Why the bad reviews?

My wife and I have been saying the same thing. We'll only have time in the summer next year, and that's too hot for WDW. So it looks like it's time to practice my hula dance.
Well, you can get a 2 bedroom condo on Maui, oceanfront, for the price of the Hojo, Desert Inn, etc........ sure their are other expenses, but DLR used to be the cheaper alternative..... not anymore!

--Lori

Well, you can get a 2 bedroom condo on Maui, oceanfront, for the price of the Hojo, Desert Inn, etc........ sure their are other expenses, but DLR used to be the cheaper alternative..... not anymore!

--Lori
our trip to Aulani was one of our least expensive disney vacations.

A walk up experience means NOBODY from the hotels or with 3-day park hoppers showed up for EMH/MM. Granted, I can only draw from my experiences but I've NEVER seen it without lines which have formed. I have experienced short lines, but there are always lines. I would love to see a walk up EMH. Please take some pics.
I was there that very day, 9/18, at Rope Drop and it wasn't a walk up experience at Rope Drop. Also, that was a DCA MM day. I don't think she's referring to it being a walk-up, but more like she got there before Rope Drop, and was able to get in before the park opened without it being too crazy. It was IN NO WAY a walk-up situation.

I think you misunderstood her post. No big deal though.

This image that the previous poster posted looks to me like it was taken on a day when they were holding people at the rope down at the end of Main Street just before the Hub. From what I remember there is no waiting at the rope for Magic Morning. People are let directly into the park to Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. At least this has been our experience. I will add though that we are usually there early and one of the first at the gates.

Attachments

• DSC_6211 (Large).jpg
    DSC_6211 (Large).jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 18
This image that the previous poster posted looks to me like it was taken on a day when they were holding people at the rope down at the end of Main Street just before the Hub. From what I remember there is no waiting at the rope for Magic Morning. People are let directly into the park to Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. At least this has been our experience. I will add though that we are usually there early and one of the first at the gates.
On 9/19, we were held at the end of Main St until it was time for MM open. We were not allowed into the hub like regular opens.

Am I the only one that prefers DLH to GC? We stayed there once in September 2014 and I just wasn't impressed, honestly. Don't get me wrong, the craftsmanship is beautiful, but I just didn't feel that Disney magic.

It may also possibly be because my mother thinks the winding hallways look like The Shining hotel and it freaks me out. LOL
We LOVE the Grand. I wish the Grand had a pool situation as awesome as the DLH does. We've stayed at both, but the GCH is our home. The DLH is also soo.... far... away..

I've been through a LOT of rope drops, EMH or not. It always varies. In this case, EMH people were allowed into the park prior to the START of EMH, but held at the hub. It's a regular occurrence for any day-light EMH rope drop (dark to my experience always starts at the turnstiles but who knows their methodology.

On 9/19, we were held at the end of Main St until it was time for MM open. We were not allowed into the hub like regular opens.
Exactly... it varies though. Both DL and DCA EMH/MM vary where they hold you.

We LOVE the Grand. I wish the Grand had a pool situation as awesome as the DLH does. We've stayed at both, but the GCH is our home. The DLH is also soo.... far... away..

I actually said that we needed to give it another shot because maybe it had been a fluke. But the pool situation is an issue. My kids LOVE the DLH pools. It was mentioned that maybe we should try PPH but I just can't get excited about the thought for some reason....?

I actually don't mind the walk. I've made it a game to see how fast I can get from security to the gate (8 minutes for those that are counting with lots of traffic, 6 minutes with little traffic). I know. I'm weird. Lol

It looks like the hours for October are significantly better so I hope that helps with crowd levels
I just looked at October's hours and they look great!!! No doubt they will help with crowds. I'm guessing as the Halloween theme wears on, the less the local crowd will rush the evenings as well. Until the Christmas decor starts going up....

It looks like the hours for October are significantly better so I hope that helps with crowd levels
Wow, they actually learned their lesson! Amazing. Let's see what they do next September...

Edit: Looking at the historical hours for October, it was the same situation last year. They're shooting themselves in the foot keeping September's hours so restricted. Probably just trying to save money for the fiscal year end, while making customers upset in the process...

I think mostly this is because of increasing crowds. The increasing prices do not help either. I just got back with my family yesterday. We did a week trip. One day we went to Universal Studios. I take the family every 2 to 3 years. We always go in September to take advantage of the Halloween parties but before the big October crowd increase. I was amazed at how much more crowded it was this year than the last time we went. We ended up packing a lunch every day because the food has become extremely bland and so expensive. Plus you barely get any when you order. We had a great time but it is nothing like it was 6 years ago. If you do not get their by rope drop than the wait times just go up and up. I will get the max pass next time for the entire trip. We were able to do what we wanted, because I had a plan but it is exhausting to stay on top of everything. I am a Disney fanatic but I feel like changes need to be made. I cannot imagine what the crowds will be like when SWL opens.

How can I find historical hours of the parks? Curious as to hours the week after Thanksgiving

And finally, I've always hated the seating/standing arrangements for things like F! and WOC

I know I wish at least for WOC they could build some sort of retractable stadium seating, it makes F! At HS so much more enjoyable.

And I do wish they would replace the large trees in the hub at DLR with lower shrubs to improve views of the fireworks.

Because people have unrealistic expectations purely based on their perception of value of their dollar paid.

I’m not sure about unreasonable but certainly peoples perception of value.

There is a North Pole Express coming to town this Christmas, it is $79 per person regardless of age, I am sure it will be really cute and I would love to do it, but not so much I am willing to spend $400 because I just don’t see it being $400 good. In regards to disney I can see how people can think sure that was fun but was it $130 a person for today fun? (Plus all the additional optional expenses once in the park)

Clueless and rude people with strollers

And as important the clueless rude people who cut in front of them expecting that a stroller can stop on a dime.

Don't be sad! Just be prepared and enjoy what you *can* do. Don't worry about what you can't, but keep an eye on it (rides, etc. that go down) so you can jump on it when they come back up

Yeah and we can roll with that but to be honest I also feel that at the amount they are charging to get in I shouldn’t have to.

And they used to be so good at it, good at the fix even if something went wrong, they were the best at making it up.
Rides go down and you can be stuck on them for 20+plus minutes have to walk off and don’t get any sort of FP for another ride anymore.
RSR broke down mid ride, we sat in the dark (inside just after mater by the tractor) for over 5 minutes. Then it just started again, once upon a time they would have put those cars throug again so we got a proper ride but nope.

My problem is that people crowd right in front of strollers (and ECVs). Especially when it's crowded, more than just a few will step right in front of the stroller trying to get in/out of the park. And when they get hit, they give me the look or say something. I once upon a time, I was apologetic. But these days, I just throw it right back at them. STROLLERS ARE PEOPLE TOO!

Word!

The expectations have stayed the same and the costs have gone up. I don't think that's unrealistic.

I think this is an issue. Paying a premium for EMH only to have none of the attractions up is SQUARELY on Disney's shoulders. They should have been handing out return passes or something in that event. They just don't care even when they could correct this proactively or through no-cost-to-them solutions (return passes). There is ZERO reason for an attraction to not be open, staffed, and operational at park open provided Disney has done two things correctly...1. Proper maintenance Schedules. 2. Proper Staffing levels.

:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter