes of a lamb's tail!

OH GREAT!....That doesnt seem to far....:thumbsup2

I dont think you have to be a smoker to get TC......and I have to tell you, I have aDGF, and her DH is a family Dr....and they smoke..but not too many people know about it....they wont even smoke in their own house, incase someone they dont want to know walks in...
I dont smoke...but if I did ..I wouldnt try to hide it...
But I guess he feels funny telling people not to, if they know he does...:confused3
So it may have been that way with YOUR Dr.:confused3

I know a few people like that. :) I don't smoke either but I can understand why some would try to hide it. :3dglasses

Cally, Liz's school works on semester. This is her third and final semester for this year. (and forever).

At the nursing home it was 8 hour shifts but at the hospital they work 12 hour shifts.

DU, enjoy your new shirts:thumbsup2

Cally you don't seem too shy to me :confused3 Maybe it's because we've known you for so long now.

Ann, glad to hear that your car was an easy fix. Funny how it stopped so quickly :confused:

BP, I'm glad that you had a successful fishing expedition. :fish: I'm glad to hear also that you let them go again :fish:

BP, I've wondered often how your stories are doing? I didn't want to bother you about them though. I figured if you had something to tell you would be sure to let us know.

Like Ann, I can't wait to see your books in the bookstores. :goodvibes I have every confidence that some day you will succeed in getting them there:thumbsup2

Please keep us updated.

Are you serious? You don't strike me as that type! Believe me (after being related to 2 threadkillers and meeting a group of them) there is plenty to talk about and you'll feel right at home in two shakes of a lamb's tail!

I don't? It just seems easier for me to type messages.. but when I get around people I've never met I get nervous for some reason...and I start stumbling over words.. :laughing:

Pittiful i know..

Cally, Liz's school works on semester. This is her third and final semester for this year. (and forever).

At the nursing home it was 8 hour shifts but at the hospital they work 12 hour shifts.

Wow, that's great!! So when is the semester up? When did she start school again? It seems so much faster that way but I dont know if I could do 12hr shifts. I know once I start working I will probably get a shift like that tho'

Wow, that's great!! So when is the semester up? When did she start school again? It seems so much faster that way but I dont know if I could do 12hr shifts. I know once I start working I will probably get a shift like that tho'

The first semester started in September and went to just before Christmas. The second semester was January to end of April and the third (all clinical placement) was May until the end of this week.

The first year of school they only had 2 semesters.

They had to put in so many hours (I don't know how many) of fulltime clinical placement to graduate. They worked with a nurse fulltime.

Liz says that she actually doesn't mind the 12 hour shifts.

I think for the KoolAid pickles you might want to start with bread & butter pickles - or even sweet pickles - instead of dill. Try grape next. Truly, there is no experience to be equaled than getting sick after having grape KoolAid. :scared1:
:scared1:

:lmao:

Hello HollyAnn! :coo1:

(I wonder if ole OZ called Harriet "Harry" for short....hmmmm )

Aaaah...glad you're feeling better....after the...uhmmm..."nap"..... :blush: ....you'll probably be a lot better... :blush:

OK! I have been elected....selected....ok...I was acually hornswoggled into asking....

How do you sing "Happy Birthday" to her with no name....

I told those Lurkers it goes:

Happy Birthday to you....

Happy Birthday Dear.............

Thank you in advance.....

Hope you Lurkers are happy now!

Well...I know some people that say eeeew to chicken wings....you are on the pickle list....lol...

Do you have a favourite ( :) ) flavour? ( :rotfl2: )

awww, thank you very much!
I had a nice bday and I appreciate everyone's well wishes!
:grouphug:

The first semester started in September and went to just before Christmas. The second semester was January to end of April and the third (all clinical placement) was May until the end of this week.

The first year of school they only had 2 semesters.

They had to put in so many hours (I don't know how many) of fulltime clinical placement to graduate. They worked with a nurse fulltime.

Liz says that she actually doesn't mind the 12 hour shifts.

I bet she is glad to be done! What do they call it over in Canada?

Like when I'm done with nursing school, I'll have to take the NClex-PN to be a Liscensed Practical Nurse (LPN)

I think I take my test 2 or 3 wks after I graduate. :eek:

It's the same over here.. you have to have a certain number of theory (class) hours and a certain number of clinical hours but I don't know how many hours.

Hi y'all!!! :flower3:
I hope that everyone is doing well. :thumbsup2
I have been sooooo busy, and have neglected a lot of things, including you, my Tker friends - sorry :rolleyes:
Anyway, we (me and couple of library staff) took our teens (Jr Friends) to the opener of the new Harry Potter movie at midnight lastnight. It was great! :banana:
Next week the last HP bk is released and we have a BIG party at the library to go along w/ the release. We rec'd the (hermetically-sealed) boxes of teh new HP bks today at the library! This is very exciting and the boxes are stacked next to my desk to insure that they stay sealed until midnight, July 21. HP fever is an incredible phenomenon! :woohoo:
We are expecting about 300 to attend our big HP event. anyway, you can see how busy my life has been. I will try to check in w/ y'all again soon. Take care and Thank you again for my Bday wishes!!!!:goodvibes

I am just NOW reading the Magicmeets site (bout time...hey?):confused3

Colleen, In the 'breakout" sessions...we pick which of the rooms we want to go too?????? Gonna have to conference James on this!!!!!:eek:

DP, Tiggerwannabe & Aisling...which sessions are you all doing????

DisUnc...$100 eh? <~~~ note the "eh"

yo did way better than I.....I won zip zilch zero on the millionaire raffle....CONGRATS!

For the Christmas drawing I gave them out as Stocking stuffers...and my Neice won $1,000.00 :banana: :santa: :banana: !!! But did I get a dinner???NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter