World of Color Superthread

Before WoC went down, what time did FP generally run out assuming 1 show? I'm sure it varies, but I'd just like to get an idea of what to plan for. And do they always pass out the colors in the same order or does it vary?

As far as MaxPass, I guess we won't know until the show starts back up, but will there be a way to tell which color is handed out before booking it in the app? Does Fantasmic do this with showtimes?
The color order was first show blue, then yellow; second show blue, then yellow. It did not vary. Keep watching here to see how quickly FPs are running out when the show comes back. I'm sure people will report on that. WOC and F! were not available via MP when they went on hiatus. You had to go to the machines in person to get your FPs for either show. The only way to know which color/which show was being handed out was to ask the CMs at the machines. There hasn't been any official word that they will be using MP when they return. Again, keep watching here for updates on that.

For those asking about times, here’s what I was told when I booked for March(after being told there were no reservations available, the CM called me back to book it and with more info):
The CM read me a script that she looked up. It said there is 1 show per night and the show is scheduled to start when the park closes( I booked on a day that DCA closes at 10, so the show is at 10). Guests booked for the dessert party are asked to arrive 45 min before the show to be seated and served before the show begins.
Our reservation is for 9, but the park closes at 10.
Do you think that means line up at 9 with a showing of 10?
Or line up at 8 with a showing of 10?

We have a 9:15 reservation on the 24th, the park closes at 10 that night. I think it's interesting it will start when the park closes. Did it do that before? It's been a year since I saw it last and I don't remember. I can't tell from last years spreadsheet when the show started. My color block shows 7:30, park closing at 8, so I suppose it's a similar set up. This is also a note to me to be more detailed on my spreadsheet!

When we did go last February it was just me and my friend so we were sat with a couple. They were so lovely, from Canada on a trip sans children and we had a great little chat about all the snacks we'd been eating that day. It was fun to sit with people that were so enthusiastic about DLR because you don't get that opportunity out in the world all that often. They actually were the people who told me about Fresh Baked and that started me on the whole "must watch all the vlogs!". This year we'll have 5 people so I think we'll get split up or all smooshed together?

We have a 9:15 reservation on the 24th, the park closes at 10 that night. I think it's interesting it will start when the park closes. Did it do that before? It's been a year since I saw it last and I don't remember. I can't tell from last years spreadsheet when the show started. My color block shows 7:30, park closing at 8, so I suppose it's a similar set up. This is also a note to me to be more detailed on my spreadsheet!

When we did go last February it was just me and my friend so we were sat with a couple. They were so lovely, from Canada on a trip sans children and we had a great little chat about all the snacks we'd been eating that day. It was fun to sit with people that were so enthusiastic about DLR because you don't get that opportunity out in the world all that often. They actually were the people who told me about Fresh Baked and that started me on the whole "must watch all the vlogs!". This year we'll have 5 people so I think we'll get split up or all smooshed together?
Typically with an 8pm closing woc will play at 8:15. With a 10pm closing with one show it would play at 9:45.

The cups were originally for sale (~$25), but there was not much demand. It seems the cups were a nice gift for kids attending the DP, and cleared unsold stock. The cups were gone when WOC went down, but perhaps Disney will find a few more boxes (or pallets) :goodvibes
Those cups are MASSIVE and, after the DP is over, pretty useless. I mean, it's not like I'm going to lug the gigantic thing back to the park so that it can do its light thing. Right now, ours is in a cabinet taking up space.

Does anyone happen to know if adults at CCR can choose to order from the WOC kids menu, and be charged the kid price? If I would be charged the adult price anyways, then I would go with the regular offerings. Just personally not sure if I could eat an entire 3 course meal since usually an entree gets me full enough without appetizer/dessert.

So the dessert party for WOC isn't a buffet set up like the one at Magic Kingdom for the fireworks, right? Do they just bring you a plate of desserts, set bread on the table, and bring you drinks?

I'm still *sort of* thinking about this, but it's a lot and I've already got a tour scheduled for the day we'd do it, so maybe not this time.

So the dessert party for WOC isn't a buffet set up like the one at Magic Kingdom for the fireworks, right? Do they just bring you a plate of desserts, set bread on the table, and bring you drinks?

I'm still *sort of* thinking about this, but it's a lot and I've already got a tour scheduled for the day we'd do it, so maybe not this time.

The dessert party is plated, they bring it to you along with the bread basket. No buffet. It is a bit of money but man, the seats are worth it! We have a tour the same day as well but we're going to just make a day of it. Thankfully the parks are open for a fairly long time that day so we feel like we have enough space for all of it.

The dessert party is plated, they bring it to you along with the bread basket. No buffet. It is a bit of money but man, the seats are worth it! We have a tour the same day as well but we're going to just make a day of it. Thankfully the parks are open for a fairly long time that day so we feel like we have enough space for all of it.

I hear ya, but our day is a Tuesday, so park hours will be shorter, thus my maybe not wanting to do it this time around. We LOVED the HEA dessert party at MK last year. My husband said it was probably his favorite thing on the trip or at least one of his favorite things.

I hear ya, but our day is a Tuesday, so park hours will be shorter, thus my maybe not wanting to do it this time around. We LOVED the HEA dessert party at MK last year. My husband said it was probably his favorite thing on the trip or at least one of his favorite things.

Is there any way you could do it on one of your other nights? Because I agree, a Tuesday with both of those things would eat too much of my time.

I think we have some cross over dates on our trip actually. We're doing the tour and the WoC DP on Sunday the 24th.

Is there any way you could do it on one of your other nights? Because I agree, a Tuesday with both of those things would eat too much of my time.

I think we have some cross over dates on our trip actually. We're doing the tour and the WoC DP on Sunday the 24th.

We're only in the parks Monday, the 25th, and Tuesday, the 26th. We'll arrive and do DtD on the 24th. I think we'll save WOC for our next trip as our special thing this trip is the tour on the 26th.

We're only in the parks Monday, the 25th, and Tuesday, the 26th. We'll arrive and do DtD on the 24th. I think we'll save WOC for our next trip as our special thing this trip is the tour on the 26th.

Seems like a good plan. I think the tour is going to be so awesome, we're very excited! Have a great trip!!

Dumb question... is there somewhere I can find the Carthay Circle Menu for lunch?
It's been a while, but I think it was a selection of items off the regular lunch menu. So if you can find the regular CCR lunch menu (which does change seasonally, so keep that in mind), it should give you a basic idea of the kind of things that will be offered. I do remember that the biscuits were not on the WOC menu, but could be added for an upcharge.

So if you’re a group of six- do two of your party end up sharing a table with other folks? Or do they split your party between two tables?

So if you’re a group of six- do two of your party end up sharing a table with other folks? Or do they split your party between two tables?
You’ll be spilt between 2 tables no matter what because all tables seat 4. And yes, at least one table may have to share and if they allow you to go 3 and 3 it’s entirely possible both tables will have to share.

So I know I said I couldn't pay $80 for my 3 year old.....but here I come asking for advice because I'm actually considering it.

What is the seating arrangement. We will be 6 (4 adults and 2 kids). Is it only tables of 4?
Only tables of 4. So one table could be sharing. The tables are close by so while it’s awkward to talk with another table while eating it’s not impossible.

We will be there with a 5 day park hopper. I'm trying to decide if I want to book this for a weeknight where the parks close earlier or a Sunday/Friday when the parks are open later. Any opinions? Do the parks tend to clear out towards an eleven or midnight closing time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter