• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

World of Color Superthread

We will be there with a 5 day park hopper. I'm trying to decide if I want to book this for a weeknight where the parks close earlier or a Sunday/Friday when the parks are open later. Any opinions? Do the parks tend to clear out towards an eleven or midnight closing time?

I think during the busiest season DCA's latest closing time is 10pm.

You're right. I was kind of lumping both parks together. We will be there 2/23 - 3/1 so I'm hoping the crowds won't be too crazy. I think I'm leaning toward doing the dessert party Wednesday night.

We are doing the Dessert seating on your arrival day! I'm hoping to pop over to DL after since they are open until midnight but im going to play it by ear based on the wait times. And the fact we will be on day 7; so probably exhausted!

Does anyone have a link to view the seating area or pictures of the desserts for this? We are also trying to decide whether to do this or the Fantasmic dining and if we should do this on a weekday or weekend??
Also, anyone know how crazy it might be to try and walk from DCA to DL at closing? Thought about doing this and then hop to DL for the last 2 hours of the night.

looks like ******************* on ig is reporting that the show won't properly open again until March 1st and that the 22nd was an error - they're continuing their testing phase on the 23rd. so if you've made reservations for any of the february dates be on the lookout for emails from disney!

Keeping my fingers crossed that the testing week will go off without a hitch! I've booked the dessert party solo for the 27th. World of Color is my personal favorite nighttime show, but I've never done one of the dining or dessert packages before. The thought of getting to sit and enjoy an unobstructed view while sipping champagne and eating sweets sounds worth every penny. I'm the guinea pig reporting back on the experience to my normal Disney crew :D

looks like ******************* on ig is reporting that the show won't properly open again until March 1st and that the 22nd was an error - they're continuing their testing phase on the 23rd. so if you've made reservations for any of the february dates be on the lookout for emails from disney!

Reservations are still open for the week of the 23rd. I think they’d pull that down if it was truly an error. It’s been up for a week now. I suppose things can always change but it would be a really bad way for Disney to bring back to WoC. Talk about a build up then a let down.

I just booked this dessert party last night. Our first trip is coming up and we are stoked!

World of Color Dessert Party
Sunday Mar 10, 2019 (9:15 PM, Special)
Dining Party: 4 Guests

Does anyone know what “special” refers to? I’m guessing it just means a special event..

Is anyone else wondering if they will have changed things up after it being down for so long? New menu? Only curious. We have done a dp at MK and in terms of value that party menu had much more to offer.

I just got a call for my feb 28th dessert party reservation saying all is good but they changed the time from 7:30 seating to 7:15 seating.

That’s good to know! We are booked for 3/1 and the reservation time is 9:15. From what I’ve read here, the show is likely to start at 10, but I’ll feel much better once it’s on the official DL entertainment schedule. It seems odd that it still says “schedule unavailable” when it’s only 11 days away. I hope they update it soon.

My boyfriend and I will be going to DL for the first time in less than 2 weeks and we cannot decide which WOC package is right for us. We have looked into the dining packages and haven't heard the best things about Wine Country, which is where we'd likely select if we were to go with this option based on the menu choices since my boyfriend can be a picky eater. As for the dessert package I have heard great things but I just cannot get over the cost because looking at the dessert plate pictures there is not one thing my boyfriend or I would actually enjoy to eat besides the grapes. So I'm wondering is the $158 price tag for the both of us still worth it based on the lesser wait time and seat? Sorry for the redundant post but I would like to get some more opinions, and I am wondering if anyone thinks the packages aren't even necessary? Please let me know any suggestions you may have on this or any first timer tips, thank you!

I LOVE the Dessert Party and really thought it was worth every penny. However, we've also done the dining package at WCT and enjoyed that, too. WCT is actually one of our favorite TS restaurants.

I LOVE the Dessert Party and really thought it was worth every penny. However, we've also done the dining package at WCT and enjoyed that, too. WCT is actually one of our favorite TS restaurants.
Thank you for your input! Question about WCT, I have been reading reviews and a lot of people have been saying the service is very slow, have you ever encountered this?

None of them are necessary.

I dessert package I HATE crowds and I hate standing around for 30-60 mins for the show to start to ensure a good spot and then standing another 20 mins for a show- so the dessert package is the only way I even like WOC. Otherwise the experience is too stressful to me.

Concur on WCT. It’s reported to be hit or miss, flip a coin pretty much.

The desserts for the package are basically inedible imho, you are paying for the seats.

We can’t say whether or not the seats are “worth it” to you. To someone like me with crowd anxiety the answer is a resounding “heck yes!”. To someone who doesn’t care about crowds or standing on their feet at the end of the day the answer is a resounding “heck no!”. Only you can decide where you fit on that spectrum.

I'll chime in. We've done the WCT package and the dessert package and would do both again. I happen to love the food at WCT. We did have slow service both times we did the package but it wasn't horribly slow...just a bit slow. If you're planning on dining there anyway it makes sense to go ahead and do the package. The dessert package is what I would do though if its in my budget. First of all, having an actual seat at the end of the day is amazing! The service from our server was outstanding! And my party of 5 loved the plates of cheese/fruit/desserts we were given. This was 2017 I believe. Not sure if the desserts are different now but we all were very pleased with what we were given. During WOC we mainly ate the cheese and fruit and took most of the sweets back to the hotel after the show.

We have done both and would do both again, depending on what was in the budget.

We really like WCT, although the service is slow consistently. There is a small indoor area and if we get seated in there, it's just not good. Really loud, kind of crowded, just not enjoyable. Outside is much better. This is usually our "pasta party" on half-marathon weekends when they did them since the actual pasta party was ridiculously priced.

The dessert party we've done once and we really liked it. The waiter was great, very attentive. We are only a party of two so we had to share a table with another group who did not wish to speak to us at all, so that was a little awkward, but not that big of a deal. We had a fine time just the two of us. The dessert plate is way too much to eat, we ended up taking about half with us to our hotel.

Thank you for your input! Question about WCT, I have been reading reviews and a lot of people have been saying the service is very slow, have you ever encountered this?
Yes, definitely, we have. Last time we were there it took FOREVER just to pay. That happened pretty consistently that trip, though - WCT, Blue Bayou, and everywhere else we ate, it seemed as though they didn't want to take our money.

I have done the dessert package and think it's the only way to watch WOC. I also hate standing in line for an hour, just to stand in line for a show, and possibly still not be able to see it. (This is also why I've only seen the fireworks show once and that was when we did the no-longer-offered fantasmic dessert party, and I haven't seen a parade except in passing). If it's in budget and this is your first trip, I'd say go for the dessert package for sure.

And yes, service is slow at WCT, but it's one of our favorite places to eat also. We just go in knowing that the service will be slow and enjoy a couple of drinks and each other's company. It can be very romantic for a couple trip! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter