World of Color Superthread

You will still need to get a FP through one of the various methods. Each color zone has a HA area inside it where she can view from either on the ECV or if you get there on a bench that the ECV can be parked behind. You can see these areas on the map on the first page of this thread.

Does just the member of your party with the GAC sit in the handicapped area or do they let your party stay together? Anyone know?

Does just the member of your party with the GAC sit in the handicapped area or do they let your party stay together? Anyone know?

They let my party of two (me on the ECV and my friend with her kid) stay with me.

The second night we went a large group of 8 people turned up and all were allowed to stay in the handicapped (preferred dining) section, although the section was quite full. So I wouldn't say you will have much of a problem.

A GAC is good for your party up 6 people, or maybe it's 6+GAC holder. PP suggested that 8 people went in. Either somebody made an exception or the WoC crowd control didn't know how the GAC cards work. Of course it may of been a group with more than one GAC.

The GAC is to help the park assist guests with special needs, not to separate families, so you should be fine.

preferred dining spot help please....
so we are going the week after Christmas - expecting HUGE crowds - springing for the dinner package -preferred veiwing spot...I will find where the line is forming and WILL be there very early in hopes of getting right in and to the front railing ....BUT if something happens and everyone else has the same plan where should my second choice be??? this still confuses me even with looking at all the pics

I would have gone to the spot that is labeled bad view as it looks the next best to me - and now I have read why that is a bad view....so where is second best in that section if I can't make front row railing????

thanks, from an obsessive planner hoping to make this trip PERFECT for the family :lovestruc

preferred dining spot help please....
so we are going the week after Christmas - expecting HUGE crowds - springing for the dinner package -preferred veiwing spot...I will find where the line is forming and WILL be there very early in hopes of getting right in and to the front railing ....BUT if something happens and everyone else has the same plan where should my second choice be??? this still confuses me even with looking at all the pics

I would have gone to the spot that is labeled bad view as it looks the next best to me - and now I have read why that is a bad view....so where is second best in that section if I can't make front row railing????

thanks, from an obsessive planner hoping to make this trip PERFECT for the family :lovestruc

Other than the very from and the area labelled best a lot of people have tried the area just above the PD marking. It's on the edge of the stairs next to the best spot. The reasonaning is that a lot of people end up on the flat area marked PD where the fountains are behind the #1 spot. But the stairs behind give you some vertical advantage. I believe from a number of posting if the PD area wasn't marked Best and then 1, but 1-2 like the other areas this would be the 2 spot.

Also remember while you go early to line up, there is not really a line. So try to figure out where the gate will open and jocky around to that area.

I just wanted to add, that a lot of people who have seen it twice know that planning makes a big difference. So having a plan where to go is half the battle. Enjoy the show.

A GAC is good for your party up 6 people, or maybe it's 6+GAC holder. PP suggested that 8 people went in. Either somebody made an exception or the WoC crowd control didn't know how the GAC cards work. Of course it may of been a group with more than one GAC.

There was an ECV involved. Maybe that was coincidence, but when I used an ECV no one ever asked for a GAC. Granted that may have been because I always had crutches with me too, but that's my experience. :confused3

In that case I mentioned my money is on crowd control being asleep though. There were numerous issues with that group in the end which crowd control happily ignored.

Other than the very from and the area labelled best a lot of people have tried the area just above the PD marking. It's on the edge of the stairs next to the best spot. The reasonaning is that a lot of people end up on the flat area marked PD where the fountains are behind the #1 spot. But the stairs behind give you some vertical advantage. I believe from a number of posting if the PD area wasn't marked Best and then 1, but 1-2 like the other areas this would be the 2 spot.

Also remember while you go early to line up, there is not really a line. So try to figure out where the gate will open and jocky around to that area.

I just wanted to add, that a lot of people who have seen it twice know that planning makes a big difference. So having a plan where to go is half the battle. Enjoy the show.

thanks for the tips...

This may have been asked before, but I didn't see it. Is it possible to get more than one fastpass for WOC? For example, can I get a fastpass when the park opens, wait two hours and then get another one? During our trip, WOC is playing 3 times a night and we may want to see it more than once.

Thanks!

Has anyone ever watched it from the area around the golden zephyr how is that view? Due to reading the posts here and elsewhere on the board I am leaning toward skipping this "adventure" all together during our trip. I have no desire to be trampled to see anything nor to have my 6 year old seperated from me in the crush. If we do see it I will get our fast passes and wait until after the crush to enter and take whatever we can get as far as standing room or try the spot by the golden zephyr as a second possibility. Also how long is the actual show? Long periods of standing still aggravates my knee problem and wonder if I should get a GAC specifically for this event. Also anyone know what you need for a GAC for example Dr's note etc

This may have been asked before, but I didn't see it. Is it possible to get more than one fastpass for WOC? For example, can I get a fastpass when the park opens, wait two hours and then get another one? During our trip, WOC is playing 3 times a night and we may want to see it more than once.

Thanks!
Only one regular WOC FP per day per person. In September I got a WOC FP and also had a WOC picnic and thus got FPs for two shows on one night. :teacher:

Has anyone ever watched it from the area around the golden zephyr how is that view? Due to reading the posts here and elsewhere on the board I am leaning toward skipping this "adventure" all together during our trip. I have no desire to be trampled to see anything nor to have my 6 year old seperated from me in the crush. If we do see it I will get our fast passes and wait until after the crush to enter and take whatever we can get as far as standing room or try the spot by the golden zephyr as a second possibility. Also how long is the actual show? Long periods of standing still aggravates my knee problem and wonder if I should get a GAC specifically for this event. Also anyone know what you need for a GAC for example Dr's note etc

Since your situation is very specific I'll send a PM about most of it.

I will honestly say I will be taking my 6yo to see WoC no matter what. It is so good I don't him to miss it, and will take him with the crowd to get a good spot. IT IS WORTH IT.

just wanted to say a huge thank you to Disneyland 1951 & Hydro Guy! i saw woc from the preferred dining area front rail on the right side (which was amazing, thanks hydroguy!) back in august but used disneyland 1951 tip about the yellow fire hydrant in the blue section and saw the woc from behind the fire hydrant on 12/16 for the 8pm show and it was amazing! it was such a wonderful perspective! i lined up with the "cattle call" at about 6:45pm and when the mad dash was on i went right away to the area behind the yellow fire hydrant and it was about 15 minutes before anyone even ventured close to me in that area. i stayed at the DLH so it was very easy to get a blue woc fp at 9am, took about a total of 5 minutes. also really enjoyed the tron addition to the end of the show. so thank you again hydro and disneyland 1951 for all of your wonderful tips on the woc!

I have a few Fastpass-related questions for WOC that I haven't found answers for. If we get a Fastpass, normally that blocks out getting further FP's until you reach the time or several hours. Since WOC isn't until evening, does that mean we can't get further FP's for several hours after getting them? Or, is it treated as an exception so we can get other ones?

Also, if we enter Disneyland early and then go to DCA when it opens for WOC fastpasses, do we need to make sure our FP window is open (could a FP pending for a DL ride block getting a WOC FP)?

I have a few Fastpass-related questions for WOC that I haven't found answers for. If we get a Fastpass, normally that blocks out getting further FP's until you reach the time or several hours. Since WOC isn't until evening, does that mean we can't get further FP's for several hours after getting them? Or, is it treated as an exception so we can get other ones?

Also, if we enter Disneyland early and then go to DCA when it opens for WOC fastpasses, do we need to make sure our FP window is open (could a FP pending for a DL ride block getting a WOC FP)?

The WOC Fastpass does NOT block out the normal ride Fastpass, and vice versa.

To explain real quick how FPs work, the distribution machines are connected to each other. So when you get an Indy FP the Space machines know you have to wait until the Indy return window is open or 2 hours. However WoC FPs are NOT connected. No matter what FPs you have you can get a WoC FP. Then you can get FPs eleswhere, the Soarin or Splash FP machines won't know you have the WoC FP.

To piggyback on your answer, we recently found out the the fastpass machines in DL are not connected to CA. This means if you plan to park hop back and forth, grab a fastpass from the park you are leaving and then you can get one immediately in the new park. Of course this only works if you plan on going back into the original park.

As annual passholders we tend to wander back and forth between the parks and always grab a fastpass on the way out of one park to use later.

To explain real quick how FPs work, the distribution machines are connected to each other. So when you get an Indy FP the Space machines know you have to wait until the Indy return window is open or 2 hours. However WoC FPs are NOT connected. No matter what FPs you have you can get a WoC FP. Then you can get FPs eleswhere, the Soarin or Splash FP machines won't know you have the WoC FP.

Thanks for the informative replies! Great to know that we don't have to worry about tracking FP times for WoC, or across parks. I liked the tip about getting more than one. Maybe our runner to WoC should also pick up Soarin' passes on his way back to Disneyland :-)

I ordered picnics for 12/30 last week and am finalizing my park plans. There are 3 shows for WoC on 12/20: 8:00, 9:15 & 10:15. I looked at my receipt and it says that I have to pick up my picnic by 1 hour prior to the first WoC showtime. Does that mean that my showtime will be 8:00?

I ordered picnics for 12/30 last week and am finalizing my park plans. There are 3 shows for WoC on 12/20: 8:00, 9:15 & 10:15. I looked at my receipt and it says that I have to pick up my picnic by 1 hour prior to the first WoC showtime. Does that mean that my showtime will be 8:00?

Yes picnic FPs are for the first show. But don't wait until 7pm to get your picnic. Two reasons. It's nice to get the picnic and sit somewhere to eat it, not while you stand waiting for the show. Also the ticket with picnics are for blue and or just yellow. So it may be wise to go early and if you don't like the color ask a manger for the other. Though the view can be great from both if you are against a rail, and poor if you are behind people.

At the risk of being too obvious, I think it just means whatever the showtime is on 12/30, you need to get the picnic 1 hour before that. A quick check of the schedule shows on 12/30 the WOC shows are the same as you listed for 12/20. In other words by 7PM...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter