Wine and Dine 2015

The race will end outside of Epcot with a short walk to the front entrance. Where to leave your bag depends on your finish time. They have improved the bag pickup since the beginning of this race, but if you will finish around the average time of 2 hours 30 mins, I would recommend to have your husband keep it. My wife and I will leave drop our bags since we both run, but pack a wash cloth and hand towel to wash up a bit in the bathrooms once inside the park.

My run time is really slow! Last corral. So I guess that means my husband should meet me at the finish line and hand me my bag and the I can change and wash up in the park?

The race will end outside of Epcot with a short walk to the front entrance. Where to leave your bag depends on your finish time. They have improved the bag pickup since the beginning of this race, but if you will finish around the average time of 2 hours 30 mins, I would recommend to have your husband keep it. My wife and I will leave drop our bags since we both run, but pack a wash cloth and hand towel to wash up a bit in the bathrooms once inside the park.

This kinda made me chuckle last night when I read it. My first wine and dine (and I think my second too) I was like "ok, we're outside of Epcot, here comes the finish line soon. Oh here's a big laser and foggy area and lady gaga power song, the end must be right around the corner lets speed up! What? Another corner? Wait- where's the finish? Still not the finish?! ***? Where's the finish!!!!?!" They changed it slightly in 2013 and I don't remember it being that bad but it was just so funny to me bc my first race I thought it was going to be right outside and it soooooo wasn't. :)

Many years ago they had an inflatable Spaceship Earth on World Drive, half way back from Magic Kingdom. This was on an out-and-back 1/2 marathon, Epcot to MK and back, course. All I could think is we really made good time to get to the "Ball" this fast. Imagine my disappointment when I found out we still had like three or four miles to go.

WampDFinish.jpg

sources:
https://www.google.com/maps/@28.3764001,-81.5476759,345m/data=!3m1!1e3

http://www.usatf.org/events/courses/maps/showMap.asp?courseID=FL12026TY

http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/wine-and-dine-half-marathon/2015_WnD_Program.pdf (p24 printed)

I remember seeing someone posted some really nice shirts that had made for a previous Disney race. Does anyone know what site they used or any other good sites to make your own Disney themed shirt?

Also me and SO both got in corral E and she beat me by about 30 bib numbers *shakes fist*

Good luck to everyone finishing up their training in the coming weeks

I hope some of that stuff is available when I get in there. :) At Tink, we didn't go to the expo until the second day and most of the stuff was gone. :( I'm going to go right when it opens on Friday this time.

I think I only ordered a pin when I registered, but now I feel like I should grab the necklace too because I ended up with a free one at Tink (I don't know how, it was just in my bag when I picked it up at the pickup). I wouldn't want it to be lonely. :)

Too bad the tank top will probably be sold out by the time I get there on Friday. Can't go until around 3pm.

Oooooohhhhh... I love when they release merch pics. But it's so early! (Isn't it usually the week of?) I wanna go buy it NOW! No patience over here...:yay:

I want to see some of this in person but I definitely plan to snag a wine glass if I get there in time, plus a shirt of some sort, and a magnet. I hope they have LOTS of inventory of wine glasses this time. I missed out in 2013 even though we were there on the first day. I don't think I can bring myself to buy the "Don't Wine just Run" tops though - "Don't Wine" doesn't exist in my world. hahaha....

I was hoping to sleep in on Friday but now I think I might have to get to the expo earlier than planned. But hopefully AFTER the long lines... wonder what time the sweet spot would be...

Ah! I just figured out why they released this stuff early. Their Welcome Reception is still less than half sold. Bet that number bumps up today.

Oooooohhhhh... I love when they release merch pics. But it's so early! (Isn't it usually the week of?) I wanna go buy it NOW! No patience over here...:yay:

I want to see some of this in person but I definitely plan to snag a wine glass if I get there in time, plus a shirt of some sort, and a magnet. I hope they have LOTS of inventory of wine glasses this time. I missed out in 2013 even though we were there on the first day. I don't think I can bring myself to buy the "Don't Wine just Run" tops though - "Don't Wine" doesn't exist in my world. hahaha....
:rotfl2:
I was hoping to sleep in on Friday but now I think I might have to get to the expo earlier than planned. But hopefully AFTER the long lines... wonder what time the sweet spot would be...

Ah! I just figured out why they released this stuff early. Their Welcome Reception is still less than half sold. Bet that number bumps up today.
I too thought it was weirdly early for runDisney (and thought it was so they could give themselves time to put up an Avengers preview as well), but you're TOTALLY right that they want to sell those spots. They even made sure to mention it in the blog post.

It was said somewhere else on the board (in this thread?) that it really stinks that they're doing a "welcome reception" to have people pay for earlier shopping opportunities instead of opening a pre-order for runners. :( I'm not impressed by that at all.

Was there going to be any special New Balance stuff for this race, too? I can't remember how early we found out about that stuff for Tink. I don't know if this race usually has shoes and stuff too, though.

I remember seeing someone posted some really nice shirts that had made for a previous Disney race. Does anyone know what site they used or any other good sites to make your own Disney themed shirt?

Also me and SO both got in corral E and she beat me by about 30 bib numbers *shakes fist*

Good luck to everyone finishing up their training in the coming weeks

We've used http://www.nduranc.com/ a few times and been pleased.

I really like that gray and purple hoodie. May have to try to pick that up if they have them left. We are planning to get there right when the Expo opens, so hopefully I can snag one. Probably will pick up a hat as well.

Even being in "the zone" how the heck do you miss the CONSTANT "Caution Runners! Speed bumps ahead!" on repeat over and over and over????? Sounds like a zone with music up way too loud to hear anything going on around you to me.

I saw it, and was fine, but...I saw some wipe outs and people stopping after hurting their ankle. I can't remember which race it was...maybe TOT? But there was a speed bump just past the starting line so it was still super crowded and you couldn't really even see the road, plus the noise from the fireworks. I did not see the caution signs, but they did have volunteers there warning us. But if you had music in or were too far from the volunteer, splat. The princess course was much better marked because they could warn you ahead of time.

This kinda made me chuckle last night when I read it. My first wine and dine (and I think my second too) I was like "ok, we're outside of Epcot, here comes the finish line soon. Oh here's a big laser and foggy area and lady gaga power song, the end must be right around the corner lets speed up! What? Another corner? Wait- where's the finish? Still not the finish?! ***? Where's the finish!!!!?!" They changed it slightly in 2013 and I don't remember it being that bad but it was just so funny to me bc my first race I thought it was going to be right outside and it soooooo wasn't. :)

lol this also sounds exactly like TOT. The volunteers, bless their hearts, kept saying you are almost there, just one more corner! And then we went through fog and about 25 more corners. All the runners were saying wait where is the finish?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter