Wishing On a Star for a MNSSHP/October 2011 PTR

Thanks Laurie. I am working extra hard to make it work, now if I could get free dining or a PIN for % off the room it would make it easier. Love the pics, did you take any inside the room? Would love to see them. I reserved a bunk bed courtyard view and requested a room overlooking the lake so we could see the Electric Light Parade at night. And I am hoping we can be a flag family. Justin wants to take his Boy Scout uniform and get pictures raising the flags in it, I might bring Madison's Girl Scout uniform too. That would make a great pic, my Boy Scout and my Brownie Girl Scout.

Hey Shannon, looks like I'm not the only one MIA. ;)

I hear you on wishing for a pin. Between repairs to my van, new therapy bills for DS and the dog getting sick I desperately need a discount code.

I didn't realize WL had a family raise or lower the flag. That would be an awesome Boy Scout pic. My son could bring his uniform and trumpet and play taps! :goodvibes Well, maybe not. I would dread something happening to his trumpet during the flight. I just paid it off! :rotfl:

I can't wait for our boys to meet. So close in age and so much in common!

Not a Disney update, but medical update on Justin. His EEG came back ok, the tech said he would not rest or relax and she could not find anything abnormal. So the neurologist wants to do a 24 hour EEG on June 15. Figures. lol. Today we are going to have his MRI done at lunch. His pneumonia is better, still having the croupy cough. Since it is the end of the school year and his last year in Elementary School, he is having more meltdowns about graduating 5th grade next week. It's not his normal meltdowns, more sad about leaving that escalates into a full meltdown. It breaks my heart that he is feeling this way, I keep explaining to him that life is full of changes and we have to learn to roll with them and that his teachers at his elementary school will always be there for him if he should ever need them. That's it for now, have to go get ready for the long drive to the Scottish Rite campus of Children's Healthcare of Atlanta for his MRI.

I hope Justin is feeling better and that the tests came back okay. My son had such a rough time in fifth grade he was happy to move on. However the times didn't seem to get any less rough other than ditching the fifth grade teacher.:banana:

Hi Shannon. Hope all is well. I have an autistic son as well, now 16. We will be at WL Oct. 18-22 split stay CBR 15-17. Hope to see you there. God Bless!

Hi Shannon- don't know why i hadn't followed your TR before, since i am on our October thread, but i am here now. What a lovely family! Just wanted to drop in and say hi! :thumbsup2:wizard:

Welcome to my PTR Michelle. :goodvibes I have to go take JT to school, but I will be back for an update. LOTS happening and it's all good. :)

Hope it's ok to join along! You have a beautiful family. We are doing a photopass cd for the first time, and your pictures with the special effects edited into them makes me excited we pre-purchased the cd!

Hope it's ok to join along! You have a beautiful family. We are doing a photopass cd for the first time, and your pictures with the special effects edited into them makes me excited we pre-purchased the cd!

Welcome to my PTR. I have been MIA from posting on it due to life. LOL. I love the photopass CD, I still need to order mine for this year. See you around the boards. :)

Ok, here is my exciting update:

When I had originally began planning for the trip this October, I had invited my dad and stepmom to go with us. This saying is what my dad says everytime I ask him something - "We don't have the money" and I don't even ask him for money. Anyway, that is what I got from him, even after I said I would pay for their room. So I planned for our trip without him and my stepmom.

Now to this past weekend. My parents came up to see "JT" compete in the Georgia Special Olympics Horse Show. While we were visiting after his competition, they said they wanted to go with us. :cool1: I was so happy, but at the same time freakin' out because I had not budgeted for them to go with us since they declined to begin with.

I called my Disney Travel Agent friend to see what I could do. I decided to move to The Cabins at Fort Wilderness to accomodate all of us. JT still has his bunkbeds, plus I have read of all the children/family activites at the Fort. Problem #1 - my friend can't get my parents on my package plan without adding them to the dining plan or doing the MYW tickets. Again, I did not budget for this and it would cost me another $1000- $1500. My parents had tickets already from a previous trip they took with my half sister, step sisters and my step niece and step nephews. (did they invite me or my brother or dh? NO! That is a can of worms I don't want to talk about. It's a long story) and they are responsible for their own food while in the parks unless they wanted the dining plan and pay me back for it (not holding my breath on that one). So I had to cancel my package and get a room only reservation. My friend suggested I get annual passes for a discount on the room, so as soon as I am reimbursed from Disney I am going to purchase them for me and the kids. This is a win-win for me, I will get a discount on the room and I will have a reason to visit WDW more often within the year. :cool1: The downside, I will not have the DP. But we will save money by cooking our meals in the cabin. I am keeping most of my ADRs, I am canceling the dinner ADRs due to they cost more.

I really am excited they are coming to help me with the kids and I have accepted who they are. I am more excited to spend time with them as my dad was not around while I was growing up and then when I turned 17, my dad and stepmom became involved in my life (well as little as they could). I have always had to make to effort to spend time with them while they go out of their way to do for my step-sisters, step niece's, and step nephews (which live close to them) and my half sister and her kids (who lived North Atlanta and now lives in Tennessee), while I have always lived just south of Atlanta. My parents live in South Georgia near the Ga/Fl state line. You are probably wondering about my mom (that is another can of worms that has a long story to it). Anyway, didn't mean to ramble about my family.

Since we are staying at the Fort now, I made ADRs for the Headless Horseman Haunted Carriage Ride. I can't wait for that. I will post my final iteninary (sp?) as soon as I finalize it.

Welcome to my PTR. I have been MIA from posting on it due to life. LOL. I love the photopass CD, I still need to order mine for this year. See you around the boards. :)

Thanks! I got an email offer for $50 off a photo cd pre-order a few days ago.

That's great that they are going with you! A cabin will be great!

Are you familiar with the Tables in Wonderland dining for passholders? That might be an option to explore? We have it and use it.

That all sounds eerily familiar. :rotfl:

just wanted to stop in and say hi :wave: your health scare was very scary indeed...hope you are doing well now and things are moving fw...

have a wonderful trip w/ your children and grandparents too...:thumbsup2 maybe we'll bump into each.

J~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter