Why Not Now? Reaching weight loss and fitness goals in 2016--All Welcome!

Having a fat day. Feeling like I haven't lost anything. I really need some pants and attempted to try jeans on at Old Navy today. I should know better. Very few jeans fit my body type and of course they are not the fun funky ones :( There is a blizzard outside tonight so I will have to resist snacking all night. I got my walk in at the mall this morning before it opened.
Jeans are the worst!!! No give at all (I prefer yoga pants!). And Old Navy's sizes are usually more Junior-ish sizes, so keep that in mind.

Good morning everyone! I so meant to check in yesterday and well that didn't happen :( Great job on the final weigh loss for February everyone! We are all doing such a great job!

I hate jeans too! I would love to walk around in my yoga pants all day, but my DH prefers my jeans so occasionally I put them on. Maybe one day I will learn to like my jeans again. I dunno.

I did weigh again yesterday morning and I was down again, I was at 169.4. Maybe that is a good sign for March, maybe the scale will move for me this month. Tigerlulu, I hope you are right and I am gaining muscle, I am trying hard not to pay too much attention to the scale, it's hard though.

Happy March and keep up the awesome work everyone :)

Well, today just sucks. Lol
I was up two lbs on the scale, I went to my workout, at the end, as I barely started to do a set of crunches, like as I barely started to lift up for the first one, I pulled something in my shoulder. Spent the next hour at the doc, holding my head cockeyed because I can't even hold it up straight, much less even turn it. Sigh.
Came home with my drugs, crawled in bed and turned on the heating pad. And the heating pad is dead. And I can't drive to get a new one.

Just one of those lame days you can't make up. I totally ate a cheeseburger. Lol

Quick check in! I tried on a pair of too small jeans this morning and I was able to button them! Tight and I won't wear them yet, but makes me feel good! My goals are all about clothing and events and it looks like I can wear those jeans on my trip to Newport Beach with dh in April. Super stoked!

Friday morning weigh in! So last week on weigh-in day there was NO change. I got frustrated, so I bought a Fitbit scale so I could watch for a BodyFat change, to not lose motivation when the weight doesn't change. Um, my plan backfired a bit! I lost 3.4lbs.....but my Body Fat went UP!

lol, I can't win!

I am not sure what I did wrong. Maybe too much cardio, not enough calories, and my muscles (what little I had!) turned to fuel.

Down 3.2lbs this week. I am very happy to have a good loss this week since I felt all over this week with my cravings and eating. Stayed in my calories but not very balanced.

@ElenaJane YAY for your loss! I may go to this when I am closer to my goal but I may drive myself nuts. :) I am sure your fat will be back down next week. Those scales are so sensitive I think that if you even stand slightly different it picks up differently. At least that is what I have heard from people.

Down 3.2lbs this week. I am very happy to have a good loss this week since I felt all over this week with my cravings and eating. Stayed in my calories but not very balanced.

@ElenaJane YAY for your loss! I may go to this when I am closer to my goal but I may drive myself nuts. :) I am sure your fat will be back down next week. Those scales are so sensitive I think that if you even stand slightly different it picks up differently. At least that is what I have heard from people.
Congrats!!! Yeah.....let's go with I stood on the scale a little lopsided. I like that. I know the scales are not as accurate as the caliper method, but I am not about to pinch my fat!

Checking in, slow month. I'm at 180 now, so 3 lbs in Feb and 10 lbs total. I've had a good amount of cheat days so I'm just happy for any loss this month! Hoping to step it up, I have 6 more weeks til DH and I go to WDW and I cheer him on while he runs the Star Wars races. I have no desire to run and actually I'll probably sleep through his races since they start before dawn. :D

Having a fat day. Feeling like I haven't lost anything. I really need some pants and attempted to try jeans on at Old Navy today. I should know better. Very few jeans fit my body type and of course they are not the fun funky ones :( There is a blizzard outside tonight so I will have to resist snacking all night. I got my walk in at the mall this morning before it opened.

I used to think Old Navy had good jeans, but I think they've changed them too much for me. I could not find a pair of jeans to save my life. Anywhere. I told DH that I want a soft pair of jeans that fit me right around my big hips, thighs, and butt but aren't so loose on my waist. I also told him I was spending whatever it took to get these dream jeans. I ended up getting the perfect pair at Kohl's and they were...Levi's! My old friend. I don't think Old Navy jeans will ever be in my closet again.

Well, today just sucks. Lol
I was up two lbs on the scale, I went to my workout, at the end, as I barely started to do a set of crunches, like as I barely started to lift up for the first one, I pulled something in my shoulder. Spent the next hour at the doc, holding my head cockeyed because I can't even hold it up straight, much less even turn it. Sigh.
Came home with my drugs, crawled in bed and turned on the heating pad. And the heating pad is dead. And I can't drive to get a new one.

Just one of those lame days you can't make up. I totally ate a cheeseburger. Lol

Hope you are feeling better!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Congrats to all the losers this week :)

I weighed myself today after a week of good exercise and eating, and I am down to 164.6. Yay! Down 2.1 pounds this week from last week. I need to keep it up because my Dietbet is over March 14 and I have 2 pounds to go. I hope I can do it.

This weekend is a pretty calm one. Nothing today, 2 soccer games tomorrow, and church on Sunday. DH is off this weekend, but now he has the nasty cold that I had for 8 days. So, we are going to relax and get some stuff done around the house. We need to file our PA taxes and local taxes as well.

I haven't seen Rose on for a little bit, I hope all is well.

Off to catch up on some dvr'd shows. Have a great weekend everyone!

Jill

Down 1.1 this week as of this morning. Not sure where tomorrow will be I'm starting to bloat due to TOM. 7 lbs and I'll be at my first mini goal weight. I definitely think I can make that by April. WOOHOO

Happy Friday everyone!!! I weighed in this morning and I was down again, I'm at 167.8. March is treating me good so far!!!

Nice weight loss Zoesmamm03, jilbur, elenajane and 5xdisneyfans!!!! Way to go :) Julie m fitting into smaller jeans is also a great feeling.

Keep up the awesome work everyone - I hope I didn't miss anyone either. Great work

Great job, Everyone!!! It's great to hear everyone so enthusiastic!! I'm just marching along. No weight to report for a few weeks, I really think staying off the scale is helping me more, and I'm feeling the change in my work uniform already. :) That's nice. They were getting pretty uncomfortable.

Speaking of clothes... I went ahead and bought a few pieces of clothes for summer (heavily discounted online from last year's stock, whoop whoop). I had to guess a bit on sizes, and did pretty well. Most are just a tinch snug right now and will feel great in another 5-10 pounds. So, I've got something to work toward. I stuck with active wear since we've got a very active vacation planned AND I'll be starting jogging soon (I made a promise to myself to start jogging again when I hit 170 pounds, whether I feel like it or not, lol, and I "should" hit that mark by Easter.)

I've got a closet full of nicer outfits I can wear when I drop a few pounds, and I'm dreaming of getting back into a few of my favorites. :worship: DD is graduating this spring, and I'm hoping a particular cream and coral outfit will fit nicely for that particular event.

What other "little things" are you all looking forward to???? :listen:

Speaking of clothes... I went ahead and bought a few pieces of clothes for summer (heavily discounted online from last year's stock, whoop whoop). I had to guess a bit on sizes, and did pretty well. Most are just a tinch snug right now and will feel great in another 5-10 pounds. So, I've got something to work toward. I stuck with active wear since we've got a very active vacation planned AND I'll be starting jogging soon (I made a promise to myself to start jogging again when I hit 170 pounds, whether I feel like it or not, lol, and I "should" hit that mark by Easter.)

I've got a closet full of nicer outfits I can wear when I drop a few pounds, and I'm dreaming of getting back into a few of my favorites. :worship: DD is graduating this spring, and I'm hoping a particular cream and coral outfit will fit nicely for that particular event.

What other "little things" are you all looking forward to???? :listen:

How great to be shopping for smaller sizes! I haven't done that yet...still "shopping" in my own closet. My DD is also graduating this spring, and have an outfit I hope fits as well.

In fact, I have events this spring that I am looking forward to wearing a smaller size for:
April: a trip to Newport Beach with ds
May: dd's graduation
June: 2 weddings

Julia M

I have a question for everyone. Does anyone use Disney themed music during running/walking? If so what are your favourite ones?

I'm with @Tigerlulu Disney tunes won't cut it for me! I need loud, dance type music to help me pretend I am having "fun"! I will say that I love listening to the Disunplugged Podcasts, and I will only let myself do that while on a walk. I got 3 miles in yesterday listening to the most recent Disneyland one!

Hello again. :) I'm not sure who is running this thread but I would super duper love to get in on the list if it's possible! <3 Can I ask what you usually do? I've been reading your posts and it sounds like you weigh in once a week and set a monthly goal?

I'm at 144 right now after a week or two of ups and downs...but I bought some shirts for our upcoming trip and I'm getting pretty excited. I'm a little afraid to get any shorts because I'm hoping to be in a size or two smaller than I am now before August. *fingers crossed*

What is everyone here doing? I see some are using weight watchers - does anyone else count calories? I've been logging pretty religiously my calories on My Fitness Pal for a couple of years now...even when I go super high over my daily allotment.

I'd like to be 140/139 by April. That's sort of my goal although it might be aggressive now that I'm getting down into lower numbers. *fingers crossed* The weather is warm here and though I haven't been able to fit much in the way of workouts I'm doing well with diet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter