Why am I no longer getting email notifications?

Has anyone had any luck with this now that it has been 3 days? I still am not receiving my emails and it is really bugging me at this point!

I am wondering if it's your email providers? Those not getting any...who is your email provider? maybe certain ones are not getting through. I remember several years ago when hotmail/msn would not receive any notifications after an upgrade. it took like a week or 2 before they got it fixed.

And another thought..I believe this set up is the same as WDW Magic boards.....and I have ALWAYS had issues with getting notifications from them. It was always random. Maybe this is something @webmasteralex needs to look in to

And another thought..I believe this set up is the same as WDW Magic boards.....and I have ALWAYS had issues with getting notifications from them. It was always random. Maybe this is something @webmasteralex needs to look in to

I agree. This is changing the way I read the DIS. I would love if someone would look into this. Or at least pop into one of these threads and let us know when they will be able to get to it.

Well, I DID get one email notification for the Fastpass+ thread (and I certainly was subscribed AND it said I was watching it), but I didn't get any more, and didn't get any "Alerts" either, only for this thread. I just posted in it again, but also unwatched/watched it, so we'll see.

Well, I DID get one email notification for the Fastpass+ thread (and I certainly was subscribed AND it said I was watching it), but I didn't get any more, and didn't get any "Alerts" either, only for this thread. I just posted in it again, but also unwatched/watched it, so we'll see.

I have been getting a decent number of alerts, but nowhere near what it should be. I feel like the only way to keep up on a thread is to remember to pull it up and look.

Still not even a single email notice.

I just noticed that I haven't gotten any notices/alerts on the New Board Features thread, and that was a new one...

I just noticed that I haven't gotten any notices/alerts on the New Board Features thread, and that was a new one...

I hadn't gotten a single alert on this thread since I posted and subscribed to it Monday morning at 7 AM. I figured maybe I was the only one still having the problem, and came over here last night to bump it up out of what I thought was obscurity. I was surprised to find all sorts of posts since then I had no idea had happened.

I hadn't gotten a single alert on this thread since I posted and subscribed to it Monday morning at 7 AM. I figured maybe I was the only one still having the problem, and came over here last night to bump it up out of what I thought was obscurity. I was surprised to find all sorts of posts since then I had no idea had happened.

I JUST got one on the New Features thread, which I had posted again in a short time ago. I'm not sure what the trigger is.

I'm receiving Alerts whenever there's a new Post in the SWW thread and mesa's FP thread. I have my Alert Preferences checked for everything that's listed and I've even received Alerts when someone likes a post.

I use my iPad so it's Safari... does the browser possibly make a difference?

Ya lets all say what email address to see if that could be part of the problem? Mine is an aol address. I use chrome at home and internet explorer at work. I dont' get any notifications and like someone else mentioned I don't get alerts on all threads either:sad1:

Ya lets all say what email address to see if that could be part of the problem? Mine is an aol address. I use chrome at home and internet explorer at work. I dont' get any notifications and like someone else mentioned I don't get alerts on all threads either:sad1:

I maintain my own mail server so I'm fully aware of what goes in and out. I don't think that's the problem.

I went to my list of "watched threads" and clicked on each one. Once I did that I started receiving the emails. Hope this helps!

Here is a test... @mom2rtk, do you get this? We are supposed to be able to tag people and they get notified...

I went to my list of "watched threads" and clicked on each one. Once I did that I started receiving the emails. Hope this helps!

That may be part of it. Apparently, what was considered "unread" rewound by several days before the upgrade. So a number of threads that I _was_ caught up on pre-upgrade said I had unread posts in them. You only get notified once when there is a new unread post, so it considered those threads as already "notified" and would not notify again.

The old system considered any time you came to the boards as enough to send you another notification, whether you read the thread in question or not. This might be a better one...if it didn't have this "rewind" glitch.

Also doesn't explain why mom2rtk doesn't seem to get anything...

Here is a test... @mom2rtk, do you get this? We are supposed to be able to tag people and they get notified...

Thanks for trying, but no I didn't get anything. Still not a single notification, not even on the new threads I've been subscribing to and visiting several times a day.

I did get excited this afternoon when I got an email saying a post had been added to a thread I subscribed to. I forgot I had signed up for wdwmagic on Sunday when the DIS was down and subscribed to a thread over there. Maybe the DIS is holding a grudge? ;)

I did get excited this afternoon when I got an email saying a post had been added to a thread I subscribed to. I forgot I had signed up for wdwmagic on Sunday when the DIS was down and subscribed to a thread over there. Maybe the DIS is holding a grudge? ;)

The DIS, hold a grudge? NEVER... ;)

(and I know the people who run it... :) )

Hey Doconeill can you go into your personal details and take the coding out from under your name? I can't take mine out, I've tried, I keep getting error messages, yet some can go in and delete theirs and put whatever they want there. Just wondering if there is something up with our profiles that is preventing the email notifications and changing our personal details?

Hey Doconeill can you go into your personal details and take the coding out from under your name? I can't take mine out, I've tried, I keep getting error messages, yet some can go in and delete theirs and put whatever they want there. Just wondering if there is something up with our profiles that is preventing the email notifications and changing our personal details?

Seems to have worked for me...I think they hacked a way to put things like the DIS Sponsorship logos and "tag fairy" colored/animated tags in there that did not translate well when they imported the profiles. Not sure if it would be related to notifications.

Ok duh I just did it too. I found the BOT box, I thought it was a security box that came up with the letters that you had to recopy in the square. Totally missed reading BOT. Ok well I'm out of ideas on why the emails are working for some and not others??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter