WISHing to Lose Weight - Amy's Journal - Comments Welcome!

FeelsLikeHome

Mouseketeer
I've packed on quite a few pounds since college... 134 to be exact! Kind of hard to admit. Last month, I began my journey to lose weight. A trip to Disney in February 2010 has been my motivation. So far, I am down 14 pounds. Here's to hoping this will be a great start to continue to lose weight and get healthy!

From this point on, I will track my food and exercise. Please feel free to leave a note or any tips! :flower3:

Food:
Breakfast: fiber granola bar
Snack #1: banana
Lunch: turkey sandwich, apple, cheese and crackers
Snack #2: baby carrots
Dinner: turkey burger, slice of bread, ketchup, mini-pickles, cottage cheese
Snack #3: yogurt balls

Exercise: 1 hr. walk

Pounds Lost to Date: 14.8

Today ended up being a pretty good day, but tomorrow I'm going out to lunch with my team from work. The menu was online, so I already made a choice for lunch. I must practice self-control! It's Italian food, and anything with a creme sauce sounds amazing right now. As long as I keep my self-control in check, I will have marinara sauce instead.

Food:
Breakfast: egg beaters
Snack #1: almonds
Lunch: steamed vegetable platter
Snack #2: banana
Dinner: salmon, cottage cheese, veggies

Exercise: none

Weight Lost to Date: 17.2 lbs.

Knowing that I was going to come here and post tonight helped me make a healthy food choice at lunch. The Italian restaurant had lots of tasty-sounding choices, but they also had a steamed vegetable platter. I ordered it not expecting much, but the platter was large with heaping quantities of the vegetables - even enough to bring some home in a box. Didn't do anything for exercise today, so I'm hoping to do at least an hour walk tomorrow.

Food:
Breakfast: oatmeal
Snack #1: apple
Lunch: tuna, pickles
Snack #2: almonds
Dinner: turkey sandwich, cottage cheese, veggies

Exercise: 1 hour walk

Weight Lost: 16 lbs.

Food:
Snack #1: banana
Snack #2: baby carrots
Dinner: cottage cheese, grilled chicken, lightly buttered baked potato

Exercise: 30 minute walk

Not sure how much I weigh today. I wasn't around the normal scale that I'm used to checking my weight. Went out to eat tonight with my family and some friends. DH ordered steak and fries, and they looked great! It was difficult, but I forced myself to order the grilled chicken. Feeling good about the choice now.

Hi Amy,

I just wanted to check in and say congratulations on losing those first 16 pounds. You're doing great, and like you notice, choice and planning ahead becomes important.

I've started with more than 100 pounds to lose also. Taking it one pound at a time makes it a much less overwhelming process.

You can do this! And you are --- keep going! :thumbsup2

Cheers, Deb

Like Deb said, you can do this! Also, what are yogurt balls?

I currently weigh about 95kgs and i want to lose 20kgs as soon as possible.

what is the best method to do to lose 20kgs in about 3 months?

30mins of exercise a day?

Food:
Breakfast: Cheerios, milk
Lunch: warm turkey on 1/2 bun
Dinner: pork chop topped with cream of chicken soup, green beans, mushrooms

Exercise: 30 minute walk

Weight Lost: 20 pounds

Thanks for the encouragement!! It feels great, and I really appreciate it! Yogurt balls are raisins covered with chocolate yogurt. They are from the Fit & Active section of Aldi Foods, but other stores probably have different versions as well. Just a warning that they're addicting! :rotfl: DH and I can't pass by them in the store without throwing them in the cart, so I included them in my meal plan.

This weekend went well. DH and I went to visit my dad. We wanted to make sure he was doing okay without mom around for the holidays. Dad likes to eat out a lot, so it was a challenge to make the right choices rather than the easy choices. Thankfully I didn't cave, but it was very tempting!

glad you're there for your dad - and i think the journaling is a great way to keep on track

to answer the other poster's question above - best way? a lot of it comes down to calories in/calories out...lower calories/exercise. if you aren't sure - visit your family doctor and ask them for a healthy eating and exercise plan to follow, so they can help you determine where you should be with your calories, etc.

Food:
Lunch: cheese & crackers
Snack #2: cauliflower, cucumber
Dinner: salmon, green beans, mushrooms, cottage cheese

Weight Lost: 18.6 lbs (115.4 lbs to go!)

congrats on fitting in your walk...your body thanks you!

Keep journalling and you'll be seeing those goals smashed in no time

Thanks for the info on yogurt balls. I'm always trying to find something new that I can fit into my diet.

Food:
Breakfast: apple
Lunch: can of tuna, 4 mini-pickles, cheese & crackers
Snack: 1 serving almonds
Dinner: 1 1/2 cups chicken & rice soup from Grandma, 1 cup cottage cheese

Weight Lost: 21.2 lbs (112.8 lbs to go!)

Thanks again for the encouragement!:yay: My diet is going pretty well so far, but the holidays might be a different story. I'm allowing myself to eat what I want on Chrismas Eve and Christmas Day, as long as I write everything down. After that, back to healthy eating!

Food:
Snack #1: apple
Lunch: turkey sandwich, string cheese
Snack #2: cheese & crackers
Dinner: salmon, cottage cheese, green beans, mushrooms

Weight Lost: 21.8 lbs (112.2 to go!)

Food:
Lunch: turkey sandwich, string cheese
Dinner: 4 oz. breaded chicken from crock pot, 1/2 piece lasagna

Exercise: 50 minute walk

Weight Lost: 20.8 lbs (113.2 to go!)

We had Christmas Eve dinner with my mom's side of the family. I didn't eat any snacks throughout the day, because I was afraid of what I was going to eat at dinner! Thankfully, I kept some self-control at dinner with all that delicious food and candy staring me in the face. I ended up eating a piece of breaded chicken. Tried to scrape most of the breading off. Also had a 1/2 piece of lasagna. The pieces were cut pretty small, so hopefully I didn't do too much damage to my diet. Happy Holidays!

I kept some self control at dinner...

That's the name of the game...all things in moderation, and self-control is often times the biggest obstacle. Way to go! :thumbsup2

Yep, self control is the key. As a counselor, I look at it in terms of choices. Bad eating habits feel like a habit but it is actually a choice...to indulge for the immediate gratification or to hold out for the long term good.

Food:
Snack #1: fiber granola bar
Lunch: chicken noodle soup, string cheese, cheese dip & cracker sticks
Snack #2: 100 calorie pack
Dinner: salmon, cottage cheese, pickles, mushrooms

Weight Lost: 19 lbs (115 to go!)

Christmas Eve went well and Christmas Day went well until around 9:30 that night. I had a weak moment and caved and had some cheesy potatoes and candy. The next day went well too, except for another evening weak moment. I'm disappointed in myself for giving into temptation. Back on track now, but it definitely set me back on my weight loss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter