World of Color Superthread

We had 6:30 reservations for WCT on Tuesday evening, June 15th at 6:30 -- 2 separate reservations for 8 & 2 since they said the max party size is 8.

How our day went was we did EE at DL & when we left for an afternoon break I ran to DCA & picked up FP for Soarin'. We entered DCA around 4:30 & got our spots for the Pixar Parade (which was great), used our FP's for Soarin' after the parade & made it to WCT at exactly 6:30.

We asked if we could possibly get a table for 10, but all they could do to seat us immediately was to split up the parties to 6 & 4 (which was fine). We ended up having the same server & she was able to combine our bills (dinner was our treat) so that was very nice.

We sat upstairs under cover (not sure if it is considered inside or outside, but we were chilly by the time we were done around 7:40 or so). Food was exactly the same as everyone else has reported - blah. EVERYONE ordered the New York... Our server told us the kitchen was having issues with the roaster & that all meat was going to be medium rare...anything more would require as much as a 20 minute wait. We didn't want to add time so everyone was fine with medium rare. We got our bread, it was fine - nothing spectacular. Salad was okay, different but rather small. We got our New Yorks & there wasn't a bit of pink in any of them. We figure they carved the roast & had the meat sitting out so it continued to cook. While there was no pink, it was, at least, tender. Potatoes (which not all were cooked through) had the tiniest piece of Gorgonzola cheese on top & the green beans were pathetic little shrivels of vegetable. Dessert was interesting, but nothing I would choose to order again. Upstairs they were not able to bring my mom coffee -- server said it was too much of a hassle since the only coffee maker was downstairs & we didn't want to wait.

We got our bill rather quickly....total was $380 including tip (but before the $30 discount for Disney Rewards Visa) for 6 adults, 3 kids & non-paying "infant" (they let my 10 year old niece order off the kids menu, saving me $20). But then I had to remind them to give me my WOC Showpasses after I paid (which was annoying).

We left WCT & went straight towards assigned seating. The first CM told us to go straight to the "YELLOW" viewing area (I don't know if i was blind, but I wasn't seeing ANY colors). I went straight towards the center area & showed our passed to the CM who said we were in the right area. We were pretty close to center, in the third tier. We arrived there around 7:45. I have no idea if this was really the Yellow area.

To answer a previous poster's question as to what to do to entertain the kids, I bought a ton of glo-sticks at the dollar store & we got those going & shared among the other kids in our area. We chatted with the other families & when the pre-show started (what fun!) and then later on during the actual WOC everyone was great about letting the kids get up front to the railing so they could see. I would think you could also bring cards, books, small toyss etc. to keep them entertained.

My 5 yo niece had to use the bathroom during the pre-show & it wasn't an issue at all. They gave my SIL a ticket to get back into the area & she made it back in plenty of time.

Also, interestingly we had a CM approach us to tell us we may need to lift up the kids during the show & she offered that shoulder sitting was fine as long as we weren't blocking anyone behind us. This suprised me, but we didn't have any kids on shoulders (wasn't even necessary, let alone it is rude!) Though I did see a few kids in the lower tiers on shoulders.

Oh, and the show? It was fun! I think I like Fantasmic! better though. I would definitely do the Dinner package again (would try AG though) simply to not have to stress about getting a Showpass & I would like to eventually return & have closer viewing. I figure we have to eat dinner anyway & really we are paying to not have to stand in the show-pass line & we get the bonus of mediocre food! :laughing:

I am curious though about previous posters/reviewers who said that their Picnic SP were in the Yellow area. I don't know if we were told the wrong color or what, but we did appear to be pretty close to center, so I'm not sure if they really are changing around the colors each night.

Okay, sorry for rambling....working on 5 hours of sleep & then a 14 hour day between the two parks and I'm running on fumes. Also apologize for any spelling errors as I'm too exhausted to proof-read. Hope some of this helps someone in their decisions about viewing WOC! if I think of anything else when I am more alert I'll add it later.

thanks for the info egritz! Glad to hear you had a great time :)

OK, I have a question related to WOC but I'm not sure where to put it.

For families with toddler(s), if you are to wait for 2hrs from the time they let you in what do you do to occupy your babies?
I would like to get a good viewing spot but the thought of keeping DD busy for 2hrs without being able to walk around is daunting. Plus what about if we need to change her diaper. Would we even be able to get out and get back in without getting dirty looks? I don't think people would want to see diaper changing action right in front of them... :lmao:

Thanks!

We're taking our two-year-old, and we've been thinking the same thing. Basically, we're coming prepared with sticker books and whatever else might keep him occupied.
As far as the diaper changing, I wouldn't worry too much about other people--I think most will understand. :flower3:

Good luck!

As far as the diaper changing, I wouldn't worry too much about other people--I think most will understand. I remember having to change my then-8 month old on a stone slab in the Japanese Pavilion while waiting in line for the Candlelight Processional--It wasn't a big deal at all. :flower3:

They will let you go to the bathrooms to do that sort of thing.

We're taking our two-year-old, and we've been thinking the same thing. Basically, we're coming prepared with sticker books and whatever else might keep him occupied.
As far as the diaper changing, I wouldn't worry too much about other people--I think most will understand. :flower3:

Good luck!

Oh good... it's not just me who's worried about this... oh well. Worst off we just have to leave the area if DD isn't cooperating. It won't be the end of the world... :)
Just an excuse to return to DL again :thumbsup2

They will let you go to the bathrooms to do that sort of thing.

Thanks! I'm glad to hear it. I just don't want people to think that we are being inconsiderate trying to squeeze our way to the front kinda thing.

Hi everyone! we're still here at the GCH...it's 3am & I haven't gone to bed yet (so this will be quick). Just wanted to let you all know that we picked up our pre-ordered picnic meals today for the WOC 9pm show. We ended up getting the BLUE section (which seems to still be the center) and we were the top tier. DH did not want to wait 2 hrs for a good spot since he said we had reserved spaces anyway, so DH & DD1 went on rides until 8pm (when they closed the PP rides) and we ran over to the WOC reserved standing area at about 8:25pm. I was able to get a pretty decent spot considering...maybe because we happened to end up behind a family w/relatives in wheelchairs?, but it seemed like there was plenty of space. I don't think I could've waited longer than the 1/2 hr. with our 2-year old. We brought our stroller in & she had snacks and toys, but she still got fussy by the time the show was actually finished. My brain is dead right now, but I just wanted to let those with young children know that it is possible to get a decent spot if you don't want to wait a couple of hours.

So if they are doing WOC FPs until 12:27+ does that mean no GRR FPs until after? Like when? Anyone know?

It just depends on when all the FP are dispensed for WOC. On Sunday, there was still a line of about 40 people or so at 2 pm, because we went over to get GRR FP, and the people told us they were finally about to get their FP for WOC.

When you enter the section, they will take your FP. According to a CM I asked, if you need to go to the restroom, they will hand you back FP for that section so you can get back in.

On a side note, there were kids on parents shoulders in the lower section, and it was really annoying. We heard a lot of people mentioning that on the walk out. I noticed it myself also. As a parent, I'm sympathetic, but it is indeed incredibly rude to the people behind you trying to see. The CM's didn't seem to worry about the ones we saw in the front section below us.

Our Preferred Dining tix put us right in the blue section, and we were at the top of the stairs in the middle of the section, which worked very well. I know a lot of people say it's cool without the clear view of the animation on the mist, but really I felt that was the coolest part.

My brain is dead right now, but I just wanted to let those with young children know that it is possible to get a decent spot if you don't want to wait a couple of hours.

Thanks for the info! We were beginning to think that WoC would be out of the question if we had to wait for two hours.

Just got back from Cali. World of Color is one of the most awesome things I've ever seen. It's worth getting up early to get FPs and waiting an hour for a good seat in Paradise Park. Don't know if it's worth the huge line because we didnt wait in it:banana:
But still, it is amazing. Just thought I'd throw that in there

Just checked online to see about picnics- sold out through June 29. June 30 had some availablity, didn't think to check July yet.

I have a link to my trip report on my signature. Page 3 has my thoughts and review of the WOC with preferred dining. I am open to questions! So glad we did it the way we did. Way too loud though for kids with sensitive ears.

Quick update...our last day in the parks was yesterday, Friday June 18th. DH & ran over to DCA around noon to get on Screamin' Single Rider before leaving for the airport & there was a very minimal line for the WOC Showpasses (I'd say between 50-80 people). They had just announced the additional/3rd show too. Much smaller line that what we saw on Tuesday when we were in the park around the same time to get Soarin' FP.

Also, my mother & I went to Fantasmic! on Thursday night (rest of the group chilled in the hotel either swimming or watching the NBA final game). A few groups around us had also seen WOC earlier in the week & we ALL agreed that Fantasmic! is MUCH better than WOC. With an actual story-line that flows it is just a show that makes a lot more sense. I still thoroughly enjoyed WOC, but on our next trip if we had to choose between the two shows I think I'd choose Fantasmic! I love seeing Mickey & all the characters on the boat, and when the evil queen turns into the dragon, it is just awesome!

Did preferred viewing again tonight, this time at Ariel's. I'm gonna write up another mini trip report with pictures, but wanted to report here that the color sections were delineated slightly differently this time.

For one thing, they have a dedicated entrance for preferred viewing dining package ticket holders now, instead of feeding everyone in with the Blue section FastPass holders.

The section we stood in last time, at the top set of stairs behind the big circle, is no longer part of the preferred viewing area and just for blue FastPasses.

Also, blue FastPasses no longer get you front and center, although I'm sure the view is still good. Now it's the Yellow section that is in the splash zone directly in front of the middle section where they put the preferred viewing package holders, while Blue is to the left of center.

We felt like our view, from the fence at the lowest boundary of the preferred viewing area, was ideal.

This is why I'm glad I wasn't one of the Guinea Pigs! I'm going on Thursday (had to move it up since my friend who is coming with us now has to go out of town), instead of July 7. Due to feedback I made the PS at Ariel's because the food looks much better than WCT. I haven't cancelled my July 7 yet, because I may want to to back. :thumbsup2

We were in the third tier for Preferred Dining & thought we had a good view...but now that we are home, my brother found pictures from people down front & said we missed A LOT of the show that looked like it was pretty awesome. So I still think Fantasmic is a better show, but perhaps it depends on where you get to view WOC from.

i finally saw WOC. i was over at SSS and was able to view it. it was not the best view you don't get to see the water screen stuff.. but it was still cool!

I know that if you want to get the picnic lunches at the park, they are good for the second show. I'm wondering when those lunches first go on sale? I read where someone bought them a week ago and you had to take the lunches when you bought them, unlike ordering them online and picking them up whenever. Anyone know the specifics of this?
Thanks!

We bought lunches at DCA last night. We purchased them about 6pm or so. They only had American and Asia at the time. We ate in the picnic area (tables, chairs, shade, ver nice). We received our Fastpasses with our dinner. As we walked around DCA we saw several people carrying the picnics in the tote bags to eat later.
We walked around the park, got some great ice cream cones, then headed over to the "line up" area around 8:40pm. Do go earlier than stated on the Fastpass. It can take a while to work your way to the area. We were at the front of the line, just hung out and waited. Then the Cast Member took us over to the yellow area. We stood next to the wheelchair viewing area, great view, center location. We did not want to get wet (it was cold last night). GREAT show, really wonderful, enjoyed every moment. More than worth the wait.

Also, interestingly we had a CM approach us to tell us we may need to lift up the kids during the show & she offered that shoulder sitting was fine as long as we weren't blocking anyone behind us. This suprised me, but we didn't have any kids on shoulders (wasn't even necessary, let alone it is rude!) Though I did see a few kids in the lower tiers on shoulders...

Okay this is not only just totally rude... but why are they TELLING people to do this??!! ...sigh

And thank you SO much for your report!!! Every bit of info helps!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter