WISHing to Lose Weight - Amy's Journal - Comments Welcome!

neat how you're craving walks now! You're doing a great job with consistency - and that matters ....so happy to see things moving along for you - and will be sure to check back in a day or so

how did you do with your water intake...you mentioned trying to get your water in

You ate some really balanced foods on Thursday.

I 2nd Deb...how did drinking water go?

Food:
Breakfast: banana
Snack #1: apple
Lunch: vegetable soup (didn't have any beef to make with this batch)
Snack #2: orange
Dinner: vegetable soup, 2 slices of bread
Snack #3: 130-calories of popcorn, handful of pretzels

Exercise: 1 hour walk

Weight Lost: 29.2 lbs (104.8 to go!)

Thanks guys! Drinking extra water really helped get things moving for weight-loss. I was down another couple of pounds by Saturday. On Sunday, I was feeling a bit run-down, so I ate roast and potatoes along with some other veggies. It was great, but I gained three pounds from that meal alone. Could that be possible?

I don't know if that's possible. 3 pounds is a lot for 1 meal. Water sounds like it's helping. I'd stick with that. I know it's helping me. Just my 2 cents.

Food:
Breakfast: banana
Snack #1: apple
Lunch: vegetable soup, ham sandwich
Snack #2: orange, orange juice
Dinner: soup and crackers, bread, orange juice
Snack #3: chips and homemade salsa

Exercise: 1 hour walk

Weight Lost:
26.2 lbs (107.8 to go!)

Thanks CC! I gained again today. Have been feeling a little run down lately, so I decided to bump up my calories today to help. Hopefully it works out better in the long run. Hope y'all have a good day!

Glad you're getting the extra water in...and your hour walk. You're doing great!!!! Keep going and don't worry about fluctuations...they are a normal process our body goes through....keep doing what you need to do, and you'll reach your goal sooner than later

There's a receptionist at a WW meeting I sometimes go to that told me that eating is important for losing. I like alternate how much I eat in a given week. This may just help jumpstart your weight loss. Way to go on getting so much exercise in!

Food: lots - I binged quite a bit and don't remember what I all had

Exercise: none

Weight Lost: 28.8 lbs (105.2 lbs)

Thought I would come here and write about how I was feeling. Nothing can make me eat more than when my feelings are hurt. It's weird that people hurting me affects me so much more than bad things happening (like when our basement flooded.) I did fine with that, so why can't I do fine with this? My best friend from college, in each others' weddings, etc. always cancels on me. We've been trying to get together for months, and she keeps canceling on me. I fear that she doesn't value our friendship as much as I do. I really feel like one of her last priorities, even over getting her hair cut or other things like that. I occasionally change my plans for her so I can finally see her. We have never really talked about problems that we had with each other - just not that kind of a friendship, so I don't feel comfortable saying anything to her. One time, when she was trying to avoid coming to my bachelorette party, I told her that I just wanted to feel important for once. But that's about it as far as sharing my feelings goes. Anyway, she's really hurt my feelings and I don't know what to do except eat. Thanks for letting me vent, guys! I knew I could come here.

Feel free to vent away. I do that on my journal occasionally as well. Hope tomorrow is a better day!

Amy,

I'm sorry you had a rough time...I should have gotten in here earlier...wish I could have been help at the time - but right now, I have to do so in hindsight, I apologize for that.

Binges are rough - I know...trust me I know hon...I've spent years going through cycles...I'm glad you chose to write out how you're feeling. I did notice you haven't written again since Jan 28th - how are you feeling today, what's going on?

About your feelings being hurt...food is probably a security blanket for you. You've found comfort in it before, and you're seeking out comfort in those moments when your emotions aren't cooperating. IT's something that worked for you in the past, and you're reliving a pattern in a cycle.

As for your friend, is it possible, time/life you're growing apart? It can be difficult, and maybe there have been subtle signs. Otherwise, maybe it's nothing, and you're turning it on yourself, since your esteem is having a rough time right now. I tend to do that...turn around a situation and think it's "about me not being good enough" or something...and end up hurt, when it was something silly.

Our minds can play with us. I had a friend that was very dear to me for about 10 years, but there came a point our lives went different ways...there was no polite way for either of us to bring it up...and we just let time slowly come between us - it was easier for us. I hope you find the answers you want, but just know that writing it out here....is a great step in understanding what you feel, dealing with it, and working through it.

Kindly, Deb

Amy - check in hon...how are you feeling? What's going on? Good or bad, just get it out...

Hi, all! Back from my trip! We had a wonderful time at Disney World!!! Both DH and I were amazed how much better we felt this trip. All of the walking really paid off. Usually, we gripe about sore feet, but this time our feel barely hurt at all. Got on the scale last night.. (only) gained 10 pounds or so :)

Will start back on eating healthy/walking this week. Thanks for all of your support from when I was feeling bad. It lifted my spirits! Will post more later on!

Just wanted to post that I'm committing to get back to work on my exercise, etc. today. The trip has been over for a couple of weeks, and it is definitely time!

For those who want some details about the trip, here they are :goodvibes

We arrived in Florida on Saturday, February 6 and left on Saturday, February 13. There were five of us that went: DH, DF, DMIL, DFIL and me. It was DMIL and DFIL's first time, so it was fun to show them around.

The best days of the trip were Sunday and Monday. Sunday was Superbowl Sunday, and we went to Epcot during the day and Magic Kingdom evening EMH. The crowd levels were great- we went on Test Track twice, Soarin' twice and Space Mountain twice, all in one day! Thanks to the walking, my feet felt great throughout the duration of the trip. At 12:40 a.m. during Magic Kingdom evening EMH, I was ready to do more!! But everybody else was ready to go, so I gave in. Monday was great as well, because it was the warm day out of the trip. Very sunny and nice day at Magic Kingdom.

I put on a couple of pounds (okay, more than a couple) from dinners at Boma (my favorite!) and Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Another hilight of the trip was watching the space shuttle take off. It was at 4:30 a.m., so we just watched it from our resort (Coronado Springs). It was so neat to watch, and we were surprised how well we could see it from the resort.

Since I've been home, my mind has still been on 'vacation' as far as exercise and eating healthy. But today, that will change!

I know how hard it is to get back in the routine after a trip. It sounds like you had a great time, so at least you enjoyed adding a bit of weight. ;) Now that you're out of vacation mode and back in weight loss mode I think they will drop pretty quickly.

Just wanted to post an update for this week! I joined the March exercise thread and signed up to do 900 minutes of exercise this month. Currently I am at 150 minutes of exercise. All of those minutes, so far, have been spent walking. It's been fun making a goal and trying meet it, especially since it's something concrete and achievable (unlike weight loss sometimes!)

Walking has gone well this week. Feeling a lot more energized over last week once I got back in the swing of things. Eating has been pretty good- but can't say it's been great. While I'm at work, I do pretty well... but without the motivation of a trip coming up, it's been difficult to have self-control while at home. But each day, it gets a little better.

Today, I weighed 289.8 lbs. I was dreading what the scale would say, but actually I'm pretty happy considering what I ate last week.

Thanks to anyone who is reading this! It means a lot!

Amy, congrats on making a goal for 900 minutes this month! You can do this...so excited for you - and look at your all ready in the triple digits with that exercise - great job :banana:

Can't wait to hear you say you reached your goal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter