Why am I no longer getting email notifications?

That may be part of it. Apparently, what was considered "unread" rewound by several days before the upgrade. So a number of threads that I _was_ caught up on pre-upgrade said I had unread posts in them. You only get notified once when there is a new unread post, so it considered those threads as already "notified" and would not notify again.

The old system considered any time you came to the boards as enough to send you another notification, whether you read the thread in question or not. This might be a better one...if it didn't have this "rewind" glitch.

Also doesn't explain why mom2rtk doesn't seem to get anything...

Good theory! That may be the culprit. There is a work-around for all the "unread" older messages. At the top of the boards is "Mark Forums Read" -- and you have the option to do this individually for certain forums, or all at once. I wonder if that will help the system recognize new posts and send updates? Worth a try...

Good theory! That may be the culprit. There is a work-around for all the "unread" older messages. At the top of the boards is "Mark Forums Read" -- and you have the option to do this individually for certain forums, or all at once. I wonder if that will help the system recognize new posts and send updates? Worth a try...

That's not the culprit for me. I have het to get a single email alert. Even after going back and reading some of the older threads I am subscribed to and previously got emails on.

I'm not sure I understand the "mark forums read" but I did that just now as well.

I will add in that I do not recieve email notifications either and alerts sometimes are completely blank if that helps. My isp doesn't allow spam filters unless you pay more so its not being spam foldered.

OK, this is really getting weird. When the switchover first happened, I all of a sudden started getting e-mail notifications when I hadn't been getting them for at least a year and a half. As of yesterday morning though, they've stopped.

OK, this is really getting weird. When the switchover first happened, I all of a sudden started getting e-mail notifications when I hadn't been getting them for at least a year and a half. As of yesterday morning though, they've stopped.

Maybe you're getting my email notifications? ;)

I just realized today I haven't received any emails on my subscribed/watched posts. Any progress towards a solution yet??

I just realized today I haven't received any emails on my subscribed/watched posts. Any progress towards a solution yet??

One thing that has worked for some is go to your Watched Threads page under your Personal Details. If it shows threads with unread posts, read them. This will reset the counter and you should at least start getting posts from those threads again.

One thing that has worked for some is go to your Watched Threads page under your Personal Details. If it shows threads with unread posts, read them. This will reset the counter and you should at least start getting posts from those threads again.

That has helped me get alerts on some of those threads. But I still have not gotten a single email notification.

That has helped me get alerts on some of those threads. But I still have not gotten a single email notification.

If you look at all of your watched threads (click "Show all watched threads"), do they say "Email" just to the left of the number of replies/views?

I just noticed that although for the new threads it seems pretty consistent, I didn't get an email on the Fastpass+ thread...

If you look at all of your watched threads (click "Show all watched threads"), do they say "Email" just to the left of the number of replies/views?

I just noticed that although for the new threads it seems pretty consistent, I didn't get an email on the Fastpass+ thread...

Mine all say email there.

But still not even one thread update. On ANY thread.

This really should not be this hard. It's so easy for me to keep up to date on a wide variety of threads with those email notifications. It just won't happen if I need to go in and navigate to each one. A lot of my DIS time is when I'm out and about and my phone is just too slow to navigate like that. Email is just so quick and efficient for me.

I'm testing this too as I think I'm not getting notifications either...

ok so the test worked now to figure out how to fix my TAG...

ok so the test worked now to figure out how to fix my TAG...
Hover over your user name in the upper right-hand corner of the page, and select "Personal Details". Right under your Avatar is the field "Custom Title". That's your tag, and you can edit it right there. Be sure & "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page when you're done.

This really should not be this hard. It's so easy for me to keep up to date on a wide variety of threads with those email notifications. It just won't happen if I need to go in and navigate to each one. A lot of my DIS time is when I'm out and about and my phone is just too slow to navigate like that. Email is just so quick and efficient for me.
Mom, it's because you are in the email notification Standby line ~ should have used a FP!8-)

There is still a problem with email notifications. I switched to gmail and I'm now getting emails but not on ALL threads. I notice i have replies to threads in my alerts that I didn't get an email notification on. Hopefully they are working on it and it will be fixed soon.

Janet, I'm having the same exact problem! No e-mail notifications. An occasional alert, but not that many. Really bummed! I hope this is fixed soon! (Guess, I need to choose a new avatar photo, too)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter