Wilderness Lodge (BRV and CCV) owners are getting shafted

I recall that the original WL -hotel side was often at less than 50% full. Very much the same as AK - hotel side and the Poly before the DVC units came along. That is why they are making them into DVC units. I expect the south wing of the Contemporary to become a DVC BLT-2 some day as well.

DVC means there is wnsured contribution to upkeep.

It is interesting that the original pool split was what it was, but I do not feel like the shift is a big deal. It is more consistent.

BWV has usually been held up as the worst counter service at Disney, but I've always thought Wlderness Lodge gave it some steep competition. Its far too small for the resort and was before they added rooms. Roaring Forks broke us for Disney resort counter service.

When did BWV add counter service? They have only had a pool bar.

They've always had the BW Bakery as counter service. When Flying Fish was redone, the BW Bakery moved down the Boardwalk a few doors and expanded.

Sure, but nothing in the BWVs the only DVC without any.

Well, if you think going outside means that it isn't in the BW Villas, than BCVs also doesn't have any nor does VWL or SSR or OKW - you have to leave the Villas and go outside to get to the main buildings where the counter service is located.

WL has 2 fast food locations, SSR has 3, OKW has 2. I did miss VGF they don't have any either.

WL has 2 fast food locations, SSR has 3, OKW has 2. I did miss VGF they don't have any either.

BWV has the Bakery, the poolbar, the pizza window, the hot dog cart, the Bellevue Lounge for breakfast, Ample Hills, and a Funnel Cake stand - I'm not sure where you are getting none. Only the Bellevue room is accessible from inside the resort, but that is the case with BCV, VWL, SSR, VGF, the Poly, OKW and VAKL-Jambo as well - you need to go outside to get to the food.

Yeah. I mean, Poly, you are leaving the building to find food. BLT you have the skyway but it is still a different building unless you stretch the point on TOTW. Saratoga. Etc.

It is about amenity on-resort, not in any specific buildings.

Ah, now you've caught on to Disney's diabolical plot!

Though transitioning rooms from hotel to DVC makes sense. All things being equal, every dvc contract they sell means one less hotel guest. Ideally Disney wants to keep growing the DVC membership AND adding hotel business, but that's easier said than done. Overall they are still in a growth mode with new DVC additions/conversions joined by Art of Animation and Coronado Springs on the hotel side. But I don't think it's realistic to add 300 new DVC villas every 2-3 years AND maintain (or grow) their hotel business.

Bottom line: Demand for WL will drop as many of its fans buy into Copper Creek. The new and old villas are bookable by cash guests. But yes, Disney would like nothing more than to be able to charge more for WL hotel rooms given the smaller supply.

I think the move to include Disney springs good neighbor hotels as essentially home resorts is all part of this plan. Take rooms away from Disney properties for DVC, but keep getting money from outside resorts.

With that logic then SSR has all of Disney Springs for food service

And Boardwalk has the Y&BC and the Swan and Dolphin. Which restaurants are on property?

Which DVCs have counter service places that the majority of guests can get to without walking outside (and a covered walkway doesn't count, that is still outside)?

That is why I said "on resort." DS is not part of SSR. Geyser Point is part of VWL/WL/CCV.

OK - must comment....

As BRV DVC owners? We have both Artist's Point, and Whispering Canyon, as locations for dining....

BOTH may be booked with Ressies. The rest? Don't care. We have two solid Restaurants.
We also have CABS.... anytime our Home Resort fails, on dining? No problem. We go elsewhere :).

"All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong." You will do as you chose to do.

you ask me....people who stayed at Wilderness Lodge are the ones who are getting shafted. Half of the rooms they used to be able to book are now DVC. This puts increased demand on WL rooms, which increases rates.
This is exactly why I chose to book there last February at a great rate. I think it was like $225 a night, taxes included. Also got a room where we watched the fireworks every night. I knew after the DVC was done, the prices would increase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter