Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

First thought - if Southwest has the same low fares in September 2016 that they have for September 2015, then flying wouldn't be too painful. Right now there are some $49 fares in September. In fact, DH and I got $49 fares, each way, to Orlando for our last minute trip at the end of August. The weather will be hideous but the price is right. :)

The Poly sounds wonderful if you can swing the cost. :)

OMG how exciting! :cool1:

Haha, can I come? :rotfl2:My birthday is in September too! the 7th - apparently the day before your trio! :dance3:

I love that they are giving you the choice! And agree that staying at the same resort 3x in a row would be a bit much. Soo, I would say stay somewhere that is either monorail or walking distance from at least one park?! Which I guess would mean:
Polynesian
Beach Club
Yacht Club
Boardwalk
I totally get not wanting to stay by the scary clown pool!! :beach: So maybe just Poly, YC, BC?!

I'm going to vote Poly, too. We haven't stayed there since our honeymoon in 2004.

My second choice would be Beach or Yacht Club...just for the pool. :cool1:

Joining in! You are one busy lady! Sounds like it'll be a blast! We've gone in September and it was HOT, but the crowds were great! If you can swing it, my vote is for the Poly! It would be so much fun for first timers to be on the monorail.
-Lindsey:earsgirl:

Poly Poly Poly....1st, 2nd & 3rd choices :)
It is just so perfect for a first trip! And don't forget, they studio villas sleep 5 now too....
BC/YC would be nice too, but I just can't get past the fact that they have crap for QS. That is big for me. And I know...hahaha....it's not all about the waffles. I just need a good QS for at least one meal a day at the resort.
But the pool would be great.
Oh and I've heard the transportation is horrid there as they share will all the other BW resorts. Can't beat the Poly's transportation!

I will be at the Poly ( DVC studio ) in January!! So exciting!!

I will tell you all about it when I get back.

PS if you are looking to rent at are Poly it's almost always available at the 7 month mark ( for some advanced DVC reason) right now so you could get a decent deal on a studio . The studios sleep 5!!

It's so exciting you have 2 TRs! Me too! Mine are just squished into one PTR!! Lol!

Planning 2 trips at once is confusing my FP plus day for trip 1 is 4 days before my ADR day for trip 2!!

Officially living vicariously through trip reports. My car DIED and so all our money for Nov '15 trip went to help pay for a new car so that trip is cancelled. Super bummed. Not sure when we will be able to start saving for another trip or when we will be able to squeeze it in. My son will be 4th grade this year. I know once 6th grade comes i wont be able to take him out during the school year and im not sure i can save up enough to take the kids before then. Neither my kids or husband do well with heat so i dont think summer is doable. hopefully, i will find some pixie dust and go next fall.

BEST...PTR...INTRO....EVER!!!!! That was good, lady!

I'm so excited for you to get to plan a magical trip for your friends! Can't wait to see what all comes about.

So when you all drive from home, how do you do it? I took one of the kids I nanny and his friend to Disney in May and drove it from St Louis. It was miserable and horrible and I hated almost every second of it. I just want to fly but if driving meant we could get to Disney more often, I'd give it a try....maybe....I don't know....

I LOVE your intro...you are so creative...can you do an intro for my 2016 PTR? And come up with a clever title? Then maybe I can get started on it.

As for resorts, I LOVE the Poly too! It is so convenient for everything. If not the Poly, I would consider the Beach/Yacht Club since I think the kids would really enjoy Storm Along Bay. But heck...I would stay in a tent to be at Disney....wait no I wouldn't...toooooo hot! :)

I can't wait to hear what you all decide!

Oh my gosh, the INTRO!!! Love love love!!! You are so creative my friend!

Of course you should stay at the Poly! I remember how disappointed you were to switch to AoA while the Poly was under renovations. Your friends will be thrilled with it. They look like a fun family. It is so much fun to talk Disney with people who haven't been before. You almost can't talk fast enough. I was so enthusiastic last time the husband said to Dan. "She does know we're already sold on going, right?" :rotfl:

Have fun planning. Just don't get the trips mixed up. Can't wait to see what you come up with next! Have a great day!:hug:

Sounds fun! We are thinking about September of 2016 too. :yay: But I don't know if that will work out or not yet...

I hope it does!!!

Man, I would love to stay at the Poly and I think that would be pretty magical for a first timer. Especially with it being on the monorail. If they can afford it I would hint at that being a great option....

Our family's first trip was at the Poly and nothing beats it!
We really haven't talked budget YET i would love to have them over or do another planning party!

On our first visit in 2010 we watched the electrical pageant from their beach and I just remember feeling so relaxed and content there.

NOTHING beats the Poly.. it's just so beautiful i haven't been back to see the refurb! I need to right?

So excited to keep up with your planning for BOTH trips!

Glad your around! I need as much help as i can for a newbie trip!

Sounds like some great stuff so far! I'm curious to see what resort you guys finally end up at. I've never stayed at any of the deluxe resorts because I can't justify the cost since I'm never in my room. Of the moderates I really like POR or CBR. And did you know that CBR is adding the trundle beds like POR has?

Oh i think everyone should do a deluxe at least once. it's really amazing. but you do have to schedule at least one day at the resort. figure your paying for it you better enjoy it!
POR rooms are SO SMALL it's hard to keep track of everything and we are always tripping over each other. BUT it is the least expensive of ALL of them!
Just depends on their budget. Unlike this trip i plan on keeping up with payments! LOL

Wish I could go for the low crowds in September but it is just too busy at work.

This will probably be the main time we go.. I love the crowds and it's FALL! Love fall. i like the Halloween party better then the Christmas party.. YET nothing beats the castle in lights, or Osborne Lights

First thought - if Southwest has the same low fares in September 2016 that they have for September 2015, then flying wouldn't be too painful. Right now there are some $49 fares in September. In fact, DH and I got $49 fares, each way, to Orlando for our last minute trip at the end of August. The weather will be hideous but the price is right.

Driving costs us about 500.00 total round trip. Where flying is about 1,000-2,000 IF they do have the cheaper flights like you mentioned then YES that is doable!

The Poly sounds wonderful if you can swing the cost.

Yep we need to talk budget!

OMG how exciting!

I am very excited!!!
Haha, can I come? :rotfl2:My birthday is in September too! the 7th - apparently the day before your trio!

Sure! there is always room for one more birthday celebration!

I love that they are giving you the choice! And agree that staying at the same resort 3x in a row would be a bit much. Soo, I would say stay somewhere that is either monorail or walking distance from at least one park?! Which I guess would mean:
Polynesian
Beach Club
Yacht Club
Boardwalk

These were my picks too.. But of course if I had to pick.. POLY wins hands down!

I totally get not wanting to stay by the scary clown pool!! :beach: So maybe just Poly, YC, BC?!

No. NO CLOWN POOL. Yet i love being that close to Epcot.. Especially when i read KatMark's report on it.

I'm going to vote Poly, too. We haven't stayed there since our honeymoon in 2004.

Poly is winning!!!

My second choice would be Beach or Yacht Club...just for the pool.

Yep i agree It would be just for the pool...

Joining in! You are one busy lady! Sounds like it'll be a blast! We've gone in September and it was HOT, but the crowds were great! If you can swing it, my vote is for the Poly! It would be so much fun for first timers to be on the monorail.

Hi there! Glad your here! Yes Sept is HOT and RAINY yet you cannot beat the crowds.
another for the POLY! YAY!!! I knew i liked all of you...

Poly Poly Poly....1st, 2nd & 3rd choices

Mine too... Your going to have to tell me how the CR is. i am curious if it's like everyone says about being like any other hotel room???

It is just so perfect for a first trip! And don't forget, they studio villas sleep 5 now too....
BC/YC would be nice too, but I just can't get past the fact that they have crap for QS. That is big for me. And I know...hahaha....it's not all about the waffles. I just need a good QS for at least one meal a day at the resort.

I AGREE!!! Like i can afford a studio villa? Have to have Mickey waffles on your first stay.. Isn't there a rule or something?
I need nachos and tonga toast.

But the pool would be great.

That's the ONLY perk to the Yacht and beach club...

Oh and I've heard the transportation is horrid there as they share will all the other BW resorts. Can't beat the Poly's transportation!

Is it? Didn't Nicole stay there? I can't remember. Should ask her.

OHHHHHHHHH I am SOOOOOOOOOOO Happy for you!!!!

I will tell you all about it when I get back.

Please do!!! take lots of pictures!

PS if you are looking to rent at are Poly it's almost always available at the 7 month mark ( for some advanced DVC reason) right now so you could get a decent deal on a studio . The studios sleep 5!!

Nope not renting. standard rooms!

It's so exciting you have 2 TRs! Me too! Mine are just squished into one PTR!! Lol!

It is exciting! I just cannot wait to take some great people to my favorite place on earth!
I would be way too confused with putting them into one report..
This one is going to go slow there is a LOT of time to get things together here.

Planning 2 trips at once is confusing my FP plus day for trip 1 is 4 days before my ADR day for trip 2!!

I agree it is a bit confusing. But mine are very far apart! not like yours!

Officially living vicariously through trip reports. My car DIED and so all our money for Nov '15 trip went to help pay for a new car so that trip is cancelled.

Glad your here!!!
I am so sorry to hear this. I know the pain. we have had to cancel in the past over bigger issues arising Priorities right? with Disney ALWAYS updating so there is always something to look forward to!! My car will be PAID OFF in two days!!!! I am overly excited.
I think we are going to skip 2017...

Not sure when we will be able to start saving for another trip or when we will be able to squeeze it in. My son will be 4th grade this year. I know once 6th grade comes i wont be able to take him out during the school year and im not sure i can save up enough to take the kids before then. Neither my kids or husband do well with heat so i dont think summer is doable. hopefully, i will find some pixie dust and go next fall.

Here is some for you-pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

BEST...PTR...INTRO....EVER!!!!! That was good, lady!

Ha! Thank you!!! I have ALWAYS wanted to do a HM theme... I might just carry it over to the TR too...

I'm so excited for you to get to plan a magical trip for your friends! Can't wait to see what all comes about.

I am REALLY excited over this.. just LOVE taking new people.. and i just KNOW they will appreciate it ALL.

So when you all drive from home, how do you do it? I took one of the kids I nanny and his friend to Disney in May and drove it from St Louis. It was miserable and horrible and I hated almost every second of it. I just want to fly but if driving meant we could get to Disney more often, I'd give it a try....maybe....I don't know....

I laughed out loud at this... hard.
St Louis is only what 6 hours from me? (we used to go to Alton all the time that was 5 hours)
So i make binder for the kids with activities in there. Including the itinerary for the trip I have my laptop for movies and they sleep through most of the drive. But my kids really don't argue or act up in the car. so it's easy. Lots of good music, games and sleep!!!

I LOVE your intro...you are so creative...can you do an intro for my 2016 PTR? And come up with a clever title? Then maybe I can get started on it.

Thanks! Nope i can only do my own sister! LOL

As for resorts, I LOVE the Poly too! It is so convenient for everything. If not the Poly, I would consider the Beach/Yacht Club since I think the kids would really enjoy Storm Along Bay. But heck...I would stay in a tent to be at Disney....wait no I wouldn't...toooooo hot!

No tents.. i need running water.
Yes the only reason i would stay at Yacht beach is for the pool...

Just checking in. Will be back after I catch up.

Glad you made it over Lois! I will be here!!

Told ya i would be here!

Oh my gosh, the INTRO!!! Love love love!!! You are so creative my friend!

Thank you!!! Always wanted a HM theme! now i have it! YAY!

tumblr_m9axpn7Guz1qbsnz7o1_400.gif

You know how much i LOVE halloween!!!

Of course you should stay at the Poly! I remember how disappointed you were to switch to AoA while the Poly was under renovations. Your friends will be thrilled with it. They look like a fun family. It is so much fun to talk Disney with people who haven't been before. You almost can't talk fast enough. I was so enthusiastic last time the husband said to Dan. "She does know we're already sold on going, right?"

Another vote for the POLY! yay us!
i was disappointed with canceling Poly But AoA was a fantastic resort. otherwise i would never go back this November!
They really are a fun family. Tom has a BLAST with Massimo at the kids games he is a HOOT!
It is a lot of fun to talk with them about Disney. they know so little and not convoluted.
ha ha ha ha ha! Your too cute! I know you and Tess are both Normal Sept goers aren't you?

Have fun planning. Just don't get the trips mixed up. Can't wait to see what you come up with next! Have a great day!

I am going to have a blast planning this one. I just hope i don't run into the same problems I did for the Nov trip.

Our first trip, we stayed Beach Club. My teens weren't really feeling the Disney Magic. It is nice to not take a bus to Epcot or Hollywood Studios, but when it rains and they think there is lightning in the area, no boats run. So, you are either stuck in park or walking in the rain. The resort is nice, but it was kind of wasted on my kids.

Second year, we stayed at Pop. Smaller room. Jacob slept on floor. The kids LOVED that resort and felt the Disney Magic. Plus they liked the food court. Beach Club didn't have much for QS. (Plus, it really does not smell good sometimes with Cape May.)

Now, I have never stayed at Poly and I would in a heartbeat. I would love to try a monorail resort. Grand Floridian would be wasted on the kids. So, I would be thinking Contemporary or Poly.

Easy solution to not staying at AoA three times in a row, take another trip in between!

I KNOW I am so excited for you too. Like you it was a KIND OF accidental trip. As accidental as booking a trip can be LOL!

I KNOW I am so excited for you too. Like you it was a KIND OF accidental trip. As accidental as booking a trip can be LOL!

I feel like this post needs these gifs

happy-hugs_o_GIFSoup.com.gif

photo-9.gif

tumblr_lyz9o5TsTV1r9zf7xo1_500.gif

8159822.gif

Our first trip, we stayed Beach Club. My teens weren't really feeling the Disney Magic. It is nice to not take a bus to Epcot or Hollywood Studios, but when it rains and they think there is lightning in the area, no boats run. So, you are either stuck in park or walking in the rain. The resort is nice, but it was kind of wasted on my kids.

No bueno.. No wet feet... Yet the "stuck in a park" is not a bad thing!

Second year, we stayed at Pop. Smaller room. Jacob slept on floor. The kids LOVED that resort and felt the Disney Magic. Plus they liked the food court. Beach Club didn't have much for QS. (Plus, it really does not smell good sometimes with Cape May.)

I kind of figured this.. The poly is amazing..When you can wake up in the morning and see the castle? yep Magical! Defiantly need a good QS! especially one with Tonga toast! YUMMM
does not smell good with a restaurant??

Now, I have never stayed at Poly and I would in a heartbeat. I would love to try a monorail resort. Grand Floridian would be wasted on the kids. So, I would be thinking Contemporary or Poly.

GF is just not for us.. the Poly is just BEAUTIFUL!!

Easy solution to not staying at AoA three times in a row, take another trip in between!

If i could afford that i would go every weekend!!!

I cannot wait to hear how you liked it!!!

HA HA! How did you ACCIDENTALLY book??

Signing on for THIS TR too!

AWESOME!!! Welcome aboard!

Hi Mo! Ashleigh here, new to posting on the DIS but I've been a lurker for almost a year- came to your reports via Ariana's reports (wow- I really sound like a stalker!) Following along on your two PTRs- your writing is so exciting and vivacious. I'm also planning two trips right now as well- one day I'll get around to writing a TR because I sure take enough pics to write one. Oh, and my voter orn where to stay for 2016 is for Poly or Animal Kingdom Lodge with the bunk beds or one of the villas. Cheers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter