Who'd have ever thought that this could be? A November 2017 Pre-Trip Report (updated Sept.11, 2017)

annegirl

DIS Veteran
It's happening!
We are finally going back to the World!
This trip came out of nowhere. We were planning on trying to get to Disneyworld next year but then about a week ago my husband brought it up. He said he was feeling the pull to go back. I got online. I found out that free dining would probably be announced soon.
So we talked about it a little.
But then we forgot about it for a few days.
Sunday night I logged onto the Disboards to post in my trip report about my Europe trip and saw that there were alerts for the free dining watch thread.
I pulled it up and saw that it was rumored that it would be dropping that night.
I immediately talked to Doug about it and he said, let's do it.
I woke up periodically all night to check if it had opened up yet.
Finally a little after three I noticed it was there!
I ran to the computer and pulled it up. I put in the dates we wanted. Nothing at Pop. For budget reasons it had to be a value again. We were looking at going Nov. 27- Dec. 7 or 8. Nothing at Pop. I looked for our second choice which was Dec 8-23. Nothing.
I was sad but figured I would just go back to bed and that it wasn't meant to be. Maybe we could call in later and try again.
Then I noticed the smaller window of time in November for free dining.
I put in those dates and there was availability!
I went to Doug and woke him up to ask him about it.
It would mean a few days less in Disney World because we would want to be back before Thanksgiving. We figured the flights would be more expensive. We checked. The flights were over a hundred dollars less each!
He said, book it.
So I did.
Both of our other trips have come after months of talking and planning so it is almost unreal still that we have a trip booked less than a week after first talking about it!
I can't wait!
November 2017 here we come!!

Next up I will do introductions for those of you who don't know us yet!

Last edited:
Hi! I'm Cheryl.

me.JPG

I just turned 40 a few weeks ago. I am a stay at home mom, soon to be homeschooling mom.
I love reading, traveling, all things Disney (of course), and being creative.
My favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast (the original) but I LOVED the new one as well.
Belle is of course my favorite Disney character and princess.

My DH is Doug

doug.JPG

He is 39, works for a medical research company, loves gaming (especially Dota right now), playing the bagpipes, and making stained glass windows.
His favorite Disney shows are The Great Mouse Detective, Wind in the Willows, Wreck it Ralph, and Robin Hood.

Our oldest daughter is Abigail.

abi.PNG

Abi is 11. She loves reading, writing, drawing, and coding.
She is obsessed with My Little Pony. And I mean obsessed. Her room looks like Equestria exploded in it. She reads My Little Pony, watches My Little Pony, sleeps in MLP sheets surrounded by her MLP stuffed animals, and saves all of her money to buy MLP toys. And she quotes it constantly.
She also likes Disney and Legos.
She is incredibly bright and painfully shy.
Her favorite character was Duffy Bear... and she was so sad to hear he was leaving. Doug brought her a Shellie May Bear from his last business trip that was close to Disney and now she is really excited about her as well.

Our youngest is Madeline.

mads.JPG

Maddy will be turning 8 the day before we leave on our trip.
She is feisty and so much fun.
She is our little social butterfly and is always talking. She loves reading, writing, drawing, coding, and playing.
Right now she is obsessed with cats and rabbits.
Her favorite books are manga.
She really likes Winnie the Pooh as we are currently reading the complete tales as a family and that was her favorite ride on our last trip.
Her favorite character at the moment is Marie.

Hey... I will be starting to update this pre trip report very soon! Still getting an idea of plans for the trip and beginning to think about what we want to do!
Next week it will be time to make our ADR's so I will be back with our wish list as soon as we figure it out!

Barely into this report and tomorrow is ADR day!
I am pretty nervous as I usually am before ADR or fast pass day. I am going to try to do it online but that didn't work for me last time so I hope it does this time!
I am going to be trying to get dinner ADR's at O'hanas's Be Our Guest, Garden Grill, 1900 Park Fare
and breakfast at CRT, Akershus, and Crystal Palace.
The only new to us restaurant would be Garden Grill as we had an ADR there last time but ended up having to cancel it when my husband got sick.
The others are the favorites of each of us.
I will let you know tomorrow if we got them!

Good luck to you tomorrow. I will be up booking reservations for my sister in law tomorrow. I am helping to plan their 1st trip for them. We usually go the week before Thanksgiving. Great time to go, but last year we did the week after. This year we are going the second week of December now.

Well, I was up bright and early with my plans in hand.
I was able to get Be Our Guest, Ohanas, CRT, 1900 Park Fare and T-rex for the days I wanted, mostly around the times I wanted.
I could not get an Akurshus, Crystal Palace, or Garden Grill for any time throughout the entire trip. I am hoping that one will open up for one of them.
I reserved a breakfast at Chef Mickey's since that was an alternative and had one time on a day when we could use it.
I will cancel that if the others open up.
So that leaves me with 1-2 credits. I'm not sure if I should grab something else now or just wait!
I think I might try calling in this morning just to double check on all of them.

I'm glad you got most of what you wanted! That's crazy that those other 3 had zero availability. Keep your eye out, I'm sure something will open up. ALso try the Touring Plans Reservation Finder, I'm pretty sure you don't need a paid subscription for it and it notifies you when an ADR opens around a time you want!

I ended up getting Ohana and Be Our Guest, but not for the days I wanted. They are flipped right now, but at least something I can work around. But I was surprised I couldn't get Garden Grill either!

Hoping this means all the times have not been released yet? Epcot restaurants I have noticed do this. So hopefully as long as I keep checking I will get it. I put Coral Reef there instead right now just in case.

Try for Garden Grill again. I set up alerts for this and was alerted earlier today. Seemed times were now released. Good luck.

Here!

You've got some *awesome* ADRS.

Definitely keep checking Disney and don't forget to take a look at the November 2017 ADR Cancellation thread in the Disney Dining board!

I'm glad you got most of what you wanted! That's crazy that those other 3 had zero availability. Keep your eye out, I'm sure something will open up. ALso try the Touring Plans Reservation Finder, I'm pretty sure you don't need a paid subscription for it and it notifies you when an ADR opens around a time you want!

Yeah, I did them last because I didn't think I would have trouble with them! I just signed up for that today!

I ended up getting Ohana and Be Our Guest, but not for the days I wanted. They are flipped right now, but at least something I can work around. But I was surprised I couldn't get Garden Grill either!

Hoping this means all the times have not been released yet? Epcot restaurants I have noticed do this. So hopefully as long as I keep checking I will get it. I put Coral Reef there instead right now just in case.

I called in and was told that they weren't open yet. Today I noticed Crystal palace!

Try for Garden Grill again. I set up alerts for this and was alerted earlier today. Seemed times were now released. Good luck.

Yes! I got one. Finally.

Here!

You've got some *awesome* ADRS.

Definitely keep checking Disney and don't forget to take a look at the November 2017 ADR Cancellation thread in the Disney Dining board!

Welcome! :welcome:Thank you! I am excited that I have mostly what we wanted! I will definitely check out those boards!

So, over the weekend we were out of town but I was able to check a few times for reservations.
I was able to finally get a Garden Grill for one of the evenings we wanted it!
Still no Crystal Palace or Akershus.
I have been checking every morning and then a few times throughout the day.
I haven't seen anything.
Then this morning we checked again... still nothing.
But a few hours later I went on to see if there were any TRex reservations for earlier than the one I got and I noticed a Crystal Palace dinner open.
I was like...:eek: how did I miss that it had opened?
I immediately went to the days I wanted and searched breakfast.
There was one open on a MK day but it was not an ideal time. I still decided to get it and figured we can make it work since it is one that Maddy really wants. It is 10 and I was hoping for a pre park opening.
I grabbed it but I will continue to search for and hope for an earlier time.
Akershus was still a no go.
I went onto Touring plans this morning and signed up for the free account and put those two down for their search.
Hoping for some :tinker:pixie dust.
However, I do really feel lucky with what we already have so I will be happy no matter what.

You may have already seen this, but there is some discussion on a couple of the other threads about how Akershus dates for mid-November have not been fully released yet. Lots of us are waiting, so the good news is that you didn't miss out on the window just yet! :)

You may have already seen this, but there is some discussion on a couple of the other threads about how Akershus dates for mid-November have not been fully released yet. Lots of us are waiting, so the good news is that you didn't miss out on the window just yet! :)

That is what I heard! Yay! I hope they release them soon and that we can all get them!

Glad you were able to get Garden Grill and a Crystal Palace! Fingers crossed you get Akershus and a better time at CP!

Thanks!

Looking forward to reading more of your plans. I enjoyed reading your trip reports the last time you went to Disney world.:love:

Thank you! I love writing about them! I am trying to hurry and finish up my trip report of the trip I took to Europe with my mom last year and then I will be able to throw myself into this one! :yay:

HEY! I just got an Akershus so they are opening up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter