X-Rated Wedding Reception

I think that the entire thing is ridiculous. The disclaimer on the wedding invitation is offensive and the fact you need to place a warning about your music is questionable, IMO.
I am not reading that they actually included the part about playing explicit music on the invite.
I am reading it as saying they told their DJ they wanted explicit lyrics. And then as an aside to explain that there shouldn't be kids at the wedding, added that they already included the "We love your kids, but we didn't invite them" on the invite.

Do you have an Uncle Stashu? As in Stanley or Stanislaw? Mine could get his groove on with a mean polka.

One part of my Heinz 57 heritage is Polish, so I actually have/had four. Everybody knows to expect any and everything -- polka, accordion playing, fantastical belief in mythical (nonexistent) tango and cha cha skills, an attempt to full out Beyonce Single Ladies. The mind boggles at what they would do with overt, explicit lyrics. They're quite a handful at family holidays too, but wedding receptions seem to urge them on.

Have two friends who are also blessed with Uncle Stashus. It's in the name. We say it's a Polish family tradition.

When I saw that the thread title was "X-Rated Wedding Reception", songs with explicit lyrics was not what I was assuming.

I think something a lot of people forget, especially on the disboards, is that a wedding is all about the bride and groom, not the guests. It's their party, they can play Eminem if they want to. Don't like it? Don't go.

On the other hand, if the couple wants to make it all about them and don't give a flip about guests feeling welcomed or comfortable, don't invite them and party as a couple to your heart's content.

On the other hand, if the couple wants to make it all about them and don't give a flip about guests feeling welcomed or comfortable, don't invite them and party as a couple to your heart's content.
The guests that felt welcomed are probably the ones they wanted at their wedding.

Last edited:
I think something a lot of people forget, especially on the disboards, is that a wedding is all about the bride and groom, not the guests. It's their party, they can play Eminem if they want to. Don't like it? Don't go.

Its easy to say that when you do not have a personal stake in the couple. I will never forget my nephews wedding. His grandparents, aunt and uncles cousins all were there. His mom's side all were Polish and were used to having a few polka at weddings. Nope. The band was forbidden by the bride to play even one. At some point in planning a wedding I think that the guests should have some consideration. You want a party that is all about you (in general you, not You @FlightlessDuck ) please do not insult those people who were there while you were growing up, supported your events, and love you unconditionally by inviting them only to show not one whit of consideration. Have your party, but be prepared to have some hurt feelings.

There a a HUGE amount of popular songs which dont have any swear words but are not innocent and defiantly NOT family friendly.

Like many Steely Dan songs. Donald Fagen must have enjoyed getting some some woman drunk and stoned so he could take advantage of them. Hey Nineteen?

Doesn't matter. If an invitation was extended, should the recipient understand it to be a welcome or not?
I supposed it depends on how cynical you are. Probably?

There are plenty of instances where somebody gets a wedding invitation out of some sense of obligation, not because they are actually welcome. Mean 'ole Uncle Carl gets an invite because Mom made you send one, even though nobody in the family likes Carl and he's not going to show up anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter