• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

World Series 2016 Thread - Indians vs. Cubs

Well, that could have gone better. :headache:

Oh well, most predicted that this would likely go 7 games - here we go. :scared:

Not sure if Madden was wise in using Chapman tonight - at least with a blowout, the Indians didn't end up having to use any of their big 3 bullpen guys. Hopefully, they'll all be needed tomorrow (e.g. they're nursing a lead). :)

Well, that could have gone better. :headache:

Oh well, most predicted that this would likely go 7 games - here we go. :scared:

Not sure if Madden was wise in using Chapman tonight - at least with a blowout, the Indians didn't end up having to use any of their big 3 bullpen guys. Hopefully, they'll all be needed tomorrow (e.g. they're nursing a lead). :)
The Cubs will have Lester and Lackey available if they need them

thats%2Ba%2Bnice%2Blead%2Byou%2Bhave%2Bthere.jpg

Can't wait for Game 7 tonight! I don't know if my nerves can take it and I'm not even a fan of either team but rooting for the Cubs.

I am so FREAKING excited for tonight!

In all honesty, win or lose, I'll just be glad to get back to a normal sleeping schedule after tonight. :p

These late nights are killing me - it's not bad enough that the games go to nearly midnight (EST), but then I end up flipping through all the darn postgame shows as well.

In all honesty, win or lose, I'll just be glad to get back to a normal sleeping schedule after tonight. :p

These late nights are killing me - it's not bad enough that the games go to nearly midnight (EST), but then I end up flipping through all the darn postgame shows as well.
That's the great part about being retired. We go to bed around 1 or 1:30 and get up around 8:30 or 9. And we're Central time. Don't forget you get your hour back this weekend. DST ends

Well, if we need them, we have Lackey and Lester to help out.

I'll take the pitching personnel that the Cubs can call on tonight over the Indians personnel. The Indians starter is on short rest (3rd game in 9 days), plus it is VERY hard to beat a team three times. And he has to "beat" the Cubs batting in order for them to win. The batting lineup Joe put together last night - OH BABY did they have the mojo flowing. And that was amped up from Sunday nights mojo.

Either way it goes, it will be an awesome game to watch.

I'll take the pitching personnel that the Cubs can call on tonight over the Indians personnel. The Indians starter is on short rest (3rd game in 9 days), plus it is VERY hard to beat a team three times. And he has to "beat" the Cubs batting in order for them to win. The batting lineup Joe put together last night - OH BABY did they have the mojo flowing. And that was amped up from Sunday nights mojo.

Either way it goes, it will be an awesome game to watch.

If the Indians can get a run or two early, I wouldn't expect Kluber to go more than 4+ innings, then the combo of Shaw, Miller and Allen will finish the last 5 innings.

Can they do that? No clue - anything can happen in a Game 7. However, I like the stat that 9 of the last 10 Game 7 winners have been at home. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter