• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will you sell some of your presently owned points for CRV?

Will you sell some of your presently owned contracts to buy CRV if it is announced.

• Yes, I will sell some of my points to buy CRV.

• No, I will not sell any of my points to buy CRV.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Those who want CRV for the location. Others who have no interest in CRV because of lack of theming. So it appears there is a divide of Location vs. Theming.

Me, I much prefer AKV due to theming, but am not interested in CRV despite location. IMO, none of the DVC's have a bad location, and everything is pretty close to any of them. YMMV

yes but you can only WALK to the MK from CR. I let BCV go by - not letting CRV.

No interest in owning there at all. MIGHT try a stay there once, but really not feelin' the vibe from that resort.

Nope, i just don't understand why there iare such strong feeling towards that resort. There is not allot of atmosphere and ity is basically a rectangular hunk of cement with a hole in the middle. I understand the location is close to Magic Kingdom, but that is all I can see.

I know lots of people have very fond memories associated with it, but we're not in that group.

The giant toaster theme is not quite my cup of tea (though my kids think it's the coolest thing that the monorail goes through it!) However, the location is one of the best on the entire property. The new building "might" turn out looking great - we'll wait til it's up to decide on that. Hopefully the room decor will be nice and comfortable - again we'll have to wait and see. One thing's for sure though: it will have great views - both towards MK and towards Bay Lake. And other posters are right - there is nowhere else from which you can walk to MK. My personal preference would be a DVC at the Poly, or a new DVC resort on the monorail/near MK, but since neither of those seems to be happening and CR at least has a chance, I think we'll take it.

We sold 100 pts of SSR to obtain 180 at BCV. I really did not like the process enough to do it again. We would like to stay there, but we have enough total points for now.

Would not sell BWV points, but would def. consider an add on...:goodvibes

We now own at our 2 favorite resorts. We would never sell or add on. We are very happy with what we have. Don't care for the Contemporary all that much. JMHO :cheer2:

I'm with lots of others . . . I'll add on, but I'm not selling by BWV.

I voted "Yes". We just bought 100 AKV points and we'll buy (*knock wood*) 100 CRV points when they come out. To pay for it all we're selling our 230 OKW points. I will be very sad not to be an OKW owner any more, but I am very happy to be an AKV owner. AKL is my DH's favorite resort and selling OKW is the only way we could afford it.

ETA: Just as AKL was my DH's favorite resort, the Contemporary is mine :).

Nope, will not sell any of my points, and I have no interest in buying anything at CR should they build a DVC there. I have no interest in staying there (it's too far from my favorite park, Epcot).
ITA - We can be at WDW for 12-14 days and barely spend 1/2-day at the MK - if at all. I didn't vote as there wasn't a category for: No - not interested at all in buying CRV

We're Epcot and AK fans (MGM is ok too). I guess that's why we own BWV and AKV. :woohoo:

It depends on the buy it now price and the anual dues. It may be cheaper to simply trade into CRV, if and when they build it.

Nope not for us. We may want to stay there someday but I wouldn't buy points there.

Amy

I just dont get the fuss with this resort:confused3

I completely agree! No offense to those that love it but the CR does absolutely nothing for me.

If the AKV couldn't tempt me to buy more points no Disney resort ever will. We own at OKW and HH and are perfectly happy with what we have.

I completely agree! No offense to those that love it but the CR does absolutely nothing for me.

If the AKV couldn't tempt me to buy more points no Disney resort ever will. We own at OKW and HH and are perfectly happy with what we have.

Not my cup of tea either. Now if they annouce CA DL it will be another story.

We won't buy or sell - no CRV for us. I don't think I'll be able to convince my DH to leave his beloved VWL for even a night. :rolleyes:

Nope! We won't sell any of our BCV points or buy any additional points if and when CRV becomes a reality. While it would be nice to be able to walk to the MK, I don't particularly like the CR and I really don't like the "proposed" high-rise.

Donna

NO interest for us either. I think the monorail would be nice, but I would rather own at an all-DVC resort. I'm holding out for one in the future that appeals to us. We would consider AKV possibly, but am hoping for something else.....

Some of the responses have reminded me of Lady Macbeth. How could anyone dislike a proposed beautiful new resort on the monorail and walking distance from the MK that much? Maybe those posters are trying to convince themselves that they are really happy enough with the resorts they own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter