• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WISH weight loss thread -- 2007! ADD YOUR WEIGHT LOSS NOW SO WE CAN GET A GRAND TOTAL

Grr...I haven't posted in a long time. With the holidays and all I am struggling with the same 2 or 3 pounds up and down. I am trying not to stress and let the scale win - it truly has no control over me and how I feel about myself..or it shouldn't! I will NOT give in to those yukky feelings - I am going to keep on being as good as I can, and exercising at least 40 minutes a day.
I will keep my focus on how far we have all come and keep telling myself that January first is just about 3 weeks away!
You have all done so very well ~ I am proud to be a part of this group!:cheer2:

:wave: Hi, Jeanne. I am sorry to hear that you are struggling a little, I hope you will cut yourself some slack (just a little), since it is the holidays. Hang in there, I know the dance of the scale and it can be frustrating, but I know you know that you can win! And by the way, you look marvelous!!! Loved your Christmas picture and thanks for your card. We didn't do pictures this year, the holidays snuck up on us too quickly. We had planned to go to Old Time Photo's and have something fun done, but before I knew it December was here and we just didn't get to it. Hopefully we will for next year.

Hang in there my friend!!

It's hard for me to say exactly how much I've lost, because my weight fluctuates a lot. (I seem to gain and lose water a lot -- not just once a month.) However, I am sure that I have lost at least 15 pounds of fat. Heck, let's say I've lost 16.5 pounds (the scale says I'm down about 20 pounds, but I'm assuming a few pounds of that is water), so that would make the total 1111.

OK, we're at 1111 pounds!

Grr...I haven't posted in a long time. With the holidays and all I am struggling with the same 2 or 3 pounds up and down. I am trying not to stress and let the scale win - it truly has no control over me and how I feel about myself..or it shouldn't!...
Wow, Jean, I was looking at your ticker and you have lost nearly half of your body weight! That's amazing! You have come such a long way, you definitely don't want to get stressed just because those last few pounds are giving you a hard time.

I started off at what was probably about the same weight as you (I was 238), and I'm probably a similar height, judging by your BMI (I'm 5'3".) I'm not even trying to get down to where the height/weight charts say I should be; I "just" want to get below 200. (Which I have been finding VERY hard to do!) So, definitely pat yourself on the back and concentrate on how amazingly far you've come, rather than the little bit left you have to go! You don't need to get all the way to a BMI for MAJOR improvements in your health -- my diabetes doctor said that if I could lose 40 pounds, my weight problem at that point would just be "cosmetic," rather than a threat to my health.

It's hard for me to say exactly how much I've lost, because my weight fluctuates a lot. (I seem to gain and lose water a lot -- not just once a month.) However, I am sure that I have lost at least 15 pounds of fat. Heck, let's say I've lost 16.5 pounds (the scale says I'm down about 20 pounds, but I'm assuming a few pounds of that is water), so that would make the total 1111.

OK, we're at 1111 pounds!

Congrats to you on your weight loss to date. :banana: Losing weight (and keeping it off) is a lot of work you should be proud of your accomplishment to date. I started over 200 pounds too so I know the struggle, hang in there and celebrate each pound you loose.

1111 pounds!

:hug: Debbi and Judy, thanks so much for your support. I appreciate it so much.
You are right, Debbi, I will cut myself (a little) slack - that is what the holidays are for! My walking buddy and I are still walking every morning and are already agreeing to hold each other accountable come January 1st.
Judy, I started at 272.5 and am 5'6". Right now I am between 162 and 165 depending on the day! I do feel 100% better and my weight loss at this point is really "cosmetic" like you said, but I know it will be better for me to be at the weight the doctor recommends. (I carry my weight all over, so I can weigh more than someone else my height that might carry it in just the belly.)
I am in a size 8 jeans, from a size 24, so as long as I can keep wearing them I am going to relax a little and enjoy the next 2 weeks.
Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

:hug: Debbi and Judy, thanks so much for your support. I appreciate it so much.
You are right, Debbi, I will cut myself (a little) slack - that is what the holidays are for! My walking buddy and I are still walking every morning and are already agreeing to hold each other accountable come January 1st.
Judy, I started at 272.5 and am 5'6". Right now I am between 162 and 165 depending on the day! I do feel 100% better and my weight loss at this point is really "cosmetic" like you said, but I know it will be better for me to be at the weight the doctor recommends. (I carry my weight all over, so I can weigh more than someone else my height that might carry it in just the belly.)
I am in a size 8 jeans, from a size 24, so as long as I can keep wearing them I am going to relax a little and enjoy the next 2 weeks.
Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

Good for you Jeanne. I can't believe you are still going out in that cold, nasty weather and walking...you get a big gold star for that!!:wizard:

Hi, I just found this section of the DIS and this thread! Since I started WW on Oct 24th, I am down 21.6 lbs! So add that to the total!

If anyone wants to point me in the right direction for other threads/support, I'd appreciate it!

Hi, I just found this section of the DIS and this thread! Since I started WW on Oct 24th, I am down 21.6 lbs! So add that to the total!

If anyone wants to point me in the right direction for other threads/support, I'd appreciate it!

Wow, in two months you have lost over two clothing sizes, congrats to you on all of your hard work!!

:banana: 1132.6:banana:

Only 11 days left in this year, so stop on by and post your weight loss numbers so we can have a grand total by New Year's day!

Wow, in two months you have lost over two clothing sizes, congrats to you on all of your hard work!!

:banana: 1132.6:banana:

Only 11 days left in this year, so stop on by and post your weight loss numbers so we can have a grand total by New Year's day!

Thank you! But for me, it's about half a size - not quite down one whole size yet. Fingers crossed! I'm still super proud of myself for my hard work!

The last days of 2007 are upon us, I hope everyone will come by and post their weight loss so we can get a final total for the year!!!

Happy New Year everyone!

It looks like anybody can add in their total, so, I will add my 68 lbs lost to make the total 1200.6.

It looks like anybody can add in their total, so, I will add my 68 lbs lost to make the total 1200.6.

Everyone is welcome!!! Congratulations to you for having such a losing year!!! WOW!!! Weigh to go!

Unfortunately,no more loss for me to add to the total.
Congratulations to everyone here!!!!

1200 pounds is amazing!!!!

Thanks tiggerlover for this wonderful thread. It was a lot of fun!!
party: Happy New Year!!party:

I lost 55 pounds in 2007. :)

Wow, that is great, congrats to you!!!!:cool1:

1263 -- Amazing!!! Anyone else care to add to our 2007 total?

Thanks to all of our losers, you all are awesome!!! What do you say, should we start a 2008 thread?

Wow, that is great, congrats to you!!!!:cool1:

1263 -- Amazing!!! Anyone else care to add to our 2007 total?

Thanks to all of our losers, you all are awesome!!! What do you say, should we start a 2008 thread?

I can add another 1.5 pounds to the 2007 total :)

1263 + 1.5 = 1264.5

I would love to participate on a 2008 thread!!! :)

I will add in my total for 2007 it was 35 pounds! I am half way to goal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter