Will the Tuesday Show Return?

I looked forward to a new show starting. I haven't listened since Aprill 22, 2013, when I sat next to Pete at a table in Pizzafari and had to hear his side of a phone converasation with someone (he made no effort to talk quietly or keep his words private). And that's all I'll say.

LOVED the show that dropped last week from DAK. I really enjoyed the conversation and hearing the park sounds in the background. It felt more alive and exciting than anything in a studio.

While I am glad that the "Tuesday show" will return in some form (I think you need a regularly scheduled "anchor" show as part of your overall content), I would hope that doesn't mean that whatever new name and format it becomes isn't necessarily married to Tuesday at 1pm. Almost any other day/time would probably allow for more viewers.
It isn't necessary to listen to the podcast live. I'm sure that what ever day and time or name they use it will be uploaded for viewing at anytime. I rarely watched the former podcast live or any other Disney vlogger.

So wait... is the show coming back through Zoom because John told Craig that they don't need a studio? I thought Craig kept saying that the whole "we need a new studio" thing was 100% real??

Great to hear it is coming back. A studio is night and day vs Zoom, but I'll take what we can get... and many of us miss the Tuesday fix.

Full honesty/every good thread needs a complaint - I hope there is a variety of voices beyond Craig/Ryno/Erica. I am a fan of this group, but they are driving all the content now everywhere, so it would be nice to mix up the perspectives, chemistry, etc. A little healthy debate once in a while never hurt anyone.

So wait... is the show coming back through Zoom because John told Craig that they don't need a studio? I thought Craig kept saying that the whole "we need a new studio" thing was 100% real??

Your answer is here, in Corey's post earlier in this thread:
This issue with the studio is multi-faceted. Our initial intention was to relaunch (now with a rebrand) in a new studio space that was accommodating, but finding a spot that fits our specific needs and budget has been a challenge in the Orlando market. So, instead of just waiting and leaving y’all hanging, we are going to pull the trigger and relaunch virtually for the time being, so that we can all be included in the shows. Craig is working with us to ensure that our shots, lighting, and sound meet his standards. While this wasn't our first choice, we are accepting the challenges at hand and working around them.

It isn't necessary to listen to the podcast live. I'm sure that what ever day and time or name they use it will be uploaded for viewing at anytime. I rarely watched the former podcast live or any other Disney vlogger.

I will just add the format needs to change then if it isn't live. They were treating more like a radio show in the past which worked well for live.

Possibly take what would be a Tuesday show of 1 hour, record it on a single day, then release the shows in 8-10 min segments the entire week.

There are a couple cruise channels out there like that and the shorter video is easier to consume and leads to more ability for the host to find content since if nothing is in the news you normally can still find something for a shorter single segment.

We do need a new studio and are looking for one. I'm unsure where the "we don't need a studio" came from. In one of our meetings, John mentioned that we don't need to wait for a new studio to relaunch the Tuesday show, so we are doing virtual to bridge the gap.

During a live stream on Patreon, I said there isn't the pressure to do everything out of a studio. This was during a portion where I discussed the potential of Off the Rails returning and now that we're embracing remote when it works we have a better potential to do that show or something like it.

The goal is to be in a new studio that is compatible with our needs and convenient for all of us. The show must go on before, so we are going to do remote shows until we are in a new studio. In an ideal world, I would love to wait for a studio, but a lot of people are ready for it to return and it's important to the business. The chemistry isn't quite as strong as when we are all in a room together but we will be soon. A studio will always be our go-to place but if remote can work for certain shows then we will utilize it.

I will just add the format needs to change then if it isn't live. They were treating more like a radio show in the past which worked well for live.

Possibly take what would be a Tuesday show of 1 hour, record it on a single day, then release the shows in 8-10 min segments the entire week.

There are a couple cruise channels out there like that and the shorter video is easier to consume and leads to more ability for the host to find content since if nothing is in the news you normally can still find something for a shorter single segment.
In terms of the idea of releasing the shows in smaller segments, if we were only focused on video then yes, but it's also a very successful audio podcast considering that's how it started. I know there's a format that could work where we blend the two but we are creating one product for two different mediums and that presents unique challenges. I'm never opposed to cutting down on run time but it would be another situation of you can't please everyone. For every person who prefers shorter-form content, there's another who prefers long. Some people would probably prefer to pick and choose in shorter form whereas other people would be turned off by having to wait or click through multiple videos to get what they used to out of one.

Fair enough - appreciate the responses!

A few years ago, I attended the first in-studio show on I-Drive (in the same complex as Merguez) with a WDW vlogging/blogging/online company. The fee was negligible, I'm within driving distance and the ticket proceeds went to GKTW. The studio held about 20 of us (including staff) and was approximately a 3-hour get together (it was broadcast live at night). Naturally, I was a guest, so I had no exposure to the costs and logistics to set it up.

But there was energy in the room for sure. There were some skits, WDW news, WDW rumors and audience participation games with little trinkets as prizes. We also had some free will on what to bring food/drink wise, so it made it more like a common gathering. I just brought a couple boxes of chocolates while others made some pretty elaborate snacks.

Certainly, I am not suggesting anything of the like for this new(er) show. But rather, share my personal insight and how enjoyable it was using that particular show model.

Ya know...if you guys (speaking collectively) can pull this off, make it work, and make it work well, your haters are going to hate you even more. They want to see you fail. Don't indulge their dream. Success is the best revenge. :cool:
(shout out to the lurking haters from you-know-where. We see ya, boo. :wave2:)

I just watched the news video of the bear in Magic Kingdom, and all I kept thinking was I wish the weekly show was on, because you all would have a field day with this one! lol Can't wait until you return in some form. And absolutely NO to the short video clips thru the week. I want my hour show once a week! Just my 2 cents. I sift through all the other content when I get a chance.

I just watched the news video of the bear in Magic Kingdom, and all I kept thinking was I wish the weekly show was on, because you all would have a field day with this one! lol Can't wait until you return in some form. And absolutely NO to the short video clips thru the week. I want my hour show once a week! Just my 2 cents. I sift through all the other content when I get a chance.
I'm with you on not having the show cut up and released through the week. but I do know of other YouTube channels that will have a live show, then after wards will cut the show up in to different segments by the different topics they talked about. then release those smaller videos with titles specific to the topic. sometimes in a different YouTube channel. Which I like that. sometimes I want to go back to something they said and it's not easy to find because you cant remember what week they said it or when in the video it was mentioned. This will also generate more views from people searching specific topics. I think Linus Tech Tips does this or one of thier various channels does.

The feeds will remain the same.
Apologies for my YT ignorance: I'm subscribed to "the DIS Unplugged" so when I open YT, the show used to pop up at the top of the list when scheduled/goes live. What name should I start searching for in the YT to find the Tuesday 1pm show? If a name isn't selected yet, would you mind giving us a heads up on it so we can put it in the search bar?Thanks so much! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter