Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

Hi Mo! Ashleigh here, new to posting on the DIS but I've been a lurker for almost a year- came to your reports via Ariana's reports (wow- I really sound like a stalker!) Following along on your two PTRs- your writing is so exciting and vivacious. I'm also planning two trips right now as well- one day I'll get around to writing a TR because I sure take enough pics to write one. Oh, and my voter orn where to stay for 2016 is for Poly or Animal Kingdom Lodge with the bunk beds or one of the villas. Cheers!

Come say hi on mine now that it's almost over! I actually lurked for over a year before I finally had the nerve to start posting. But since then I've met some of the best people and made some awesome friends! :disrocks:

The studios are actually kinda cheap for a monorail resort. I was surprised.

And you should come visit us at the CR and check out the pool and rooms :)

:confused3Ok, this is AWESOME!!!

Love LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Love your dates!! We overlap!! Dis meet!! Woooohoooooooooooooooooooo!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I'm on my phone or I'd post a really awesome gif for you! :rotfl2:

So, of course you should go with the Poly if that's what your heart wants and all parties can swing the cost! Always do what your heart desires Mo!:goodvibes

However, if your considering other options I just helped a friend book and she ended up at Bay Lake Tower after I did some research! I think it's checks off a lot of your list, the rooms are spacious and all or some have kitchenettes, you can get a lake or park view (!!!), you get Mickey waffles just a tiny stroll away at chef mickeys and probably their QS too (not to mention chef mickeys now has the giant Mickey waffle as big as your face!), and you can't beat transport! You can use the monorail, boats, buses and it's only a 5 min stroll to MK when the monorail is down. Also it's much cheaper than the contemporary. So just a thought, I'd never looked into it before but another one of my friends use it for their DVC points every other year and love it... :thumbsup2

Your HM theme is crazy amazing! I haven't posted on my PTR yet but I've already picked out our MNSSHP costumes for this trip and they're HM!!! I know you'll love!!

Can't wait to read more as I am SUPER PUMPED for this one!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

I'm totally following along for this! :hyper:
I loved your intro!! We are booked for September 2016 so we would overlap! :cool1:

Can't wait to see what resort you end up picking! For my two cents I would go with either the AKL, BC or Poly!

Wow... Page 3... Didn't even know you started this... Sniff, sniff. I'll be back to read when i am not mobile. :)

D~

Hi Mo! Ashleigh here, new to posting on the DIS but I've been a lurker for almost a year- came to your reports via Ariana's reports (wow- I really sound like a stalker!)

555fcbb88d4984908e82f4fe3934c366.jpg

I am so happy you decided to come out of lurkdom!!!
NA you don't sound like a stalker just someone who likes to read reports!

Following along on your two PTRs- your writing is so exciting and vivacious.

HA! thank you so much! I try to keep it interesting!

I'm also planning two trips right now as well- one day I'll get around to writing a TR because I sure take enough pics to write one.

It's tough isn't it? two trips!
I do hope you do decide to write a report and if you do please let me know! I'd love to follow along!

Oh, and my voter orn where to stay for 2016 is for Poly or Animal Kingdom Lodge with the bunk beds or one of the villas. Cheers!

Thank you!!! I am still trying to figure it out as long as it isn't AoA i will be happy.. and Deluxe. I want to be spoiled this time... Is that wrong?!?!

Come say hi on mine now that it's almost over! I actually lurked for over a year before I finally had the nerve to start posting. But since then I've met some of the best people and made some awesome friends! :disrocks:

YES! Dis people are the best on the planet!

The studios are actually kinda cheap for a monorail resort. I was surprised.

And you should come visit us at the CR and check out the pool and rooms

We do want to come and say Hi! I don't think i am really interesting in CR anymore.. just looks like any other room from the pictures

Ok, this is AWESOME!!!

I KNOW!!!
giphy.gif

Love LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Love your dates!! We overlap!! Dis meet!! Woooohoooooooooooooooooooo!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
I am so happy to finally MEET YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

penguins_dance.gif

I'm on my phone or I'd post a really awesome gif for you!

I posted two to make up for your lack of coolness

So, of course you should go with the Poly if that's what your heart wants and all parties can swing the cost! Always do what your heart desires Mo!

I really do... Either i will go where their heart really want to go then i will book a two week poly vacation in 2017-2018 is it sad i am already thinking of my next vacation after this?

However, if your considering other options I just helped a friend book and she ended up at Bay Lake Tower after I did some research! I think it's checks off a lot of your list, the rooms are spacious and all or some have kitchenettes, you can get a lake or park view (!!!), you get Mickey waffles just a tiny stroll away at chef mickeys and probably their QS too (not to mention chef mickeys now has the giant Mickey waffle as big as your face!), and you can't beat transport! You can use the monorail, boats, buses and it's only a 5 min stroll to MK when the monorail is down. Also it's much cheaper than the contemporary. So just a thought, I'd never looked into it before but another one of my friends use it for their DVC points every other year and love it...

BLT (which is bacon lettuce and tomato) is one of my bucket list places i want to stay.. Hay i think i need to post a bucket list i have!!

Your HM theme is crazy amazing! I haven't posted on my PTR yet but I've already picked out our MNSSHP costumes for this trip and they're HM!!! I know you'll love!!

AWWWWWW are they?!? Can't wait to see what you come up with for this!!! I don't know if we will do costumes. and IF they are for it i am positive it will be a tee shirt thing.

Can't wait to read more as I am SUPER PUMPED for this one!!!

I KNOW!!! so am i!

I'm totally following along for this! :hyper:
I loved your intro!! We are booked for September 2016 so we would overlap! :cool1:

Can't wait to see what resort you end up picking! For my two cents I would go with either the AKL, BC or Poly!

WELCOME!!!
tumblr_niypy4fArY1u7gnm9o1_400.gif

I do hope we over lap I do love my Dis meets!!!

I agree with all of your resorts.. i do have to sit them down and really look at the resorts and budget of what they want.

Wow... Page 3... Didn't even know you started this... Sniff, sniff. I'll be back to read when i am not mobile. :)

Sorry! this was an impromptu report. I wasn't going to start it until i have the November one done!
Ended up i needed somewhere to write down my thoughts.

Ahhhh! Another PTR. :rockband:

Take them to the Poly. Our family of 5 fits their beautifully. We've been for 4 long weekends this year and loved it so much!

Ahhhh! Another PTR. :rockband:

Take them to the Poly. Our family of 5 fits their beautifully. We've been for 4 long weekends this year and loved it so much!

yes this one isn't going to be very active right now as i have to get through the November trip!

I am ALL over the Poly as it is by far my FAVORITE resort. Cannot wait to get back there.

There is no news as to this trip just yet. I am still hoping for the Poly. i want to have a meeting with them to go over everything SOON.

Want to at least secure dates and resort. then we will talk about ADR's, anything special they might want to do? don't want to bombard them right now with everything that needs to be done.

I am sure you all have planned trips with newbies.. I do not want to scare them off!

Just wanted to pop in and say I'm following along for this PTR too! I almost feel like a stalker! We both did Disney in September last year, we're both doing November this year, and Nigel wants to end our APs with a September 2016 trip! Haven't picked any dates yet though. :)

Hahahaha... Yes, we totally relate 100%, it's a delicate process bringing somebody new into the world of Disney planning without them freaking out and deciding it's not worth it! ::yes::

Good luck! pixiedust:

WELCOME!!!
tumblr_niypy4fArY1u7gnm9o1_400.gif

I do hope we over lap I do love my Dis meets!!!

Oh Mo.. love this gif... totally makes my day to see Uncle Walt! And I know this wasn't directed at me, but i'm sure everyone else here appreciates it too!
:thanks:

I am sure you all have planned trips with newbies.. I do not want to scare them off!

This is so true. I have a co-worker who just told me she booked a trip in December! DECEMBER! She was asking about # of days in each park, where to eat, etc. I told her to email me her dates and other stuff like how many park days she is planning, and I will give her my suggestions of parks and ADRs. She looked at me like I'm crazy, but I told her I love the planning. And she did seem to appreciate the help. But seemed a little freaked out by my concern that she may have trouble getting ADRs. Haha, little does she know how far in advance us DISers plan our meals! :crazy: I'm sure I am scaring her off a bit, but I'm genuinely concerned! :headache:

Just wanted to pop in and say I'm following along for this PTR too! I almost feel like a stalker! We both did Disney in September last year, we're both doing November this year, and Nigel wants to end our APs with a September 2016 trip! Haven't picked any dates yet though. :)

And you have a picture of all of from last trip! :laughing:

Nope we just know the best times to visit! we are smart planners!!! This time i hope when either of us see each other we will stop for a chat!!!

Hahahaha... Yes, we totally relate 100%, it's a delicate process bringing somebody new into the world of Disney planning without them freaking out and deciding it's not worth it! ::yes::

Good luck! pixiedust:

It is a delicate process! you said is perfectly! last time the people we were supposed to go with freaked out and backed out. HE didn't want to plan a vacation that far out blah blah. But they did go to DL for a day when they were in Cali.
BUT i also haven't talked to them in about a year so i guess it worked out.

Oh Mo.. love this gif... totally makes my day to see Uncle Walt! And I know this wasn't directed at me, but i'm sure everyone else here appreciates it too!

anything Walt is for ALL OF US!!! :thumbsup2
just love this man!!!

This is so true. I have a co-worker who just told me she booked a trip in December! DECEMBER! She was asking about # of days in each park, where to eat, etc. I told her to email me her dates and other stuff like how many park days she is planning, and I will give her my suggestions of parks and ADRs. She looked at me like I'm crazy, but I told her I love the planning. And she did seem to appreciate the help. But seemed a little freaked out by my concern that she may have trouble getting ADRs. Haha, little does she know how far in advance us DISers plan our meals! :crazy: I'm sure I am scaring her off a bit, but I'm genuinely concerned!

YES YES YES!!! it's not that you want to upset them but want them to have the most magical time they can have!!!

I am very excited for this trip.... not to say November isn't going to be awesome with Da GIRLS
I am really looking forward to Sept again!!!

Hi Mo! :wave2:
Jumping in on this PTR, I got soooo far behind on your November PTR, but I'm excited ( and kinda jealous) you have 2 trips your planning! :earseek: Looks like we will miss you by about 10 days as we check into the Poly Sept 30 2016! So naturally..
I'm voting you stay at the Poly too! We were originally booked at WL but the 2 year construction plan scared us away ( it's ok by me!) I'm looking forward to seeing how this trip unfolds! Amazing intro BTW!
Let's hope Sept 2016 is less rainy than Sept 2014!! :umbrella:
Kelly

I've been reading along, and is love this trip!

How fun to be going with another family of 5? And even more fun that they trust your Disney knowledge!!

I hope they're into the Poly! When we take DD for her first trip we want to stay there. I haven't been since I was 9 or 10 years old.

Suggestions for newbie ADRs? I'd say since their kids are a little older stuff like Sci-Fi and 'Ohana would be fun. Maybe a CRT, for the princesses?

Hi Mo! :wave2:
Jumping in on this PTR, I got soooo far behind on your November PTR, but I'm excited ( and kinda jealous) you have 2 trips your planning!

Hi!!! Welcome!
i was going to take 2016 off Yet if someone shows interest in going well ya gotta go right?!?!

Looks like we will miss you by about 10 days as we check into the Poly Sept 30 2016! So naturally..

Bad planning!!! DARN IT! would have loved a dis meet!

check into the Poly Sept 30 2016! So naturally..
I'm voting you stay at the Poly too! We were originally booked at WL but the 2 year construction plan scared us away ( it's ok by me!) I'm looking forward to seeing how this trip unfolds! Amazing intro BTW!
Let's hope Sept 2016 is less rainy than Sept 2014!! :umbrella:
Kelly

YAY the Poly!!! it's just the most beautiful one on property. Hands down. Plus it has Wishes music pumped through? yeah.. Best resort ever.

YOUR NOT KIDDING! dang rain!!! i would like a lot more pictures WITHOUT ponchos!!!

I've been reading along, and is love this trip!

Thank you! I am excited to make this their best trip!

How fun to be going with another family of 5? And even more fun that they trust your Disney knowledge!!

Ha! Disney Knowledge! yes so we will be even. 3 girls and 3 boys. plus us 4 adult kids! perfect!

I hope they're into the Poly! When we take DD for her first trip we want to stay there. I haven't been since I was 9 or 10 years old.

ohh i know they will love every bit of it.. I hope you do go back!!! it's a love that no one gets until you stay there!!!

Suggestions for newbie ADRs? I'd say since their kids are a little older stuff like Sci-Fi and 'Ohana would be fun. Maybe a CRT, for the princesses?

Oh this ADR list is going to be HUGE. we will need to tame it down a bit..

A Trial Run!

Tomorrow we will ALL be going to Six Flags Great America!!! Fun right? Really excited for it! RIDES! CROWDS! HOTTER THEN HOT!

Granted it's nothing like Disney but it can be our trial run! I can watch how they will react with the crowds, what rides they like, heat and lines! Better for Disney planning. Smart eh???

I will let you all know how it all goes!!!

Hi Mo! I somehow missed this report along the way! Ooops!!

I just caught up and am so excited you're in the process of planning your 2016 trip!

I think I would have to vote for Poly too just because I think it would be AWESOME for first timers and also I feel bad you haven't been able to go the last few trips and now its renovated and ready for you!

Second choice- I would have to say one of the Epcot resorts... because it will be easier for the big group of you to get to and from HS and Epcot and also if they are Italian you may be spending more time at Epcot in Italy!

I can't wait to hear about Six Flags :)

Caught up here too! Hope you had a wonderful time at Six Flags!

I will post!!! I promise!

Hi Mo! I somehow missed this report along the way! Ooops!!

I just caught up and am so excited you're in the process of planning your 2016 trip!

I think I would have to vote for Poly too just because I think it would be AWESOME for first timers and also I feel bad you haven't been able to go the last few trips and now its renovated and ready for you!

Second choice- I would have to say one of the Epcot resorts... because it will be easier for the big group of you to get to and from HS and Epcot and also if they are Italian you may be spending more time at Epcot in Italy!

I can't wait to hear about Six Flags :)

Hey there!!
Glad you made it over!! will post about Great America in a minute have to get caught up with work first.

I have to agree with you fully either the Poly or a Epcot resort! I would love both.
Oh I know they will have a ball in Italy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter