Working at Disney's Reservation Center

HLAuburn

DIS Veteran
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I wasn't sure what exactly to search for.

I'm curious to know if anyone knows any details about who answers the call when you call central reservations. Are they all in one big call center (or a few call centers?) like in Orlando or are the calls directed to individuals who work at home? And how exactly do you get a job doing that?!

Honestly, sometimes when I call, I feel like I know more than the agent on the other end. Now I know they have to know about everything Disney AND be super friendly too, but it sounds like a pretty cool job.

Just wondering... :)

They are call centers, mostly in Orlando & Tampa. Different CMs have different specialties; some are generalists.

You get a job doing that the same way you get a job anywhere else. Go to the Disney Careers website, see if they're accepting applications for DRC agents, and apply. Or just apply and state in your cover letter that you're interested in the DRC.

No big mystery. :)

:earsboy:

I've worked in a number of call centers and when it comes to knowledge of the agents you're talking to it's going to vary. Call center agents have a high burnout rate and because of this they are always hiring large numbers of new agents to replace those that leave. You could get someone who just completed training the day before when you call or you could get someone who has been doing the job for years. It's the luck of the draw. One thing that is pretty consistent about most call centers if seniority has at least something to do with the shifts that people get. The people who have been there longer often get first pick of their desired shift and newer people choose last. If you have a more complicated issue and you know most people who are at a place a long time are most likely going to choose a weekend shift with weekends off it is better to call during the day on a week day if you want to reach a more experienced agent. I don't work for Disney but the call center I work for has work at home positions and how it works is you have to work in the office (call center) for a period of time and once you've proven you're good at the job you can apply for a work at home position. I've heard of other places hiring people to work at home from the beginning but I think it's not as good because in the beginning of any job there is so much to learn and you will often need help and have questions.

Disney's call centers are in Orlando, Tampa, somewhere around Houston, near Salt Lake City, in the Kansas City area, and somewhere in North Carolina.

The two major ones are Orlando and Tampa, that's where pretty much every call goes. I will tell you, most of the folks I know there have worked for the company years. They work there because they enjoy what they do and love being where the magical vacation starts for most families. A lot of them have not only worked at the DRC. I know some came from GS positions from the parks, attractions, some from positions at Team Disney, etc.

I know this thread is old but I was wondering about everyone’s recent experiences with working for DRC.

I have my one on one interview with them in a few weeks and I am very nervous.

I know this thread is old but I was wondering about everyone’s recent experiences with working for DRC.

Good luck with your interview. Hope you do fine. Wear some Disney clothing to the interview.

My daughter moved to Florida 2 years ago and applied for the call center position. She was hired and absolutely loves her job and all the great perks that goes with it. Disney has treated her very well and she doesn't have a bad thing to say about them. I've never heard her happier.

Best of luck Mandi Nicole I just know you'll do great!

My daughter moved to Florida 2 years ago and applied for the call center position. She was hired and absolutely loves her job and all the great perks that goes with it. Disney has treated her very well and she doesn't have a bad thing to say about them. I've never heard her happier.

Best of luck Mandi Nicole I just know you'll do great!
Thank you so much! I'm really nervous, but I hear that the job has great benefits which is something I now have to focus on because I have a little man on the way. But I also love Disney and know a lot about the parks and resorts. I've always wanted to be a part of the magic! So although I'm nervous, I am so excited for this opportunity!

Thank you so much! I'm really nervous, but I hear that the job has great benefits which is something I now have to focus on because I have a little man on the way. But I also love Disney and know a lot about the parks and resorts. I've always wanted to be a part of the magic! So although I'm nervous, I am so excited for this opportunity!

Mandi, we brought our kids up as Disney lovers and it was always my daughters dream to work for them. Her and her husband moved to Florida from RI without jobs and within a month were both employed. My daughter naturally applied to Disney the moment they arrived there and within the month was in training for her new position. I'll just give you an example of something Disney has done for her family. Last year when the hurricane hit Orlando my daughter lost power for a week. Very hot in her home without A/C. Disney put the family up at ASMovies for a few days just so they could have electric and A/C. She not only loves working for Disney but loves her coworkers and bosses also. It's like one big family. She is very knowledgeable when booking peoples vacations and really enjoys her job. Plus getting into the reservations area opens up opportunities to move to other jobs in the Disney family.

When you interview just relax be confident and be yourself. My daughter said the people who interviewed her were very nice and not intimidating in the least. I have a good feeling about you. Please keep us informed and best of luck.

Mandi, we brought our kids up as Disney lovers and it was always my daughters dream to work for them. Her and her husband moved to Florida from RI without jobs and within a month were both employed. My daughter naturally applied to Disney the moment they arrived there and within the month was in training for her new position. I'll just give you an example of something Disney has done for her family. Last year when the hurricane hit Orlando my daughter lost power for a week. Very hot in her home without A/C. Disney put the family up at ASMovies for a few days just so they could have electric and A/C. She not only loves working for Disney but loves her coworkers and bosses also. It's like one big family. She is very knowledgeable when booking peoples vacations and really enjoys her job. Plus getting into the reservations area opens up opportunities to move to other jobs in the Disney family.

When you interview just relax be confident and be yourself. My daughter said the people who interviewed her were very nice and not intimidating in the least. I have a good feeling about you. Please keep us informed and best of luck.

Hi! I just had my one on one in person interview yesterday! I was early and rocked my Star Wars heels and beauty and the beast purse! I was relaxed and made sure to have fun and smile throughout the interview. There was lots of laughs and jokes! They seem to like me, but then again they were interviewing 32 other people. I really hope they overlooked the fact that I’m pregnant because all the training ends like a month and a half before I’m due. I hope I get it! This is a dream job for me!

Hi! I just had my one on one in person interview yesterday! I was early and rocked my Star Wars heels and beauty and the beast purse! I was relaxed and made sure to have fun and smile throughout the interview. There was lots of laughs and jokes! They seem to like me, but then again they were interviewing 32 other people. I really hope they overlooked the fact that I’m pregnant because all the training ends like a month and a half before I’m due. I hope I get it! This is a dream job for me!

Hi Mandi, thanks for the update. It sounds like you did a great job in your interview. I'm sure Disney is looking for more than 1 position to fill so don't let 32 other applicants worry you. Please keep us informed I'm very interested in the outcome. Best of luck!

Also congratulations on your pregnancy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter