• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why Not Now? Reaching weight loss and fitness goals in 2016--All Welcome!

I've been doing pretty well since starting WW again. Tracking is always a huge help. And I've always liked how their point system helps me compare food values. Do I want this for xx points or that for xx points? It helps me make better choices more often than just counting calories or just fat, etc. I'm still avoiding the scale. I think I did pretty well last week, judging by the response oft he person who weighed me at the meeting, but I haven't looked. For now. lol.

To think about for today...
Do you have foods that you just have to give up or you can't have in the house? I keep hearing Oprah say--I am losing weight and I eat bread everyday--so do you think realistically that every food fits into a healthy diet/ weight loss plan?

I absolutely have foods I cannot keep in the house, things like Pop Tarts or Chips or Sweets. If they are here, I will eventually eat one, and one leads to two, and soon I've eaten the whole bag or whatever. I'm not saying I never eat these things, but I don't buy them for the house. Instead, I'll let myself have a treat at the movies or desert when I eat out. That way, it stays occasional and not part of my regular diet.

It's Friday! :) What did you do 'right' this week? And I know everybody has at least one thing (even me). And what do you need to work on for next week?

Well, I stuck to my points all week. And we're out walking again. We celebrated DS's 16th birthday this week and I got through that with flying colors. Since he isn't a fan of cake anyway, we didn't have any. Instead, we had steak and potato skins (his request) and I was able to make a healthy version I could enjoy. Today, we ran to Cincinnati to do some shopping, and ate out at Cheddars. I'm ate from their light menu (yummy) and didn't touch the croissants. So, I'm feeling pretty good about my day/week.

Good luck to everyone in the week ahead. We can do this!

We had to get my friend's son to skate rink to swap back home for school tomorrow. So I decided to go skate even if my DD wasn't up for it because of having her Saturday all spent out. We did 30 minutes of Just Dance before I left and I skated quite a bit of the two hours we were there but not as much as last week. My rental skates didn't feel right and I didn't bother going to swap them. I'm glad I went even if DD stayed home with her uncle. But that meant I still haven't had time to read and catch up.

We might have already done this one before, but it is still a struggle for me...

What's your favorite healthy breakfast? Does it keep you satisfied until lunch?

I am behind on the replies and the chart. Sorry for the delay. :) I was down a pound last week. So that's two for the year. Sad start, but better than up right? I keep telling myself ....if I only lose half a pound a week for the rest of the year, that is still down at least another 20 pounds. I would love to be 20 pounds lighter at Christmas. :)

I've been enjoying a slice of toasted Ezekiel bread with mashed avocado, a tomato slice and an egg on top the last few days. With a handful of blueberries on the side. But mostly I just drink an isagenix shake. It's easier. Lol

I didn't have a great weekend for eating. But it's really my first bad weekend in 7 weeks, so really, not that big of a deal. I'm pretty sure pms is my problem, including why I worked my tush off last week and didn't lose an ounce. It's discouraging. But just about that time of the month.

Anyway, it's a new week, a new day and we can do this!

Someone asked about the sprializer.
This is the one we bought from amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

We played around with it and it was SO EASY to use! Oh my gosh. My dh cut sweet potato noodles by hand the other night. Took forever. This thing cranked them out in no time. I wanted one that could do harder veggies and not just zucchini and it worked great on a raw potato. The blades store in the machine so it fits easily in a cabinet without a lot of mess. We also spiralized an apple. Tonight for dinner we are having veggie curry with zoodles. :)

I think if anyone is looking to get one, the big thing is to do your research and make sure you get one that will cut what you want it to. Some seem to only cut softer vegetables. I want to be able to cut butternut squash.

Definitely recommend this tool if you like veggie noodles. :)

*Speaking of veggie noodles, we prepared spaghetti squash a different way last time we had it and I was really happy with the results. Sometimes when you roast it I think it gets really soggy. So this time we washed the squash. Cut the ends off and discarded. Then cut the squash in circles, brushed with olive oil and roasted on parchment. Worked so much better. We were able to tell when the squash was the right 'doneness' and it tasted so much better.

Well I think I did pretty good this weekend. I was able to get out and enjoy the great weather we are having. I did some weight exercises on Friday and again on Saturday and then on Sunday I ran 4.52 miles. Eating was pretty good. Friday afternoon, I found myself really wanting to snack on anything I could get my hands on. I resisted the urge because I knew if I started I wouldn't have been able to stop :( Sad but totally true!
My son has basketball practice tonight so I am trying to figure out how to get my workout in while he is practicing. The last couple of practices have been at the rec center and I have been able to run while he does his thing. But tonight they changed it and it's going to be at a school. So I am going to have to see how I can make that work.

I did try almond butter this weekend for the first time! It was surprisingly very good :) I had it on some apples as a snack.

Have a great day everyone! Keep on keeping on :)

We might have already done this one before, but it is still a struggle for me...

What's your favorite healthy breakfast? Does it keep you satisfied until lunch?

I seem to change it and have it for a while and change it again. Today I had a egg on an english muffin with a piece of cheese on it. Lasted all morning. I also like ezekiel raisin toast with cinnamon cream cheese. It is like a treat but sticks with me all morning.

QOTD- I usually have a wedge of cantaloupe and green tea first thing. Beyond that has been either a slice of whole grain tst with eggbeaters or a scooped out bagel with a smear of cream cheese, maybe some fiber one cereal. I love all the bad breakfast foods so I try and just stick to a routine of a few.

I am usually ok for breakfast and lunch but I find dinner and the evening to be tough. That's when I feel hungry and get cravings. No amount of celert helps me them!

I've been slacking and can't remember the last time I weighed in on here, but i'm 181 today, total of 9lbs. Very slow going this month but at least the trend is down. :D I'm still good with the exercise, bad with the food. Going out to lunch today, hopefully i'll be good....... but probably not. Going to Olive garden and I love pasta. We rarely have it because DH has diabetes and tries to avoid it.

DH birthday is today the big 4-0. He wants to go out for lunch rather than dinner but he is in meetings all day today so we are going tomorrow. I am so worried about my calorie intake tomorrow. The places he picked are not low calorie friendly :( He wants either Thai or Indian food. Love both myself but not good for losing weight. Rice, noodles, bread, oil, butter........ oh man. Both restaurants also don't post their nutritional information because they are small local restaurants. Been looking at other websites with the same types of food and wow I am going to have to eat next to nothing for my other two meals to meet my calorie goal for the day. I really want another loss this week.

A suggestion for the folks eating. If you want to have that really tasty, but of-so-bad meal, you can have the restaurant split your meal and serve half on your plate and half in a to-go container. I did this a few times over the years. Most were happy to do it for me. And if not, I just asked for a box and did it myself. This way I got my preferred meal, didn't go crazy on my calories, and got to enjoy my favorite meal again on another day.

As far as breakfast goes, I change it up. A lot.
Some days just coffee.
Or a cup of yogurt.
Occasionally, a piece of toast with PB2 and an apple.
I used to make a lot of veg/fruit smoothies, but I've burnt myself out a bit on that. My favorite was spinach and lemon (with a dash of apple juice and 2T greek yogurt).
I like Cream of Wheat, made with a bit of cinnamon and splenda or some fruit in it.
An omelet (one egg, two whites) with spinach, tomato, onion and pepper, and a sprinkle of cheese on top. That's probably my favorite.

I avoid store-bought bar-type breakfasts because that will set me up for the carb cravings all day long. :confused3

On the weekend I might have pancakes with the family, but I put fresh fruit on top (which I dice, cook up a little and soften) seasoned with a bit of cinnamon. I've never been a big fan of syrup, so this suits me fine and feels more like a treat. I can have 3 4" pancakes for a reasonable amt of calories when I really feel like a "bad" breakfast.

Thursday will be my weigh-in for February at my local WW meeting. I'm really hoping for a good number for the month. I struggled early, but I've been following my plan for the last weeks. DS16 had his birthday last week. We not only had his favorite meal that night (steak and potato skins), but also ate out at Cheddars on Saturday. I planned ahead for both of those and managed to eat well without going over my points.

I wanted to tell everyone Good Luck, but that just doesn't sound right when we're all working so hard. So, I'll just say Keep it up, Youv'e got this... :jumping1:

To think about for today....

You're bored. Or you're stressed out. Or you're tired. Or you're sad. Or your feelings were hurt at work today. You get the picture.
List 5 things you can do rather than eat or overeat if it is meal time.

You're bored. Or you're stressed out. Or you're tired. Or you're sad. Or your feelings were hurt at work today. You get the picture.

Instead of eating you can go for a walk or do an activity with your hands (crafts, drawing...)

At meal time portion control by measuring. Take a smaller plate to put your food on. Take a little of everything and after eating sit for a while until you go get more since you usually will be satisfied with just the smaller amount. Take your time and chew and taste every bite.

Last night I made spaghetti for myself since I have not had it in a while. I measure the dry noodle on the scale and then cooked them. You don't get very much for the calories. I took a lunch plate to put it on so it didn't look so sad on a big plate.Haha. Then when I ate it I took time to really enjoy it. In the past I would take a big plate full and just eat it back like it was nothing. If I were to think about the amount of calories I usually would have when eating pasta it would be close to my daily allowance for calories.

Sleep-if at night.
I color my coloring book-i have to finish the picture which can take a while but it is relaxing
Go on the pc-plan a trip, disboards!
Play with my dog
Go for a walk
Find something good on tv,read

Omgsh friends! I've totally been MIA here. Sorry!

Between work and family, my schedule is very hectic through this weekend. I just wanted to pop on and assure you I am thinking of everyone daily even if I am not here replying. I struggled this week with eating. Too many birthdays and celebrations got to me :( Here's hoping I can get back on track today and kick some butt! I hope everyone is doing well. I'll go back and catch up from my last post after work today. Off to grade some papers I didn't get to last night :thumbsup2

Have a wonderful, healthy day!

Jill

Instead of eating...
I just grab a clementine. They cute my snack craving and have very few calories and I can throw one or two in my purse when I'm busy.

I've also gone for a bike ride, texted friends to vent, made herbal tea...and the biggest is just simply making up my mind not to waiver in my eating. It's all a mental game for me.

While it's not really the end of Feb yet, I'm going with my last February weigh-in at WW for my total loss this month: 9 pounds. Whoop Whoop. I didn't make it to ten, but I'm still excited.
My biggest fail right now is exercise, I'm still not getting out enough yet. I'm averaging about two days a week, and it really needs to be more like five. I know it will improve with the weather, but it's so hard to motivate myself when it's below 30... And I do better with partners, but my schedule doesn't mesh well with most people since I work nights. My next 6 week work schedule is UGLY and I know it's going to be hard to get my activity in, I have five daytime classes/training sessions, and that really messes with my schedule when you are trying to work out sleep patterns for the week.

Hoping I can join in here! This could be a great motivation to reach my goals this summer.

I started off weighing in at 229 pounds about two years ago. I started losing weight seriously, working out - I got down to about 192 and found out I was pregnant with my now 9 month old daughter (she is my fourth and last babe). I continued eating healthy during pregnancy but immediately after having her I had gained and weighed 215. I have since having her continued watching calories, working out, trying to eat healthy. I currently weigh 145 and have lost a total of 84 pounds since I first started. In the beginning my goal was to get to 140 pounds. I'm pretty short, 5'2, and I set that goal originally because I didn't think I could realistically lose any more than that. Now that I'm so close and see how much actual tummy fat I still have, I'd like to get to around 120 - but a fit 120. My goal is by this August when we go on our next trip. This is the last push of a two year haul and so I'm really looking for that final motivation to reach my ultimate goal! :)

Just saying "hello there!" and hoping it's not too late to participate. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter