With Magical Express going away, how are you getting to WDW in 2022?

We are trying out Mears for our Jan/Feb trip. Our only slight annoyance is we have a booster seat kid, but the Mears cost came to $123 round trip for 4 people. Price was much better than what Uber and Lyft or any private car service was quoting me. We like to stay “in the bubble” so no need for our own car. I have to admit getting our own bags from baggage claim now seems very sad, but first world problems lol.

I'm surprised you couldn't beat $123 with Uber/Lyft. When we were there in October it was $49-54 for Lyft XL (SUV) each way MCO to the Swan. Within 10 minutes of grabbing our luggage we were getting in a car right outside of baggage claim going directly to the hotel. It's hard to beat IMO, unless you need car seats. You said you need a booster so that might be an issue with Ride share, not sure. (My son was past that age before ride share was a thing, lol)

We are trying out Mears for our Jan/Feb trip. Our only slight annoyance is we have a booster seat kid, but the Mears cost came to $123 round trip for 4 people. Price was much better than what Uber and Lyft or any private car service was quoting me. We like to stay “in the bubble” so no need for our own car. I have to admit getting our own bags from baggage claim now seems very sad, but first world problems lol.

You're quote is probably based on Uber's "Covid limit" of 3 riders for a standard UberX. Drivers are largely not enforcing that, so if you were going to OKW, for example, your fare for an UberX would be in the $29-$36 range one way. That would be $72+tip even if you are going peak time both ways.

PS if you are moving your house with you, and need an UberXL instead for the luggage space, see BamaGuy44's post above. Still a bit cheaper than Mears, and you're in a van or large SUV instead of a bus.

I'm surprised you couldn't beat $123 with Uber/Lyft. When we were there in October it was $49-54 for Lyft XL (SUV) each way MCO to the Swan. Within 10 minutes of grabbing our luggage we were getting in a car right outside of baggage claim going directly to the hotel. It's hard to beat IMO, unless you need car seats. You said you need a booster so that might be an issue with Ride share, not sure. (My son was past that age before ride share was a thing, lol)
You're quote is probably based on Uber's "Covid limit" of 3 riders for a standard UberX. Drivers are largely not enforcing that, so if you were going to OKW, for example, your fare for an UberX would be in the $29-$36 range one way. That would be $72+tip even if you are going peak time both ways.

PS if you are moving your house with you, and need an UberXL instead for the luggage space, see BamaGuy44's post above. Still a bit cheaper than Mears, and you're in a van or large SUV instead of a bus.

I just put my trip though the apps a few times and got around $70 consistently for both. But maybe the times I was checking were peak so I’ll definitely look again. Yeah you need boosters in any typical car. We could get a travel one if needed, but rather try not to if we can.

Thanks for the tips!

I just put my trip though the apps a few times and got around $70 consistently for both. But maybe the times I was checking were peak so I’ll definitely look again. Yeah you need boosters in any typical car. We could get a travel one if needed, but rather try not to if we can.

Thanks for the tips!

You do need a booster. I hear some drivers will take a tot without a booster or even an infant without a car seat, but I won't do it. We are subject to the same laws as everyone else in their personal cars.

You do need a booster. I hear some drivers will take a tot without a booster or even an infant without a car seat, but I won't do it. We are subject to the same laws as everyone else in their personal cars.
Yeah even if I was crazy enough to try that it would jinx us for sure I know it lol. So not worth the risk.

Sunshine flyer looks promising, also, in the FAQ's, it reads that they might be offering luggage" service" come summer.

Probably Mears Connect like so many others but not going until October (as of now) so maybe others will come up by then.

We arrive on Jan15th. I'm thinking we will go with the Mears Connect. I'm hoping it will be a smooth transition. I'm so sad Magical Express is no more! It was so nice not having to worry how to get to and from the airport. Just another thing to worry about.

Ive got to get 8 of us from the airport to Disney. Not going to spend $32 per person for mears

Really not sure. Just my partner and I, no kids, going around Labor Day. Normally I'm a heavy Lyft user for airport trips due to credit card perks and I use it a lot while on property, but if town cars are allowed to help with luggage that would tip the scales toward that for us. We always check bags and I was really feeling the lack of luggage service on my 2 ME trips this past summer especially as a JetBlue passenger.

Rental car. We're DVC members, so no parking charges at the resort. We can pick up groceries, go outside the parks for dinner and spa time, and don't need to worry about masks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter