WISHing to Lose Weight - Amy's Journal - Comments Welcome!

Thanks guys! Sorry it's been so long since the last time I posted. Currently am at 355 minutes for the month.

It's the end of the month, and that means I have to tally up my total exercise for March. 580/900 minutes total - all of that was walking. For April, I signed up for 750 minutes. I'm going to need to take things up a notch to meet my new goal.

Nutrition has been going okay lately. Trying to moderate vs. the all or nothing approach I'm used to. Moderation has always been something difficult for me, so I'm hoping I can learn it this time and have it as a lifelong tool.

It's the end of the month, and that means I have to tally up my total exercise for March. 580/900 minutes total - all of that was walking. For April, I signed up for 750 minutes. I'm going to need to take things up a notch to meet my new goal.

Nutrition has been going okay lately. Trying to moderate vs. the all or nothing approach I'm used to. Moderation has always been something difficult for me, so I'm hoping I can learn it this time and have it as a lifelong tool.

Congrats on getting in so much exercise! I lost track of my exercise minutes for the month, but I was probably about the same. I decided to go for 900 again, not sure why.

Moderation sounds like a good plan. Like you said, the key is finding something that will work long-term.

Have walked 195 minutes out of the 750 minute goal I set for myself this month. Moderation is going okay. Trying to get so it becomes a new lifestyle choice. Hoping to start planning a Disney trip sometime in the next year to get some more motivation going again! :flower3:

A trip to Disney sounds like great motivation! You can do this!

Hey! You're doing really well! A trip to Disney sounds like perfect motivation to me!! :goodvibes Keep it up!! How do you find doing 900 minutes of walking a month? :cutie:

I didn't quite make my goal of 900 minutes last month, so I tried for 750 this month. Hopefully I'll get there! Last week, I didn't keep track... so this week I'm definitely going to keep track to add to the minutes of exercise for the month.

Where are you at with your exercise minutes? I myself, am not doing well. I got sick and that really got me off. Need to practice what I preach though. I am like 99% sure I could have gotten in at least a walk.

Have a great week!

I didn't sign up for the May exercise challenge. I haven't been walking as much but will need to make a mini-goal for the rest of the month.

Just signed up for the June exercise challenge. Hard to believe it's June already! Time goes by so fast. I signed up for 750 minutes and am planning on walking 60 minutes, 3-5 days a week.

I didn't sign up for the May exercise challenge. I haven't been walking as much but will need to make a mini-goal for the rest of the month.

Just signed up for the June exercise challenge. Hard to believe it's June already! Time goes by so fast. I signed up for 750 minutes and am planning on walking 60 minutes, 3-5 days a week.

Same here re: May and June. I only went for 600 min. because I was pretty much nonactive during May. Good luck!

June was a good month for exercise, and it was just okay for eating. I didn't keep exact track of the minutes, but I think it was around 1000. It's a lot easier to get outside in the summer. Goal for July = work more on the eating and keep up the exercise.

Well.... after a loooooong time off, it's definitely time for me to get back on the bandwagon. Admittedly, I've gained around 40 lbs. since my trip to Disney. It was so easy to exercise before the trip when I had a goal. I now weigh the most I ever have, so something's got to change.

Inspired by another thread on the WISH boards, my new goal is to walk to Disney! The new goal will be to reach 2 million steps (approx 1000 miles). Once I reach the 2 million mark, I can start planning my trip to Disney. Since DH and I are really hoping to go in January 2011, I need to get moving!

On this journal, I commit to wearing my pedometer each day and tracking my progress.

Day 1
8/23/10: 8117 steps (approx 4.06 miles)

My goal for today is to go over 10,000 steps :thumbsup2
Thanks for reading & good luck on your journey as well!

Day 4
8/26/10: 14177 steps (approx 7.09 miles)

Day 5
8/27/10: 6799 steps (approx 3.40 miles)

Day 6
8/28/10: 11852 steps (approx 5.93 miles)

Day 7
8/29/10: 3180 steps (approx 1.59 miles)

Day 8
8/30/10: 3791 steps (approx 1.90 miles)

Day 9
8/31/10: 4202 steps (approx 2.10 miles)

Day 10
9/1/10: 2286 steps (approx 1.14 miles)

Day 11
9/2/10: 6283 steps (approx 3.14 miles)

Day 12
9/3/10: 5015 steps (approx 2.51 miles)

Day 13
9/4/10: 5873 steps (approx 2.94 miles)

Day 14
9/5/10: 1260 steps (approx 0.63 miles)

Total to date: 46.73/1000 miles

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter