World of Color Preferred Viewing Dining Reviews: Ariel's vs. WCT!

But wait, if we have a themepark view suite at the Villas, what are our chances of seeing it from our room?! OOH! Just a thought.

But wait, if we have a themepark view suite at the Villas, what are our chances of seeing it from our room?! OOH! Just a thought.
There is good chance you can see it from the side - not a very good view. It was designed to be seen from Paradise Park.

Just back from the Grand CA, we had a 3rd floor view of PP. The show should be seen from the viewing area. However I did enjoy watching from the room every evening. I usually was back for the later shows, nothing better that watching from the balcony wearing the comfy robe with a nice drink in hand.:)

For our in park viewing strategy, we used the early entry from the Grand and scored the Blue section FP. We did arrive early and had a really nice, and mostly dry view. This show is not to be missed, it is so good.

Just back from the Grand CA, we had a 3rd floor view of PP. The show should be seen from the viewing area. However I did enjoy watching from the room every evening. I usually was back for the later shows, nothing better that watching from the balcony wearing the comfy robe with a nice drink in hand.:)

For our in park viewing strategy, we used the early entry from the Grand and scored the Blue section FP. We did arrive early and had a really nice, and mostly dry view. This show is not to be missed, it is so good.

After watching the clip on The Disney Channel with the kid, you're right, I think we may nix one night at Napa Rose for the show. I think we'll get the picnic (even if we don't eat it, it may be our best bet to get a good spot in the viewing area). So, WHAT ARE YOU CALLING EARLY?!! Do tell! LOL

Oh, now I'm all confused. Okay, two questions for y'all:

Do people who have dinner ressies at AG or WCT get a better seat than the people who go for the picnic deal?

...and I assume one has to stay in the park after dinner (even if it's a 5PM seating) in order to volley for position?

Do people who have dinner ressies at AG or WCT get a better seat than the people who go for the picnic deal?

Yes, you get a better place to stand (unless your ideal spot is right up against the railing in the very front section, in which case, go for a picnic meal).

...and I assume one has to stay in the park after dinner (even if it's a 5PM seating) in order to volley for position?

Yes. The ticket says to come back at 7:30pm, but they actually open the floodgates at 7pm, so if you're not already waiting there, you won't get a spot at the front of whatever section you're in.

Thank you guys! All your help has straightened me out. When I first looked at the picnic meals, there were plenty to be had. Of course, today, they're all gone. So, I went with Plan B: a 5pm reservation at the "Trat," which includes the Golden Ticket to the 9pm show. So, the running of the bulls starts at 7pm, hey?!

While I was on the phone, I made a reservation for Napa Rose at 7:30 next Friday, 8/6, which is the day we fly in. We have to remember that the 7:30 reservation is really 10:30 for us. Considering our flight is at 9AM EST, it's gonna be a long day. But I can't wait!

I think I saw this somewhere but I forgot where. Is there an AP discount for the WOC dining meal?

Yes. You can use your standard AP dining discount at Ariel's and Wine Country Trattoria, and the picnic meals you order online come at a reduced rate for AP holders.

That first menu (first meal) doesn't appeal to me. And if you don't take into account the reputation of the restaurant, you wouldn't want to pay that much for that food. IMO

We ate at Ariel's on July 29th

The Bread

img_1598.jpg

We chose the veggie appetizer platter as DS and I do not eat seafood

img_1599.jpg

img_1600.jpg

And I treated myself to a glotini!

img_1601.jpg

For entrees we all wanted to get different things -

DH got the Tritip which I thought was the best of the 3 meals

img_1603.jpg

DS the sausage pasta

img_1604.jpg

I got the spinach and cheese anglotti

img_1605.jpg

On to dessert!

img_1606.jpg

img_1610.jpg

DS "drinking" his tiramisu!

img_1608.jpg

All in all a very enjoyable meal!

We hung around the viewing area after the meal and finally were told we could line up by the big tree. We among the first into the viewing area & ended up at the railing near the center. This was well definitely well worth it!

Yes. The ticket says to come back at 7:30pm, but they actually open the floodgates at 7pm, so if you're not already waiting there, you won't get a spot at the front of whatever section you're in.[/QUOTE]

We were there from July 18-22 and they were not letting people into the viewing area until about 5 minutes to 7:30. I did see a crowd that had formed around 7:00 waiting to get in from the Paradise Pier side.

I wanted to give this page a bump because of all the folks going to Disneyland during Halloweentime and christmas time. I'm going in November 23-26. I would love to know if anything has changed with reguard to seating arragments, preferably the prefered seating. We have a AG/WOC dinning package on the 26 at 6:20. After reading the reviews I'm going to change to a 5:40 dinner time. Do I still need to line up at 7 to have a better chance of getting a "good" spot?

Thank you for all the information! I'm also thinking about a family trip over Thanksgiving. I know it will be crowded but that is when the family has the time.

Does anyone know how the price of the WOC packages compare to eating at Blue Bayou?

That was our original plan for a nice dinner that weekend until I saw this thread. Given that we're travelling with 2 seniors and 2 toddlers, I thought it might be worth it to get some help with avoiding a long line and heavily crowded section for WOC.

As we're doing a princess lunch at AG, I was more keen to try WCT, but it sounds like people feel Ariel has better food and costs less than WCT. On the other hand, if we could manage to see the Pixar Parade from WCT that could tip the balance back to WCT.

How difficult would seeing the Pixar Parade from WCT be with a WOC package and what time and part of the restaurant would I need to request?;)

Thanks again to all have shared your stories and information.

I have a question for anyone who might know the answer. I won't be at DL until next April, but it's for 6 nights prior to the Disney Wonder cruise heading from LA to Vancouver on the 27th so I'll be there for a busy time- Easter weekend and a few days before and after. I plan on booking the WOC dining package at AG. My biggest concern is that I will be travelling in my power wheelchair with my service dog. We I be able to see anything at all from a seated position, and will my SD be trampled? We're staying at GCH villas ( DVC) and while I'd love to also have a view of WOC from my room, that's certainly not guaranteed and I don't expect it. Besides- I still want to see the show "in person". Does anyone have any advice? Should I do the early or late show? Should I book my meal prior to the show or afterward? I'm flexible on which evening to book ( or may do both AG and a picnic) but I figure the crowds will likely be the same each evening anyway. Also, how early can I make this ressie? I only saw online that the picnics can only be reserved 30 days prior but want to secure AG asap. Thanks for any advice!---Kathy

I plan on booking the WOC dining package at AG. My biggest concern is that I will be travelling in my power wheelchair with my service dog. We I be able to see anything at all from a seated position, and will my SD be trampled?

Having experienced the WOC Dining package at AG and the Handicapped seating, I was disappointed. Do you have someone with you not in a wheelchair? If so, I'm sure your SD will be fine, but I would go for the first showing. But what you will need to do is have a reservation around 5:00PM. When you finish your dinner (they give you the tickets once you pay the bill), go directly to the entrance point. You will be seated in the handicapped section with those who purchase the picnic meals, so if you don't want to pay for the $40 meal, you can get your picnic meal and eat it while you wait for the show.

However, you need to be at the entrance point well before they tell you. It's sort of mayhem when they open up the gates, but once you are inside the handicapped area it is very calm. We were in the front most of the two handicapped areas of the dining section and in hind sight, i would probably choose the higher one. We were disappointed, not by the show, but our view. We couldn't see the lower third of the water projections from our chairs because of the crowds in front of us. One tall man even had the gall to put his kid on his shoulders.

We're staying at GCH villas ( DVC) and while I'd love to also have a view of WOC from my room, that's certainly not guaranteed and I don't expect it.

I can tell you that the Acessible units are on the first floor with no view. Unless you actually require one of those units for the accessibility to the shower or the toilet (that was the only difference that I noticed). My DP is disabled but can walk limited amounts with two canes, so the amenities in the accessible rooms did not assist her. I believe they were designed for a person in a wheelchair that must transfer from chair to shower or commode. I do not know your mobility requirements, but if you would like a view there will not be one in an accessible unit.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy the show! And your cruise, it sounds wonderful!

Yet another question--glad this has been bumped, since we're going Dec 2nd-4th and trying to see WOC.

We were planning on doing the picnic meals to get our WOC FP's.

Questions:
1) Which color section do the Picnic WOC purchasers get put into (Always Blue? Yellow? randomly?)

2) What time should we line up for the 8:15 PM show--still 7 PM?

3) Is WOC still crazy busy/will it be Dec. 2nd-4th (Thursday-Saturday)?

4) Should we try to attend Thursday, Dec. 2nd or Friday, Dec. 3rd? (pros/cons--we're trying to see the fireworks/parade over at DL as well--not sure which nights to do what)

5) WHERE is the line up/entry spot for the WOC Picnic people?

6) What else do I need to know about the picnic WOC? (there are 5 of us--DH, myself,DD (6) DS (4) and their grandma (61).

TIA!! :flower3:

Questions:
1) Which color section do the Picnic WOC purchasers get put into (Always Blue? Yellow? randomly?)

Blue & Yellow. One guy has even postulated that they give Blue FPs until they run out and then switch to yellow.

2) What time should we line up for the 8:15 PM show--still 7 PM?

Take whatever time Disney tells you to come back and subtract 30 minutes. So when they told us 7:30, they actually opened the gates at 7pm. But we got there at 6:45 so we could be toward the front of the crowd waiting.

3) Is WOC still crazy busy/will it be Dec. 2nd-4th (Thursday-Saturday)?

Yes, for the first show, but it fluctuates now with Annual Passholder blockout dates. Your best bet would be the 4th because only the top-tier APs can get in on Saturdays.

4) Should we try to attend Thursday, Dec. 2nd or Friday, Dec. 3rd? (pros/cons--we're trying to see the fireworks/parade over at DL as well--not sure which nights to do what)

See "blockout dates," above.

5) WHERE is the line up/entry spot for the WOC Picnic people?

It depends on your pass color. Orange is over near the bridge, Blue is where the bridge meets Paradise Park, and Yellow is on the other side of the Dinner Package entrance (in the center of the park) but not as far as the Golden Zephyr, where Red lines up.

6) What else do I need to know about the picnic WOC? (there are 5 of us--DH, myself,DD (6) DS (4) and their grandma (61).

You can pick them up starting around midday, and since the portion sizes are so small, you may want to eat them for lunch and get something else for dinner (if you like a big dinner). You can purchase them online in advance, which you might want to do if you have your heart set on seeing WOC on a certain day. The picnics sometimes sell out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter