Will you sell some of your presently owned points for CRV?

Will you sell some of your presently owned contracts to buy CRV if it is announced.

• Yes, I will sell some of my points to buy CRV.

• No, I will not sell any of my points to buy CRV.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Some of the responses have reminded me of Lady Macbeth. How could anyone dislike a proposed beautiful new resort on the monorail and walking distance from the MK that much? Maybe those posters are trying to convince themselves that they are really happy enough with the resorts they own.

LOL! I'm surprised at some of the responses as well. I'm curious as to how many of the folks who have "no interest at all" in the resort have ever stayed at the CR or at a monorail resort. A monorail DVC resort with views of Bay Lake and the MK can't be that terrible, can it? It's not like it's stuck far away from any parks with nothing to see out your window but grass, hoofstock, and birds. ;) I'd much rather be at a resort I can walk to the MK from, ride a monorail to Epcot from, sit on the beach at, or go parasailing and boating from. Thankfully, DVC has something for everyone's tastes.

Voted "no" - we need to add on anyway in order to have 11 month res.window @ 3 different resorts (we like to shake things up just a bit;) as to where we stay).

Unless there is a minimum purchase requirement over 50 points (hope not; think they could institute it & still sell out quickly-may need bigger buy in due to point requirements anyway) we'll stand pat. Otherwise, one of our existing ones will have to go on the block.:sad2: s

We will not sell our current points but rather add on 100 or so for the times with the grandchildren. All the other other times will be near Epcot.

I voted no. I realize any potential CRV resort would be very nice, but after walking through the Contemporary a few times, I just don't care for the theming. Not my cup of tea, I guess, despite the great location. Now a Poly DVC.....that might be a different story......:goodvibes

Not selling any DVC at the moment, nor do I plan on buying CRV when it becomes available.

LOL! I'm surprised at some of the responses as well. I'm curious as to how many of the folks who have "no interest at all" in the resort have ever stayed at the CR or at a monorail resort. A monorail DVC resort with views of Bay Lake and the MK can't be that terrible, can it? It's not like it's stuck far away from any parks with nothing to see out your window but grass, hoofstock, and birds. ;) I'd much rather be at a resort I can walk to the MK from, ride a monorail to Epcot from, sit on the beach at, or go parasailing and boating from. Thankfully, DVC has something for everyone's tastes.

Did a monorail resort. The GF.

WORST Disney experience EVER!!!!! (Bar none! And that includes the time the CSR manager tired to convince me that a room without power was not really a problem. :lmao: ) Resort was lovely, I had a partial view of the MK. HATED waiting on the monorial, the change at the TTC is a pain. Give me a resort I can walk to Epcot from any day.

Service was HORRID. (The folks working the All Star front desk know more and are much nicer IMHO!)

So... been there done that, don't have to ever do it again.

We stayed at the Poly (2x) and CR (1) when the kids were growing. We just like VWL much, much better:goodvibes

As far as selling. I mentioned to DH that maybe we could sell some ____ (really, I didn't know which resort to sell, but we do have lots of smaller contracts in our main contract) points for the BCV points that we just got on the waiting list for, and he said that the time has not come to start divesting himself of his DVC! I was very surprised.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Did a monorail resort. The GF.

WORST Disney experience EVER!!!!! (Bar none! And that includes the time the CSR manager tired to convince me that a room without power was not really a problem. :lmao: ) Resort was lovely, I had a partial view of the MK. HATED waiting on the monorial, the change at the TTC is a pain. Give me a resort I can walk to Epcot from any day.

Service was HORRID. (The folks working the All Star front desk know more and are much nicer IMHO!)

So... been there done that, don't have to ever do it again.

CarolA - I also do not like and won't stay at the GF.

believe the CR and Polyn are not like the GF at all - less :snooty: and you don't feel you have to dressed in your Sunday best to leave the room. although I do want to dress a little more at the Polyn than the CR. at the CR hey the view is the thing. everything else is just there.

Very funny, CarolA!

Just a note, it wasn't meant to be funny and the whole experience was not fun!!! Glad you enjoyed it, glad you didn't have my stay!:goodvibes

I was not concerned about how I was dressed etc. I was expecting a nice hotel for the price. I got the staff with an ATTITUDE. I have stayed at VERY nice hotels and loved them IMHO if you want "deluxe" in Orlando either wait for the Four Seasons or head over the Ritz. (I have done the Ritz while in Orlando for a meeting. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED IT!!

Now, the Monorail and location of the potential CRV don't interest me. Truth be told the park I spend the LEAST time in.... Magic Kingdom.

Stayed at CR twice and Poly once and have a stay booked for GF. All are very nice. And if DVC did a monorail resort I would certainly stay there. But I have no real need to own a DVC resort on the monorail.

I have been delighted to find out that my small contracts, 25, 45, and 50 points are selling well. I have sold two and the other one has had some interest.

I still think that the prices and amount of interest in resales will suffer if CRV is announced, even though only about 10% of you plan to sell contracts to raise money to buy CRV.

:cool1:

We started going to WDW in '78 and for the first few years stayed ONLY at the monorail resorts (that's all that was available :laughing: ). We enjoyed them very much, especially because MK was Disneyworld! As our children got older, and WDW expanded, we tended to stay at YC/BC more, since Epcot and then MGM became a more significant portion of our park visits. Now that they have all flown the coop, unless we have them and their children along, we tend to spend very little time at MK.
Our last add-on was AKV, mostly because we enjoy animals and we appreciate the "isolation" of the resort. Just as AKV wouldn't appeal to those who want easy access to MK, CRV wouldn't necessarily appeal to those who don't.
Will we stay there? Yes, if we can get accommodations at 7 months when some of our family joins us; if not, we'll use Disney transportation to MK from whichever home we've booked.
:goodvibes

I would not sell my BWV points for anything... Location, location,location....
However, I would NOT mind staying at CRV every once in a while, it too has a good location, but MK is not my thing anymore... I love Epcot and MGM too much now...
But, for the grandkids (when ever that happens), I could see my kids staying there at CRV... But that is years from now...

DeerH

Wouldn't sell any points to buy CRV, nor would I do an add-on. Already have a MK area DVC resort, so the next purchase would be BCV...an Epcot area DVC resort.

Nope, I wouldn't sell my points for CRV. We already own at our two favorite places. CRV just doesn't hold any interest for us. If we were to buy more points (a possibility) it would probably be as an add-on to AKV.

My husband also has zero interest in staying there. I think it would be kind of cool to stay there maybe one time, but we only go to MK one half day per trip, so it wouldn't be very convenient to get to our two favorite parks which we can walk to from our home resort BWV. For us, BWV has the best location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter