Whos got Martin Luther King

Every job I've ever worked has whatever holidays the market is closed off - financial services firms/consulting firms working for financial services. MLK is one.

Yep and even if some teachers have an inservice that day, being away from my students for a day is like having a day off to me. A nice little break. :)

Our school never schedules such days for "holidays" that have the kids off. If the school is recognizing a holiday, everyone is off - and that's the case tomorrow for DW & the kids.

I'm working :(

I am off, kids are all off. DH is working. He gets no breaks from Jan-April.

The schools used to get 2 days off for Washington and Lincoln's birthdays, then they consolidated those two into president's day and added MLK holiday. Now, we don't get president's day at all, and just MLK day.

It doesn't really matter, we have the same amount of school days and work days, regardless of which holidays are celebrated.

This is the first year we haven't taken the day off. We're closed 10 days at Christmas so made so sense to have another day off so soon. It was converted to a floating Holiday this year to use when you want.

Our small Catholic doesn't have off. We take other religious days off through the year so we still have school on MLK.

I'm at work, but my office has people from several different companies and from the government. Of the 20 people usually in my hallway, only two of us are in today. It's SUPER quiet. Lots of time for the Dis today! ;-)

I'm off.

I couldn't get to work on Friday due to ice right through the morning commute so had a 4 day weekend. I would have rather worked Friday since I don't have any "time" yet as it is a new job, but when I tried to head out I realized how dangerous it would be and turned right around. Luckily my bosses are very understanding.

Me! I'm having margaritas tonight!
Unless you're taking Tuesday off, you're not doing it right. You should have had the margaritas last night.;) DW, DD & her DH, and the 2 DGDs are all off today. I'm retired so I never work. Today I won't even walk to the mailbox.:)

I'm off but not because of the holiday, back when we got holiday's it was not one we got. I only work a couple of days a week and pick those days so I'm almost always off on Monday and Friday.

I do however they are making me work.. said I can use the day another time. Since I'm timecard status I think this is wrong. I believe I am supposed to clock in no matter what and get paid whatever it is time and a half or double since it's a vacation....

Yes, I've had it off since it became a federal holiday and I've never had a government job.

Today is a holiday for us but some departments including mine have to have at least a half staff.

It's been a state holiday for me longer than a Federal so at this point in my life it's many more years celebrating the day than not.

I don't shop, go to school, or work this day.

When my children were younger we discussed what his life meant, visited museum exhibits and places of interest pertaining to him and I've continued that with DGD. Wrote her my recollections of the day he died and emailed it today. Her first questions just came back and I expect more are to come. Hoping my thoughts will be memories she passes on to her children and childrens' children since we are big on oral history in the family.

Off for the college I work at. Public schools around here though are all going. Have been for years now.

It is only recently a holiday at my work.
But holidays are not days off.
And as of January 1 it is no longer a double time day, it is a day to be taken off later.
So I will be taking my holiday in March while I am at spring training.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter