• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder how they'll spin this one.

The only issue I have is when people do make statements such as "don't call 911". The reason is because unless you truthfully when faced with various situations can say without a doubt you will not be calling for any emergency assistance then all it comes across as over-generalization combined with a not-so-respectful way (in my opinion) of getting your opinion heard.

Distrust in police is real and I understand that but it really is a different thing in my mind when someone says "don't call 911".

Not all police are good, not all police are bad, but I am no way shape or form going to advocate for denying someone assistance and choosing to not call 911.

*Of course these are all just my opinion*

Watch it turn out the police officers knew the woman, or the woman's fiancee, or something. Or were covering up the sexual assault that was being called in.

that was my mistake in the OP. There really should have been a 'some' in there - I have a very good relationship with police, here in my own country, in the UK, and whenever I've traveled in the US.

But, I stand by what I said in the OP, and in subsequent posts. You cannot continually justify these actions.

(And if you want to decrease civilians gunning down officers, and other innocent people then the country needs to have a serious conversation about gun regulations).

Do you not think there has been serious conversations about gun regulations in this country?
The female police officer that was killed was in NYC, where guns are regulated (more so than where I live). Do you think more regulations would keep a criminal from committing murder or any other crime with a gun?
Or, by regulation do you mean banning?

The problem isn't just regulating guns, you have to change the way people think, and that is never going to be regulated.

This story is horrific. I have to believe there is more to this than what we're hearing so far. It makes no sense that the woman who called 911 was killed. I don't know what it is, but I'll bet we find out. The cameras being turned off is puzzling. It's all too weird and very sad.

The information so far is pretty thin but if the police officers were still in their car and it all went down quickly, I can see where they didn't have a chance to turn on their cameras.

If the cameras are not on all the time, I would expect them to turn them on right as they exit the vehicle. Perhaps the policy should be that they turn them on as soon as they take action to respond to a call.

*******I must note: there is not much information at all at this point. So everything is just speculation right now.

Do you not think there has been serious conversations about gun regulations in this country?
The female police officer that was killed was in NYC, where guns are regulated (more so than where I live). Do you think more regulations would keep a criminal from committing murder or any other crime with a gun?
Or, by regulation do you mean banning?

The problem isn't just regulating guns, you have to change the way people think, and that is never going to be regulated.
Gun regulations here in NYC are useless when you can go out of state and purchase a gun. Or purchase one here on the streets.

Gun regulations here in NYC are useless when you can go out of state and purchase a gun. Or purchase one here on the streets.

Not for law abiding citizens, that is my point.

There is a federal law that bans people convicted of certain crimes from owning guns. Yet, those people still manage to get them. What more regulation can prevent that?
I'm not being snarky, I'm genuinely interested in what people think can be done that isn't done now.

There is no spin here.... Not yet. A lot of silence.
There is a lot that went wrong here, and a lot of responsibility to be taken.
I think the agency(s) know this.
There have been complaints about this one individual officer before.

I have to say, what about the 'spin' on all of the law enforcement officers... white, black, male female, whatever... who have been gunned down or have lost their lives in the line of duty.
Not seeing threads on that, here.

I am NOT trying to make any justification here, at all.
And, I hope this officer is held accountable.
I think he will be.

There is a lot that is still unknown here. TOO MUCH actually.
But, I do wonder about how this woman 'approached' these police officers in their police car.
I, personally, would never do that. Especially knowing that these officers were being called into a potentially violent, volatile, situation.
I, just personally, would never do that.

As far as the reports filed against officers go, that happens all of the time.

People aren't generally really happy about being arrested or having their car towed etc... And yes they will file complaints/sue.

I'm not saying that officer isn't wrong. It certainly seems as though he is at this point. I'm just pointing out that having reports filed against an officer isn't always a sign that they are a "bad cop".

I have to say, what about the 'spin' on all of the law enforcement officers... white, black, male female, whatever... who have been gunned down or have lost their lives in the line of duty.

I think he will be.

But, I do wonder about how this woman 'approached' these police officers in their police car.
I, personally, would never do that. Especially knowing that these officers were being called into a potentially violent, volatile, situation.

History has shown us that previous complaints against a cop do not matter. Cops are not held accountable when they kill people. Of course things will be different this this time around.

The story has been this plain in other cases. And in those cases the blue wall was in full effect. I expect the same "rules" to apply now.

I'm waiting for all the dirt to come out on this woman. Surely someone has contacted her kindergarten teacher by now and found out that she was a candy bandit at the age of 5.

When will the media splash pictures of her out drinking and partying with her friends all over the place?

Did any of the officers instruct her to leave her home and approach their vehicles?

The story has NOT always been plain in EVERYONE's eyes though. If I believe it's black, you believe it's white, and someone else believes it's gray, who's right?

Example, I've actually handled the exact model of "toy" gun Tamir Rice was holding when he was shot. From a distance of 18 inches, it looks EXACTLY like the most popular model of REAL handgun sold in the US. I consider myself somewhat of a firearms enthusiast and even I didn't realize it wasn't the real deal until I actually picked it up. So, I don't believe that case to be black or white, but definitely gray. But, there's no consensus on the matter, obviously.

I think he will be.

Nothing is stopping you from starting one.

The story has NOT always been plain in EVERYONE's eyes though. If I believe it's black, you believe it's white, and someone else believes it's gray, who's right?

Example, I've actually handled the exact model of "toy" gun Tamir Rice was holding when he was shot. From a distance of 18 inches, it looks EXACTLY like the most popular model of REAL handgun sold in the US. I consider myself somewhat of a firearms enthusiast and even I didn't realize it wasn't the real deal until I actually picked it up. So, I don't believe that case to be black or white, but definitely gray. But, there's no consensus on the matter, obviously.
COOL

Now we don't have to pretend that the current shooting is not plain in everyone's eyes.

This cop, his union....should all use the excuses that have been used before. I feared for my life, I saw her reach for something, she did not comply....

I just read that she was actually talking to the PO in the driver seat when Noor shot multiple times at her.
I had originally thought she was approaching the car and hadn't yet made any contact with the officers.

I always love when citizens of other countries want to tell us what rights we can and cannot have. :rolleyes1o_O

I am impressed that you, who I assume are an American, can post that without a hint of irony or self-awareness, given our nation's history (and present day) of pushing our values and opinions on the citizens of other nations. No nation in the history the planet has pushed itself more onto the citizens of other nations that ours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter