Wish Trip Planning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one question my DD is the one getting the wish. If I read the posts right she will git this GAC thingy but we have a little one that is disabled as well that will be with us. Would we be able to get two GAC's that way if DD is with me on a big kids rides daddy could take son on little kids ride without having to wait in long lines????

Thanks Tammy :)

The guest assistance card covers the wsih child AND the entire family.NO worries!:goodvibes

Forgot to mention......you only recieve ONE guest assistance card that covers the family.You really will need to stay together to use the card.What we did when my hubby wanted to do the bigger rides ....was we would find a show or a somewhere to wait (sometimes at a counter service resturant or snack place) then he would take the card while we waited.We didn't split up often but it did work out fine in most cases.My husband would show the card and explain that the wish child was waiting for him and they would wave him right through.

Forgot to mention......you only recieve ONE guest assistance card that covers the family.You really will need to stay together to use the card.What we did when my hubby wanted to do the bigger rides ....was we would find a show or a somewhere to wait (sometimes at a counter service resturant or snack place) then he would take the card while we waited.We didn't split up often but it did work out fine in most cases.My husband would show the card and explain that the wish child was waiting for him and they would wave him right through.
The MAW GAC card is specifically for the WISH child, so you may run into CMs who do tell you it can't be used unless the WISH child is going on that attraction (that is the actual rule, so you may get CMs who will bend it, but that would be up to the CM).
Also, I just noticed the OP was talking about on child going on little kid rides while another was on big kids rides. So the WISH child would already be using the MAW GAC for access.
I have one question my DD is the one getting the wish. If I read the posts right she will git this GAC thingy but we have a little one that is disabled as well that will be with us. Would we be able to get two GAC's that way if DD is with me on a big kids rides daddy could take son on little kids ride without having to wait in long lines????

If your other child also has disabilities and you may want to split up, you can go to Guest Relations to request a GAC for your disabled 'non-WISH' child. I would probably not go into Guest Relations as a whole family and not have MAW stuff visible because they would be likely to say you already have a MAW GAC and not give one. But, since you have a 'non-WISH' child who would not be going on the same rides all the time, it does make sense that you may need some other accommodations.
Since the GAC is not meant to shorten the wait in lines, you may find that the wait is not shorter, but the conditions would meet your child's needs.

I have this terrible habit when I am working. When people flash a GAC at me I will stop them and ask to look at it closely. I will see what stamps are on it as well as the expiration date. I have been known to ask who is the person named on the card. And if I saw the special stamp from GKTW and no child present I would possibly, depending on response, confiscate the card and turn it over to a manager.

The MAW GAC card is specifically for the WISH child, so you may run into CMs who do tell you it can't be used unless the WISH child is going on that attraction (that is the actual rule, so you may get CMs who will bend it, but that would be up to the CM).
Also, I just noticed the OP was talking about on child going on little kid rides while another was on big kids rides. So the WISH child would already be using the MAW GAC for access.

If your other child also has disabilities and you may want to split up, you can go to Guest Relations to request a GAC for your disabled 'non-WISH' child. I would probably not go into Guest Relations as a whole family and not have MAW stuff visible because they would be likely to say you already have a MAW GAC and not give one. But, since you have a 'non-WISH' child who would not be going on the same rides all the time, it does make sense that you may need some other accommodations.
Since the GAC is not meant to shorten the wait in lines, you may find that the wait is not shorter, but the conditions would meet your child's needs.

THANK YOU SO MUCH :goodvibes
That helps me out tremendously :thumbsup2 Now would this cost extra and if so how much you think?? and would it last our whole visit or would I have to get a new one each day??

There is no charge for the GAC, and it will be valid in all four Disney parks for the duration of your trip.

If you have not yet done so, click on where it says "disABILTIES" at the top of this page it will take you to the Index. One of the top items is the "disABILTIES FAQ" which will gives lots of useful information. Post #6 discusses the GAC at some length.

Or, if you want an easier route, click on the link in my signature.

There is no charge for the GAC, and it will be valid in all four Disney parks for the duration of your trip.

If you have not yet done so, click on where it says "disABILTIES" at the top of this page it will take you to the Index. One of the top items is the "disABILTIES FAQ" which will gives lots of useful information. Post #6 discusses the GAC at some length.

Or, if you want an easier route, click on the link in my signature.

I just found that :laughing: I'm reading it right now. Thanks so much for your help so far... :worship:

Tammy :)

This thread is a link on the Wish trippers unite thread! :)

I've been looking around and am getting a little confused between the MAW/GKTW buttons vs the GAC. Some Wish trip reports suggest that we almost *need* the GAC to get some kind of preferencial treatment (i.e. get to the head of the line). At this point, DD probably doesn't *need* the GAC. She is limited in her stamina due to 3 years of chemotherapy.

What kind of treatment should we expect the MAW/GKTW buttons to "get" for us? I'm sorry if this sounds crass, but I'm not sure what kind of accomodations we should be asking for/expecting. I have heard reports of CMs not knowing about these buttons and since we'll only ever have them this one week (fingers crossed) I would like to know what to expect (and what to request). :scratchin

Actually lack of stamina is the reason why many kids have a GAC. Standing in long lines can be very draining. That was our main concern, and it helped a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttshouse
This thread is a link on the Wish trippers unite thread!

I've been looking around and am getting a little confused between the MAW/GKTW buttons vs the GAC. Some Wish trip reports suggest that we almost *need* the GAC to get some kind of preferencial treatment (i.e. get to the head of the line). At this point, DD probably doesn't *need* the GAC. She is limited in her stamina due to 3 years of chemotherapy.

What kind of treatment should we expect the MAW/GKTW buttons to "get" for us? I'm sorry if this sounds crass, but I'm not sure what kind of accomodations we should be asking for/expecting. I have heard reports of CMs not knowing about these buttons and since we'll only ever have them this one week (fingers crossed) I would like to know what to expect (and what to request).

Actually lack of stamina is the reason why many kids have a GAC. Standing in long lines can be very draining. That was our main concern, and it helped a lot.

This last question and answer left me just a tad confused. Does this mean that I should ask for both the MAW/GKTW buttons and the GAC for the wish child?? I'm sorry for all the questions I would just like to know so we don't miss any thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttshouse
This thread is a link on the Wish trippers unite thread!

This last question and answer left me just a tad confused. Does this mean that I should ask for both the MAW/GKTW buttons and the GAC for the wish child?? I'm sorry for all the questions I would just like to know so we don't miss any thing.

You will get what you need for your MAW child at the GKTW orientation.
They will take care of making sure your MAW child has what he/she needs.

Think of the button as kind of a 'marker' that lets the CMs know your child is on a MAW trip. The GAC (that you will be given at the orientation) will tell more specifically what your child needs. You will be given what you need, so don't worry.

You will get what you need for your MAW child at the GKTW orientation.
They will take care of making sure your MAW child has what he/she needs.

Think of the button as kind of a 'marker' that lets the CMs know your child is on a MAW trip. The GAC (that you will be given at the orientation) will tell more specifically what your child needs. You will be given what you need, so don't worry.

OK cool thanks so much :)

Seriously. Don't worry. In the experience of the Wish Trippers with whom I have discussed this, everything is handled for you in regards to the GAC by GKTW, so you just have to go with the flow on that. The were only a few exceptions I had to having it all very clear in my mind after orientation. I had trouble knowing to follow the Disabled traffic lane paint at Disney, which a parking attendant tried to tell me (I was a tad confused). At each park CMs will direct you to where you are to park after they see the GKTW button.

At Universal, I was not ready to present the special parking pass to the attendant as I drove in. It looked very much like one of the tickets. I am sure she thought I was an idiot as I dug for it.

Some (very few) TMs at Universal were a bit confused on how to deal with the pass. When in doubt ask what to do at attraction entrances.

There are some things we, as parents, should be planning to handle. Here is a partial list:
Packing all weather gear appropriate for the climate. For us, in September, this was crocs, shorts, ponchos, sunscreen, a misting bottle (which you can buy easier down there than at home most times) and a hat for me.

Reservations for character meals. This is hard, because many of these are booked up before you get your trip dates. Still, calling back frequently to check on cancellations can work wonders. You can see on our TR that Disney Pixie Dust got us in without reservations (thanks Jeff!).

Believing GKTW when they say to pack light. You can wash clothes at the villa while you are soaking in the hot tub. We had to buy a huge bag because our luggage was full of goodies we received or bought. That was before the days of paying per bag on the plane.

Have cash handy to buy food on the plane.

Scheduling where you want to go each day and remaining flexible when plans need to be changed.

I will add more when I can think of things.

Bill

The guest assistance card covers the wsih child AND the entire family.NO worries!:goodvibes

That is exactly what I was told in disneyland with my daughter's case , all family members of the wish child are covered with the GAC card wether the wish child is riding or not. A wish trip is mainly for the wish child but it is also focused on the family.

Hi, i have a question about the cards. Elise is the wish child and she is 4 yrs. Our family consists of toddlers and big kids. what's the best way to go about getting the older ones on the rides without waiting for a long time while the little ones are riding their rides? I want the whole family to enjoy as many things as possible.

Hi, i have a question about the cards. Elise is the wish child and she is 4 yrs. Our family consists of toddlers and big kids. what's the best way to go about getting the older ones on the rides without waiting for a long time while the little ones are riding their rides? I want the whole family to enjoy as many things as possible.

We took the GAC to the line for the big kids and were able to get the CMs at Disney to let them in while we held on to the GAC for the little one to go elsewhere. At US and IOA we had some trouble with TMs going along with this. At SW, while some were riding Kraken, Lysi and I fed the seals.

I hope this helps.

Baby swapping. AT DLR Autopia the party shows up and tells the CM they are doing a child swap. The party gets in line using GAC, single rider, fastpass or stand by lines. The babysitter and the kids who cannot ride go to the exit to wait for the party to get off the ride. The babysitter can spend that time doing other things like rides, shows, and snacking, whatever. The party gets off the ride then the babysitter takes one person and goes through the Autopia exit to almost immediately board.

It works the same way basically for WDW and DLR rides. This is only for rides where there are height requirements in place and one member is to short.

I want to remind everyone that these tips are here to help you plan your Wish Trip.:wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter