Why am I no longer getting email notifications?

It sure is starting to feel like a sinking ship, isn't it? :(

When the change first occurred, I thought that I could get used to it. I have figured out how to post and quote and all that stuff but this email notification thing is driving me nuts!

When the change first occurred, I thought that I could get used to it. I have figured out how to post and quote and all that stuff but this email notification thing is driving me nuts!

I feel the same way. I'm used to everything else. But this piece needs to be fixed.

Amen sista! The only way that I can halfway keep up is going through the whole watched threads and working my way through all the posts. :headache::headache::headache:

I feel like I'm not even half way keeping up any more. Email was so much more efficient for me to keep up. And this just isn't.

I feel like I'm not even half way keeping up any more. Email was so much more efficient for me to keep up. And this just isn't.

You took the words right outta my mouth. It seems like I have to post the same (or at least similar) thing in every single thread that I'm catching up on..."I am not like this "New" Dis. I am not getting email notifications when you update so I'm falling behind."

The problem is that it's sending the emails. That is why some people get them and some don't. If you aren't getting them it's because your email server is rejecting them however we have not yet set up all the stuff that that tells other servers it's not spam, it's next on my list

The problem is that it's sending the emails. That is why some people get them and some don't. If you aren't getting them it's because your email server is rejecting them however we have not yet set up all the stuff that that tells other servers it's not spam, it's next on my list

Alex, I'm not getting the emails and I've checked my spam folder and don't have any there either. Are you saying that it's a higher level of rejection than the spam filter? And that you are currently working on the fix? I certainly hope so. I feel very out of touch.

I have worked out I'm only getting one email. Where as before I would get a few for the same thread. Now its just the one then I have to click on it and visit the thread to continue to get the next email saying there was activity.

I'm sot sure that I understand. If I haven't changed anything at all with my email server, shouldn't I still receive the emails after the change-over?

I'm sot sure that I understand. If I haven't changed anything at all with my email server, shouldn't I still receive the emails after the change-over?
The difference is that the emails are going out from a different server, with a different email address, and it appears there is something about the new setup that some email servers do not like. It's not something that was changed on your side. The WebMasters will have to change something about how they're sending the emails so that the email servers recognize that it's not Spam. But the issue appears not to be that the notifications are not being sent. Just how they're being sent. WebMasterAlex did say it was next on his list.

Sayhello

Alex, I'm not getting the emails and I've checked my spam folder and don't have any there either. Are you saying that it's a higher level of rejection than the spam filter? And that you are currently working on the fix? I certainly hope so. I feel very out of touch.
Yes, it's at a higher level than the spam filter. And WebmasterAlex did say it was next on his list.

Sayhello

The difference is that the emails are going out from a different server, with a different email address, and it appears there is something about the new setup that some email servers do not like. It's not something that was changed on your side. The WebMasters will have to change something about how they're sending the emails so that the email servers recognize that it's not Spam. But the issue appears not to be that the notifications are not being sent. Just how they're being sent. WebMasterAlex did say it was next on his list.

Sayhello

Thanks for the information. I'm not a tech savy kinda gal so I appreciate the explanation. I sure hope that the issues is resolved quickly because, as I said in this thread or possibly on another, I feel as if I am quickly losing touch with the Dis.

I hope this issue can be resolved, I am completely out of the loop now that I don't receive any email notifications.

I am at a loss, since the new boards I have not received any emails and I keep checking my email and junk folders? I have alerts ticked any ideas???

I hope this issue can be resolved, I am completely out of the loop now that I don't receive any email notifications.

I feel the same way! I've found myself losing interest in the boards now that I have to search like heck to find out what I am missing.

I am at a loss, since the new boards I have not received any emails and I keep checking my email and junk folders? I have alerts ticked any ideas???

Webmasteralex has stated that they are working on the issue. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon!

Just as a point of data Alex, I _WAS_ getting all the emails, and now they have stopped completely. So it seems things have changed, but not for the better.

So I started this thread...WAS getting emails for it...no longer am...and it's not showing in my alerts anymore either...but I am getting emails for most other posts...not all, but most. I just find it strange that I am getting some, but not all...and I was getting them for this, and now no longer am.....and the alerts? Shouldn't it at least show there?
To me this is one thing that should be taken care of immediately. It's been 3 weeks now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter