Who lets their kids sing loudly on an airplane

Did you ask the parents to stop their children? There's no way I'd sit there without doing everything I could to make it stop. I understand and empathize with crying children but kicking, singing or otherwise being annoying isn't ok. Did the flight attendants do anything?
You're nicer to the parents than I am.
In similar cases, if a look to the parents doesn't get results after a minute or two, I go straight to talking directly to the children. I am always friendly with the kids and assume they simply do not know better because I am seeing right then and there that their parents haven't bothered to teach them, so I explain why the beahavior is an issue and ask them to stop. It nearly always works to stop whatever issue (though often parents look miffed. Oh well, if they were parenting well to begin with, no one else would have to step in uninvited.

Well you are from the Evil Empire:rotfl2::rotfl2: sorry Bostonian here. Couldn't resist:thumbsup2[/QUOTE]

You're assuming that all 20 million people live in NY City ... and are Yankee fans. :confused3:thumbsup2:wave:

I am a young parent and my son knows to never be the annoying child. (He is now 8). Sometimes he sings to himself and has zero clue he is singing out loud. Kids need to be reigned in and reminded to be quiet. But I have to agree that most parents these days do not teach there children how to act with others or in public.

Bullying is a huge issue as well. People need to teach kids how to be nice not cruel. :(

Too many are interested in being their kids friend instead of their parent in my observation.

Well, that's been going on a long time. I think it's even more than that. People, in general, have become more selfish/self-centered about how their actions affect others. I know there are still good (young) parents out there, but they are the exception rather than the rule anymore. The parents of these singing darlings didn't give a HOOT about the people around them; nor do they want to do the work of parenting in public. It's hard. The pendulum has swung for sure. I was a young child in the 1960s. It was the tail end of society's attitude that "Children Should Be Seen and Not Heard." Granted, that was a little harsh, but people actually felt that way. We are so far from that now.

Post the video op or it didn't happen.

I'm joking...

Sorry you had to suffer through that.

Mom of 4, but I have no patience for misbehaving kids who disturb others or their parents

We have 4 kids and I'd be embarrassed if they behaved like this while flying. We always made sure to have extra snacks and activities on hand to help with boredom. Headphones were a given. Loud voices were not tolerated.

Frankly I give parents the evil eye when their kids are rude like this, and will tell others children to stop inconsiderate behaviors. It's a small confined space, parents need to be respectful to others around them.

We have 4 kids and I'd be embarrassed if they behaved like this while flying. We always made sure to have extra snacks and activities on hand to help with boredom. Headphones were a given. Loud voices were not tolerated.

Frankly I give parents the evil eye when their kids are rude like this, and will tell others children to stop inconsiderate behaviors. It's a small confined space, parents need to be respectful to others around them.
But that might hurt someone’s feelings and damage their self esteem....:sad:

Well, that's been going on a long time. I think it's even more than that. People, in general, have become more selfish/self-centered about how their actions affect others. I know there are still good (young) parents out there, but they are the exception rather than the rule anymore. The parents of these singing darlings didn't give a HOOT about the people around them; nor do they want to do the work of parenting in public. It's hard. The pendulum has swung for sure. I was a young child in the 1960s. It was the tail end of society's attitude that "Children Should Be Seen and Not Heard." Granted, that was a little harsh, but people actually felt that way. We are so far from that now.
I had a friend tell me just yesterday that she doesn’t like to correct her 2 yr old b/c she feels bad when she cries. Well that’s gonna be a long road for both of them!

Maybe I hang around with different people, but the parents that I know have no problem correcting their children and expecting appropriate behavior. I'm sure there are bad parents out there of course, but I'm amused at how quickly people just condemn an entire generation of parents because of one story or a "few" people they see in stores.

I would never sit there and be subjected to anyone else's bad behavior. There is absolutely no excuse for people (including kids) annoying other passengers like the examples given here. I also agree that it is up to parents to control and monitor their kids but when they fail to do so, even after asking nicely, I wouldn't feel out of place telling the kid to stop. If the parents don't like it, DO YOUR JOB so I don't have to. If this didn't work, I would escalate it to the flight attendant.

I had a friend tell me just yesterday that she doesn’t like to correct her 2 yr old b/c she feels bad when she cries. Well that’s gonna be a long road for both of them!

If she's a close enough friend, you might try talking to her about the long term problems she will face if she doesn't deal with this now. You can't suddenly expect a 16 year old to listen to you if they grew up doing whatever they wanted to do because their parents didn't want to discipline or correct them for fear of hurting their feelings.

The parents sitting behind me have let their two children sing at the top of their lungs for the whole two plus hour flight. I’ve got a headache:furious:
I would lose my ish. Wow. Thats not ok. So sorry OP!

The same parents that let their kids kick me, hit me, play their iPads loudly without earbuds, throw toys at me, spill their soda across the row, crush their goldfish crackers into my purse... you get the idea.
:lmao: Oh my goodness. What a nightmare!

:lmao: :rotfl: Love this, thank you.

:lmao: Wow!!! Good luck to that woman! She sure has an interesting road ahead of her. :scared: im amazed at how stupid some parents are.

Ha! Nice. My kids behave on flights. You have no clue what you are talking about

My son does pretty good now but when he was shorter it seems like hit feet would always be bumping into the seat in front of him. We would always try to put him behind another child. Everytime he would move around I'm sure the seat in front of him thought he was kicking the seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter