Winter Olympics

Is there some issue afoot with the Jamaican women's bobsled team? I heard their coach quit due to some strange meddling by their govt?

Is there some issue afoot with the Jamaican women's bobsled team? I heard their coach quit due to some strange meddling by their govt?

Team officials asked the coach to change her role from driving coach to track performance analyst for some reason and she refused. She also owns the sled they use.

Watching ''buddy luge" as we call it in my house. Why stop at two people? I wanna see them stack three people on that sled!

There ought to be a sled dog pile event. The team with the most riders on the sled at the bottom wins.

Katie Couric said skating was their primary mode of transportation. :sad2: Not the smartest comment she's ever made. Does swimming through the canals during the summer make the Dutch world-class swimmers?

Well if these were your shoes, you'd skate all over the place too.

upload_2018-2-14_11-48-35.png

Team officials asked the coach to change her role from driving coach to track performance analyst for some reason and she refused. She also owns the sled they use.
Apparently the change would have made it difficult (if not impossible) for her to have access to the athletes.

Is there a seat or platform for the upper guy, or is he just laying against the lower guy?

(Third attempt at phrasing this question. The first two times sounded dirty.)

The difference in a doubles luge is the leg slots are out wider for the bottom guy and it has a higher bow. The upper guy is pretty much laying on the lower guy.

upload_2018-2-14_11-58-20.png

There ought to be a sled dog pile event. The team with the most riders on the sled at the bottom wins.

Well if these were your shoes, you'd skate all over the place too.

View attachment 302461

We were in the Netherlands last summer and didn't see anyone wearing those -- they're mostly touristy souvenirs these days. Windmills are very few and far between as well.

I do wonder what happened to force her away from the athletes.

All I know is this. When you're the most laughable losers in bobsledding history and you get a chance at one of the most decorated female bobsledders ever to come coach and she personally scores you a sled, you don't insult her by changing her position from driving coach to track performance analyst.

All I know is this. When you're the most laughable losers in bobsledding history and you get a chance at one of the most decorated female bobsledders ever to come coach and she personally scores you a sled, you don't insult her by changing her position from driving coach to track performance analyst.
Right ... which is why I think they were really mad about something.

Unless, of course, she does something pretty horrible such that her success is irrelevant.

The IOC still hasn't granted full medal status to this demonstration sport from 2006.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I have decided that we are going to spend Valentine's Day with the Norwegian men's curling team. Saw a story online that they broke out special pants to mark the day and I must see them in action.

Curling Pants

Don't click the link if you don't want to see!

LOL!

However, it is teammate Christoffer Svae that apparently mans the pants these days.
"This is because of Valentine's Day," Ulsrud said. "So [Svae] who plays second on the team, he is the master of the pants. So I guess I have a big bag of pants this week. He always tells me it depends on his mood before the game. Pretty much whatever he gives me, I play in."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter