Will the shower soap/shampoo/lotion dispensers be put into DVC rooms?

We were in Bwv standard studio last week and they still had individual bottles

Just got back from Kidani, Room 7908. (Stayed 2/15-2/22/19) We still had the individual 2oz bottles in our room...but we did see the 'refillable' bottles in a cart on the 1st floor while walking to the bus stop. Not sure how far they've made it through the resort.

At Pop they only had a large pump of body wash which I hate.

Is DVC going this route as well? I don’t want to have to travel with/buy soap as it was a pain to swap the facial soap bar btw the shower & sink :sad2:

Lord I hope they don't change from the individual bottles to pumps/dispensers. When this "idea" first was mentioned I cringed. I contacted Member Services and surprisingly did get a reply. I pointed out (as I'm sure many others did too) the sanitary reasoning behind the individual bottles. Fingers crossed it doesn't come to fruition.

At Pop they only had a large pump of body wash which I hate.

Is DVC going this route as well? I don’t want to have to travel with/buy soap as it was a pain to swap the facial soap bar btw the shower & sink :sad2:

That likely is what they plan. I consider the bar soap an amenity of the room and would have called for another one. And I will if we aren't provided one for the shower and one for the sink. I too do not particularly care for body wash soaps.

I was very concerned about this being done because I could just imagine all the gross things people could put into those bottles for the next unsuspecting person :sick: BUT I was pleasantly surprised when I saw a pic on here that someone had posted that showed the containers in jail :laughing: They were in a silver holder that locked over the bottles. So that being said, I’m fine if it rolls out to DVC:scratchin
The keys cost less than $15.00 and are easily found on the internet.

They installed the pumps at Kidani earlier this week - shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. They seemed to be fine.

The keys cost less than $15.00 and are easily found on the internet.
Never even thought of the fact that someone could put something maliciously in the bottles, that's sick! SAD to have to think that way!>:( I hope that Disney thinks of security precautions.

Never even thought of the fact that someone could put something maliciously in the bottles, that's sick! SAD to have to think that way!>:( I hope that Disney thinks of security precautions.

Couldn't people also do something with the small bottles without needing any sort of key? I'm guessing full small bottles are just left for the next guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter