WOW! It's been a while~Traveling to DW with Diabetes

My bad. It is that, but when we've bought them, they came with the test strips (like the link below)
Here's the link from Walgreens.com

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/wa...cose-monitoring-system/ID=prod6046688-product

Also, the sets I've bought before, the tester was the lid, they didn't give you a separate lid for the test strips. Seems they've repackaged them now, but I've still seen them the old way in the stores.

you know, that's EXACTLY what I thought too, but then when I tried to google and didn't see them I thought maybe I had just remembered them incorrectly.

And the other thing I recently noticed, meters don't come with 10 free strips anymore LOL. I used to tell newly diagnosed families that in a pinch, to just grab a meter at CVS or Walgreens on sale for dirt cheap and use the vial of free strips if they ever found themselves in a situation where they broke a meter or lost one, etc. Now, they don't even include a sample. LOL.

I'm going to just throw DD's "kit" in my bag. Her meter is also a remote for insulin too, really really awesome especially because she loves wearing dresses, don't have to lift the dress and embarrass her, just use the remote.

It's also fun at home to see how far she can run from me with a fist full of french fries while I try to give her a bolus from the kitchen! Kidding!

Tell them to grab the one I linked to - it does include 10 test strips (and just $9.99).
totally going to have to do that now!

I'm going to just throw DD's "kit" in my bag. Her meter is also a remote for insulin too, really really awesome especially because she loves wearing dresses, don't have to lift the dress and embarrass her, just use the remote.

It's also fun at home to see how far she can run from me with a fist full of french fries while I try to give her a bolus from the kitchen! Kidding!
ROFL. those little girls do love their Pings. when my son was first diagnosed back in 2005 we met up with another family and they had a little girl, about 4, and she thought it was extremely hysterical to walk up and flash everyone while she was getting bolused. Her mom kept her pump under her dress in a pump pack, away from her hands, but she knew that she could lift it up anytime she ate and boy did she take advantage of that. I told mom that she had a future calling as a stripper. LOL.

I really dislike this disease, it's so random. Yesterday I couldn't seem to keep her above 75, today I can't get her below up 300. :confused:

I'll second that. The only reason I'm still up (3:09AM) is I'm waiting to come down from 278 so I can go to bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter