Winter Olympics

I have decided that we are going to spend Valentine's Day with the Norwegian men's curling team. Saw a story online that they broke out special pants to mark the day and I must see them in action.

I thought perhaps the flashy pants were banned. The Norwegian mixed doubles team wore bland uniforms. Glad to see the flamboyant ones make a return.

I thought perhaps the flashy pants were banned. The Norwegian mixed doubles team wore bland uniforms. Glad to see the flamboyant ones make a return.

Amen! There was great concern at our house when the Norwegian mixed doubles didn't "dress for success".

Not sure they will be wearing the Valentine's pants in their game tonight, seeing as how it is already the 15th of February in Korea. Maybe they will for the benefit of us westerners. But I just watched the match they played "yesterday" (3am Pacific, 8pm Pyeongchang) on the NBC Sports app, and those pink heart pants rocked the house. I want a pair.

The IOC still hasn't granted full medal status to this demonstration sport from 2006.

giphy.gif
:jumping1: Can't wait until they do. We can always use another version of curling to dominate. :cheer2: Go Canada Go!!
I have decided that we are going to spend Valentine's Day with the Norwegian men's curling team. Saw a story online that they broke out special pants to mark the day and I must see them in action.
:sad2: It's Ash Wednesday - sackcloth would have been more appropriate.
large_19967.jpg

Wow. The Japanese womens curling team is terrible....

And they still beat us. Handily. :)

And before you Canadians tell us we might be the worst team in the tournament.

But we ARE in the tournament.

Last edited:
They did amazing. Johnny Weir said they were the only ones who made the team due to merit.

The North Korean pair did well again tonight. And Johnny Weir repeated the remark about them earning their spot.

But are there any other NK athletes there besides part of the women's hockey team? Korea received an automatic invite for being hosts,

Watching ''buddy luge" as we call it in my house. Why stop at two people? I wanna see them stack three people on that sled!

I'd like to see some woman/woman luge action.

AND THINGS HAVE GONE CRAZY!!!

Korea over Canada in womens curling.
And we beat Great Britain!!!

Prepare for doomsday. The earth's rotation has changed.

AND THINGS HAVE GONE CRAZY!!!

Korea over Canada in womens curling.
And we beat Great Britain!!!

Prepare for doomsday. The earth's rotation has changed.

Wait. So our team which couldn't make a shot to save their life vs Japan beat Eve Muirhead!

Maybe it's not the earth's rotation but that warning from last week that the magnetic poles will flip and we are unprepared.

:jumping1: Can't wait until they do. We can always use another version of curling to dominate. :cheer2: Go Canada Go!!

:sad2: It's Ash Wednesday - sackcloth would have been more appropriate.
large_19967.jpg

We did go to church and watch the match. Sackcloth was required for neither.

That US / Canada women's hockey game was really good last night! Can't wait for the (likely) rematch in a couple days!

If there isn't a rematch there will have been a huge upset.

Canadian women lost another in curling today, an extra end match to Sweden. That rink seems to beat everyone or struggle mightily, seem to be a struggle so far.

Watching a replay of luge relay right now, this stuff is crazy.

We're behind on watching things as we watch via DVR but we just saw last night the USA women's luge with the terrible terrible crash. I'm so glad she's ok overall but wow that was scary.

We got to see the other day Chloe Kim's epic run way to go girl.

I wonder how many Dutch will commit suicide after Sven Kramer failed to win the gold medal in 10,000 meters speed skating for the third straight Olympics. Not only that, he didn't win ANY medal with his 6th place finish.

Congrats to the Canadian skater who won.

I wonder how many Dutch will commit suicide after Sven Kramer failed to win the gold medal in 10,000 meters speed skating for the third straight Olympics. Not only that, he didn't win ANY medal with his 6th place finish.

Congrats to the Canadian skater who won.

Ted-Jan Bloemen has a Canadian father and actually skated for the Dutch in the past. He moved to Canada in 2014 and is the world record holder in the event so it wasn't a surprise he beat Kramer.

Ted-Jan Bloemen has a Canadian father and actually skated for the Dutch in the past. He moved to Canada in 2014 and is the world record holder in the event so it wasn't a surprise he beat Kramer.

Yes, the announcers mentioned those facts. Hopefully the Dutch aren't too distraught that a former teammate beat their best.

Who watched the pairs finals last night? I was happy for the German lady who won gold. And the Canadian skater seemed genuinely happy for Germany, which was nice to see.

Yes, that German couple were flawless. I knew for sure they'd bump the Canadians out of third place even before the Canadians skated.

But Canada still won bronze due to Russia faltering. I'm glad; I saw the Canadians in the team event and liked her hairstyle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter