Wine and Dine 2015

I think the race gods have given me a gift today. I have been planning to do the race in a SparkleSkirt and I have never worn one before (I know... not supposed to do anything new...). It's been too cold for skirt running in NH lately... I mean, it was in the 30's at my 5K this past weekend. :) But last night a monsoon blew in, and today it's very humid (and still kinda raining but I think it's supposed to clear up by afternoon) and warm. I guess I do my first test run in a skirt today! I'm usually a capri person even though I wanted to wear shorts all summer, because shorts get bunchy on me, but for some reason I don't want to run in just plain compression shorts even though they would look exactly like my pants, only shorter. :)

All this talk of the heat in Orlando is very exciting, haha. The last 2-3 weeks we've been training in our winter running gear (long sleeved cold-gear, running tights, fleece running gloves, and hat) because it is around 2C (35F) and lots of frost in the mornings. Hopefully the drastic temp change treats the body well :)

Bodybuilders aren't necessarily inflexible. Olympic Weightlifters (clean and jerk; snatch) are some of the most flexible people on the planet. I stretch right after my weekday runs. I was a high school gymnast and in middle school I competed in weightlifting. I've had super flexibility. My hamstring injuries have come from running too fast at the end of a long run and from, oddly enough, static stretching.

For endurance runners there are studies that show a reverse correlation between static stretching flexibility and race performance. Sprinters on the other hand, seem to have fewer injuries if they maintain flexibility. I personally wouldn't start new "exercises" less than two weeks before a race.

I have a rule, "Do no more than 10-15 minutes of something new, for the first week or two." Then add ten minutes every week to the session until you are at full duration.

Last edited:
If I could find a way to shut my brain off for an hour, I've been told I would like yoga. But, it's more like being stuck in timeout with a lot of really crazy poses for me. :confused3

Neighbor went and packaged up my mail to send to me today. Apparently our gift cards are in there, so looks like I will have those. We'll probably end up using them on the 6th, unless my Mom and I have already gone through all the food kiosks by then. :(

I will say the selections are AWESOME this year. And we've really only had a couple of items we wouldn't try again.

I will say the selections are AWESOME this year. And we've really only had a couple of items we wouldn't try again.

Good to hear! Care to share any favorites (food or drink)? I'm curious about the griddled cheese thing from the Dominican Republic booth, have you had a chance to try that one?

I have tried Yoga many times - tried it for the first time in my 30s, and while I was very strong I had poor flexibility. Well, in my early 40s I injured my lower back. Since then I have struggled with back spasms. Many of the static stretches in Yoga kick off those back spasms, so I have had to nix the Yoga.

Shame, because I really came to love Power Yoga. It improved my flexibility and endurance.

Good to hear! Care to share any favorites (food or drink)? I'm curious about the griddled cheese thing from the Dominican Republic booth, have you had a chance to try that one?

No DR, South Korea, Africa or Brazil yet (just off the top of my head). We've been saving those for when my husband can join us.

My favorite (in no particular order):
Zucchini Ravioli from Sustainable Chew
Escargot Croissant from France
Chicken Marsala from Italy
Mussels from New Zealand
Veuve Clicquot from Champagne & Desserts
Two Henry's Blueberry Vanillia Wheat from Craft Beer
Founders Spectra Trifecta from Sustainable Chew
Cheese Fondue from Wine & Cheese
Lobster Roll from Hops & Barley
Shrimp Taco from Mexico

I may head out there this afternoon as well, but will definitely be there tomorrow and Saturday. I'll try the griddled cheese and report back!

My husband and I got to all the booths during our trip at the beginning of the month. I have it all in my trip report in my signature along with reviews of some of the signature events.

Is anyone else shocked they aren't doing a special dessert party at MVMCP this year? We are going to the first one after race day and I was really hoping there would be a package again this year so our friend could experience the fireworks and parade with out having to crowd in.

My husband and I got to all the booths during our trip at the beginning of the month. I have it all in my trip report in my signature along with reviews of some of the signature events.
Thanks! I'm going to go check it out now :)

No DR, South Korea, Africa or Brazil yet (just off the top of my head). We've been saving those for when my husband can join us.

My favorite (in no particular order):
Zucchini Ravioli from Sustainable Chew
Escargot Croissant from France
Chicken Marsala from Italy
Mussels from New Zealand
Veuve Clicquot from Champagne & Desserts
Two Henry's Blueberry Vanillia Wheat from Craft Beer
Founders Spectra Trifecta from Sustainable Chew
Cheese Fondue from Wine & Cheese
Lobster Roll from Hops & Barley
Shrimp Taco from Mexico

I may head out there this afternoon as well, but will definitely be there tomorrow and Saturday. I'll try the griddled cheese and report back!

Thank's Keels.
Oddly enough your post didn't make me hungry. I'm really fed up with peak training, perpetual, - tired, sore and hungry. Taper is working...

Is anyone else shocked they aren't doing a special dessert party at MVMCP this year? We are going to the first one after race day and I was really hoping there would be a package again this year so our friend could experience the fireworks and parade with out having to crowd in.

I guess they did away with it in favor of the new Ferrytale Wishes Cruise. Though, this is Disney and I can't believe they wouldn't take money for both ...

I guess they did away with it in favor of the new Ferrytale Wishes Cruise. Though, this is Disney and I can't believe they wouldn't take money for both ...

The Ferrytale Wishes Cruise isn't the same to me because it is outside the park. That's what I didn't get. There is 0 way to do the cruise and enjoy the party so they actually lost money from our group instead of making it. I guess we will just try to find a decent spot for the fireworks and if anything sucks my friend won't really know since it is his first time.

I tried to convince the fiance to do the Wishes Dessert Party in the park but he said he wasn't going to pay extra unless it included other stuff like the Frozen dessert parties did or the hallowishes ones.

If I could find a way to shut my brain off for an hour, I've been told I would like yoga. But, it's more like being stuck in timeout with a lot of really crazy poses for me.

So funny, same for me. I get no relaxation from it because my mind always has to be jumping around. So instead of focusing, I end up looking around the room, counting the minutes, thinking about what I have to do after. I have done pure barre class in the past and really like that though. They play dance and pop music the whole time so your mind can't think! I have not gone this time around though. I will probably do that after W&D in prep for my half in marathon weekend and dark side.

The Ferrytale Wishes Cruise isn't the same to me because it is outside the park. That's what I didn't get. There is 0 way to do the cruise and enjoy the party so they actually lost money from our group instead of making it. I guess we will just try to find a decent spot for the fireworks and if anything sucks my friend won't really know since it is his first time.

I tried to convince the fiance to do the Wishes Dessert Party in the park but he said he wasn't going to pay extra unless it included other stuff like the Frozen dessert parties did or the hallowishes ones.

There is always the merry and bright dessert party. We are trying that since it is the last year for the osborne lights and you get a cute little blanket.

Is anyone else super annoyed by the runner tracking sign ups? I signed up my brother's cell twice now and he still got no text notification. I also signed up myself via email and received nothing as well.

There is always the merry and bright dessert party. We are trying that since it is the last year for the osborne lights and you get a cute little blanket.

I wanted to do that one too but got vetoed. We are doing Fantasmic as well and already have a Fantasmic dinning reservation so I was told only 1 special each day :(.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter