Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom

I am going to Disney in July. It will be myself and my friend. No husbands or children (not that our children are "children" mine are 23 and 19 and hers is almost 19). Right now we are booked at Wilderness Lodge. Looking at the discount that they added, Wilderness Lodge wasn't included in the discount. And looking back (ya know, back before the world came to a screeching halt and they had discounts) WL hasn't been included, or, if it has, it's been a 15% discount. I love staying at Animal Kingdom. I've never stayed at WL. Do I change, now to AKL, and then add the discount IF it comes out OR do I keep WL and see what kind of discounts that they offer (if they offer any)?
Those are my two favorite resorts. They are different, but equally special. If you are a picky eater, then WL has better food options and the better location. But nothing is as magical as waking up on the Savanna for our family. If one had a discount and one didn't, I would be tempted to book the one with the discount.

Reactions: Kae
Those are my two favorite resorts. They are different, but equally special. If you are a picky eater, then WL has better food options and the better location. But nothing is as magical as waking up on the Savanna for our family. If one had a discount and one didn't, I would be tempted to book the one with the discount.
Nothing can top sitting on the balcony and watching the animals. Giraffes are my favorite. Based on pricing, right now, WL is still cheaper even with the discount. I know that people say that you don't have to have a Savannah view if you are staying at AKL, but if I'm staying there, I want the view. So, we will stay at WL, unless a great discount comes out, and visit AKL. Boma for dinner works for me!

Having stayed at both WL has a slight edge for us we enjoy the boat to MK and the dining choices we really enjoy Geyser Point. We would not do AKL without a Savanah view. For us it is a big reason for staying there.

Have not stayed at WL but stayed once at Animal Kingdom and our room was a pretty long trek from lobby.

We stayed at WL over the XMas holiday and it was nice. We enjoyed the walking trails, boat rides to Contemporary and MK. Once at Contemporary, you can catch the monorail to Poly and GF.

We have stayed at both over the years. Disney has changed significantly over the last few years to benefit Disney, not their customers. Room rates have been raised, so high that any discount will not offset the increase and do not think will match discounts of the Disney we knew based upon Florida resident discounts we see now. Expect the rate you get now to be very close to the rate you end up with. Despite this new Disney branding we would recommend WL. Pay less and save time to get to the parks with more transportation option and shorter travel times

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter