Will the shower soap/shampoo/lotion dispensers be put into DVC rooms?

I'm much more worried about a 10 year old thinking its hilarious to take a wee in there than anything else.
Based on how I've seen this done elsewhere, you need a semi-unusual screwdriver to open the frame that holds the bottles. The picture of the bottles in SSR above suggests Disney did something similar. What's more, if they are placed roughly where other hoteliers have placed them, that 10 year old either needs world-class "water pressure" or a step stool to hit the top of the bottle :-)

(Translation: plenty of other hotels already do this, and there hasn't been any great hygiene problem that I know of...)

Never underestimate the cleverness of a teenager with a large paperclip and possibly a pair of pliers who is highly motivated. Just saying. Security by obscurity is never a good plan. It keeps most honest" people out, but so would just leaving large bottles with "Kindly leave in place for our next guests. Have a magical stay!" on the label. Those aren't the people that concern me to begin with. :)

JMO but a "guest" who is going to buy a special tool in order to open the shower caddy is doing so in order to continue his tradition of complimentary Disney shampoo, for home use. Drive to Home Depot, buy a specialized tool just to do a "joke" without being around to observe your work? Unlikely.

I'm far more worried, but not much, about kitchen workers being ill and/or not following proper sanitary rules. Guest behavior at buffets and condiment "buffets".

JMO but a "guest" who is going to buy a special tool in order to open the shower caddy is doing so in order to continue his tradition of complimentary Disney shampoo, for home use. Drive to Home Depot, buy a specialized tool just to do a "joke" without being around to observe your work? Unlikely.

I'm far more worried, but not much, about kitchen workers being ill and/or not following proper sanitary rules. Guest behavior at buffets and condiment "buffets".

Ha - if you're really worried about food quality and contamination don't ever eat at a buffet.

So tacky. Am I at a Disney Deluxe resort or my local gym?
Exactly and I think everyone that feels this way should comment about it directly to Disney, things will only change when they get enough complaints.

By the way given the price of the bottles, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a rash of people taking them from these holders and it really wouldn't be hard to figure out how to get into them.

While Disney calls their deluxe resorts, the rooms are really quite not-deluxe.

I love the idea of the multiple use bottles. Too much waste otherwise.

The dispensers cause a problem for me. As you get the liquid out, some invariably fall to floor of tub, making it slippery. Not good, especially with no grab bars.

I agree that it is just tacky. Truly high end hotels are not making this switch. Just hotels that pretend to be high end. It is also pretty obvious to me that this is a cost saving measure hiding under cover of "environmentalism." When Disney stops selling plastic toys in their stores, I will believe that they are against plastic. I am personally a champion of plastic. It's an incredible development that allows modern society to function. From catheters to automobiles, heart stents to running shoes, eye glasses to bulletproof "glass," heat resistant equipment to legos, plastics are brilliant and I am never going to join the chorus of plastic haters!

The single-guest bottles currently in use aren't equipped with a tamper-resistant seal. If housekeeping finds a set of toiletries that have been arranged to appear unused, I doubt they are trained to dispose of them and replace with new.

If there's a fear of contamination, how do you protect against the possibility that small bottles had been tampered with by a previous guest?

The new larger tube bottles do not have a recycle number on them so our recycle service will not take them. Yep, I take home any unused small 2 oz. tubes that are placed in my room, I am always surprised at how many we are given in our room during our 10-14 night stays.

I am one that thinks it is a great idea to switch to these dispenser bottles as less plastic will be going into the landfills. But I would much rather have a bar of soap in the shower than bath gel. I am beginning to think the bath gel is mainly water.

Last edited:
The dispensers cause a problem for me. As you get the liquid out, some invariably fall to floor of tub, making it slippery. Not good, especially with no grab bars.

Since this is a safety hazard, did you report it to Member Satisfaction? I think they should be informed.

We just used them at Port Orleans riverside. No issues at all. Hold hand under and pump, not that much comes out in each pump. My 6 year old could get it too.

Ok, I'm trying to read all the pages, but not seeing an what I was hoping for. BUT, it does relate to the shampoo and conditioner. So the rooms use the little bottles or big bottles? I only ask as me and both my girls have super long hair. And I domdo want mouse keeping to think I'm hoarding the stuff, and having to constantly ask for me

Ok, I'm trying to read all the pages, but not seeing an what I was hoping for. BUT, it does relate to the shampoo and conditioner. So the rooms use the little bottles or big bottles? I only ask as me and both my girls have super long hair. And I domdo want mouse keeping to think I'm hoarding the stuff, and having to constantly ask for me
They are about pint size or 20 oz size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter